Official Announcement

Whispers of Fire

You let the teeth of your comb rub through your silky black hair one more time, sighing as it fell back over your shoulders with a light plop.

“Coming for breakfast?”

“Uh..yeah!” You called back, snapping your hair up into a sleek ponytail. “I’ll be out in a second.” You slid two more bobby pins in your hair before opening the door and walking out.

Nana was sitting in the sofa as she looked up from her book to you.

“You’re reading a book?” You asked curiously. “I’ve never even seen you read.”

She quickly set it down and got up. “Never mind the book. Are we going to breakfast?”

You nodded.

“Hyun Jae’s already there, eating.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

The school dining room was already filled with people when you and Nana walked in. Chatter filled the room and you caught sight of Sun Hee talking with one of the girls that followed her around.

You quickly ducked out of sight.

“________!” somebody grabbed your arm.

You flinched, ready to hit whoever it was.

“Relax, it’s just me.”

Turning around, you saw Kiseop holding on to your arm, grinning.

“I’ll...leave you guys alone.” Nana stuttered, turning red. She quickly spun around and walked in the direction of where Hyun Jae was sitting.

Suddenly, all the happy chattering and conversation died down, now replaced by whispers.

Eyes trailed across the room and landed on you standing with Kiseop, his hand gripping your arm tightly. After a few seconds, all eyes landed on Sun Hee, who had turned a ghostly white.

Her complexion turned pasty, then her cheeks flared bright red.

Kiseop suddenly began walking over to one of the chairs, tugging you along.

What is he DOING?!

He stood up on the chair and held up your arm as you stood there blankly, confused.

“Attention, everyone! Attention, students at Dal’s Academy!”

Everybody’s attention had already been on him.

“This is my girlfriend.”

You blinked, the tip of your ponytail lightly scratching the back of your neck.

“And,” Kiseop added. “If anybody dares lay even a finger on her, I,” A dark look filled his eyes. “will come and find you personally for a little meeting.”

Your cheeks flared red with embarrassment.

The room was filled with deadly silence, the silence only breaking when Sun Hee cracked her knuckles once, then twice, before pushing through everybody to flee the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You haven’t gotten much time left.”

The words hit you hard as you sat there numbly in the training room office, fidgeting with your thumbs, not wanting to look up at the head trainer.

He lightly patted you on the head. “You’re ready, _________. Remember when I said I’d put my bet on you?”

You nodded silently, breathing out.

“I still would.”

You blinked up at him, your bottom lip quivering slightly as you did so. “You think so?”

“I believe so.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You slowly walked back to the girls’ dorm, feeling lightheaded with each step you took.

You haven’t got much time left...

They’ve already started setting up the stadium for which the fight will take place.

Sun Hee’s training harder than ever, be careful.

I’m not allowed to tell you her biggest weapon, which she hasn’t used against you yet.

She hasn’t used it against anyone for the longest time.

But you have your own. You just haven’t figured it out yet.

Stay strong, and be patient.

You pushed open the door to your room and quickly made your way to your own bed, sitting down dizzily. Sighing, you let yourself fall back against the pillows, wishing the fight would never come.

The sound of Nana walking in rang throughout the empty room and you sat up, still feeling nauseous.

“__________!” Her voice now replaced the silence of the room.

“Hey.” You muttered meekly, still sprawled out on your bed.

She walked into the room and sat down next to you. “Are you okay? You seem pretty stressed lately, especially today.”

“Yeah, I guess...” You sat up and lightly touched the side of your head as the world spun around.

Nana stared at you with concern. “________...”

You suddenly stood up and rushed over to the other side of the room where you leaned over the garbage can and puked. “Ugh...” You groaned as you slowly sat yourself down on the floor. “Gross.”

Nana rushed over and crouched down next to you. “You really aren’t okay. I’ll call Kiseop. He can heal you.”

You managed a shuddering sigh as she reached into her purse for her cell phone where she quickly punched in Kiseop’s number.

“Kiseop? This is Nana, do you think you could come over to our room? Your girlfriend is really sick right now.”

He said something in reply, but his voice was too muffled and far away for you to hear.

“Araso. I’m sure you have the special access key because you’re an alpha? Great. ‘Kay, see you.” Nana swiftly pressed her thumbnail on the screen of her phone and threw the phone on her bed.

“Is he coming?” You asked softly, the world spinning faster and faster around you.

“Yeah.” Nana nodded, her face turning slightly pink as she pushed the puke filled garbage can away. She touched your leg gently. “You okay? Hang in there.”

You nodded, feeling strangely cold all over.

Kiseop burst in, slightly panting from sprinting all the way to the girls’ dorm. “_________!” He rushed over to your side, kneeling down next to where you sat with your pasty complexion.

“Kiseop.”

He looked down at you, his eyes locking with yours. “How do you feel right now?”

“Really...dizzy.”

You collapsed on to his lap.

~~~~~~~~~~