Confusion

Whispers of Fire

You blinked and slowly placed your hands in your lap and urged them to stay still. “Sorry, what does this mean then?”

The trainer slowly sat down. “Normally, new students do not discover their powers so quickly. This is one of the signs of you being an alpha, __________.”

“There’s no way I can be an alpha, Sir.”

“We have more to back it up. When a student first discovers their powers, their flames are supposed to appear as blue, not black. Actually, I’m not quite sure what you are, _________. When alphas are discovered, their flames appear to be golden...” The trainer said quietly, staring hard at you. “But yours...”

He shook his head. “___________, we are going to have you train privately. I’m sorry, but you really don’t have a choice.”

You blinked.

“You will be training privately with all of our trainers and instructor, excluding Kiseop and Sun Hee, as they are the alphas.”

Kiseop nodded with understanding. “I understand, Sir.”

You looked down at your hands lying on top of your lap. They were trembling slightly and you clenched them, willing them to stop.

The trainer looked at Kiseop and cleared his throat. “Um, could you get Nana and the others?”

Kiseop nodded. “I guess I’ll get them and I won’t be returning to the office for the rest of these periods, correct?”

The trainer nodded. “Please bring them in, and do not speak of this to anyone, especially Sun Hee.”

“Understood.” Kiseop went out the door.

“So.”

You looked up.

“__________, is it?”

You nodded.

“To be quite honest, we’ve never had anything like this happen before. Right now, we’re going to treat you as an alpha and when we get a new alpha, they are allowed to train for as long as they like until they feel they are prepared to face the current alpha of the school.”

There were three solid knocks on the door.

“Come in.” The trainer ordered.

Nana along with a few other trainers filed in through the door with solemn expressions.

“You wanted to see us, Sir?” A boy with dark chestnut hair piped up, the tattoo on his cheek shining from sweat.

His tattoo was a red star, outlined with gold.

“Yes, Zico.”

You could feel Nana’s gaze land on you and you ducked your head, not wanting to see her expression. You felt like an intruder.

“The reason I’ve summoned you all here is because...” The trainer looked up at them from his chair. “We may have another alpha in our hands.”

“You...mean __________?” Nana said quietly, still staring at you.

“Yes.” The trainer nodded.

You could see out of the corner of your eye that Nana was surprised, but she kept shut and took a step back.

The trainer’s eyes were hard and serious as he continued to speak. “However, ________ is a little bit different.”

Nana suddenly spoke again. “What do you mean, different?”

The trainer cleared his throat. “Actually, we’re not sure whether she’s an alpha.”

“Mwoh?” Nana blurted out rather rashly. “You just said she was an alpha, Sir!”

“Nana...”

She sighed impatiently. “Sorry, Sir.”

The trainer raised his eyebrows. “I should speak to you all some other day. Trainers, please go back outside while I continue to discuss a few matters with ________.”

You continued to sit still in your rigid position on the chair without trembling as the others filed out of the room quietly in a solemn manner.

The trainer sighed as he put his head down in between his arms. “_________, all I know is that for the time being, you shall be training separately during these class hours. You will be separated from the other students and trained by me, as well as a few of the other trainers you have seen in the room just now.” He hesitated. “I think you’re an alpha, but at the same time... I don’t think you are an alpha.”

You blinked, your hands starting to tremble slightly again.

“We will train you until we think you are going to be able to stand up to our current female alpha, and when the time comes...” He looked up at you, his expression stern. “You will have to fight her.”

Your eyes grew wide, and this time, you were unable to restrain yourself from displaying any emotion on your face. “M-mwoh? Sir...” You swallowed. “You can’t be serious.”

His silent reply confirmed it.

“I...” You looked up at him with quivering lips. “Don’t think I can do this...”

He put a firm hand on your shoulder. “_________... I understand this may be quite overwhelming for you. But.. This is strange. I may not know you, but I am willing to put my bet on you that you will win.”

You blinked, feeling stunned.

“Be strong.”

You blinked again.

I’ll do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you went back into the changeroom at the end of the two periods, you backed into a corner, hoping nobody would notice you.

You changed back into your school uniform, keeping your head down. Just as you were about to finish and slip your feet back into the black flats, you were confronted by Sun Hee.

She glared at you.

“What do you want, Sun Hee.” You growled, glaring back with as much intensity.


She simply her hand out at you and you found yourself pinned high up against the wall with Sun Hee’s power.

You struggled, her invisible grip on you growing tighter. “You .” You growled under your breath. Struggling, you had no idea what you were doing as you shut your eyes tightly and pointed your hand at her.

You felt something tingle within your finger tips as you felt power flow through them and you flicked your fingers in her direction. Hearing a loud oomph sound, you opened your eyes cringing.

Sun Hee was knocked to the other side of the changeroom and fell to the ground from an awkward position.

Your eyes widened slightly. Did...Did I just do this?


Not wanting to find out, you rushed out the changeroom door, your feet carrying your body as fast as they could, running away from Sun Hee’s mortified voice.

“!” She screamed, her voice echoing through the hallways filled with people.

You burst out the doors and not waiting for Dongho, you found your way blindly to your next class.

“Access card?”

You felt around for it in your pocket as you handed it to the male teacher with shaking hands.

He nodded and handed it back to you. “Take a seat anywhere.”

You nodded, feeling dizzy from your racing heartbeat. Finding a seat at the very back of the classroom, you let yourself drop into the black wooden chair.

What did you just do...

You took a shaky breath of air, your lips continuing to quiver. You put your pale hands on to your lap, feeling worried and uncertain.

Am I an alpha? No way. Please...let me be a normal wolf.

You shook your head, your slightly sweaty ponytail brushing against the back of your bare neck.

Please...

~~~~~~~~~~~~