Change

Whispers of Fire

You woke up groggily the next morning and felt a stronger bond of friendship between you and Nana, as if last night had really brought the two of you together.

Like yesterday, you found Dongho waiting loyally outside of your room.

“Good morning!” He smiled at you when you came out of the room. “I didn’t see you after school yesterday? I was looking everywhere for you.”

You sighed. “Look, Dongho. I appreciate how nice and how much you want to help me, but you really don’t have to do this.”

He hesitated. “What do you mean?”

“I...” You looked down. “Never mind. Let’s go.”

Dongho stared at you for a few seconds, as if trying to read your thoughts. “Araso. Let’s go.”

The two of you slipped into the cafeteria for breakfast and afterwards, he walked you to your Mystic Knowledge class.

“__________.”

You looked at him. “Yeah?”

“Did...Nana happen to say anything about me and Hana?”

You stopped and you felt your heart thudded against your chest. “...Mwoh?”

“So you know.”

Your eyes widened. “I-”

Dongho placed a hand on your arm. “It’s okay. I figured she would tell you after all.”

“Listen, Dongho, I was the one who forced her to tell me, she didn’t do anything wrong! I-”

He smiled. “No, it’s alright. You would’ve found out eventually.”

You looked down. “If you don’t mind me asking... What’s your relationship with Nana?”

“_________-”

You held up your hand. “Aniyo. It’s fine if you don’t want to tell me.”

He gripped your hand. “I’m willing to tell you.”

Suddenly, you started feeling very uncomfortable with his hand grasping yours. “I...I need to go. I’ll talk to you at lunch.” You practically tore your hand out of his grip.

He was obviously startled by your sudden display of nervousness, but didn’t chase after you as you ran swiftly to the classroom.

You felt yourself turn pink when you arrived at the classroom. You handed the teacher your card and she let you in. You went in and took your seat next to Jaehyo.

“Annyeong.” Jaehyo smiled at you as you took a seat.

“Hey.” You replied as you sunk into your seat.

He grinned. “How was your first official day at Dal’s?”

“I’d...rather not talk about it.”

Jaehyo was about to make a joke about it but decided against it. “If you ever need anything, I’m here, okay?”

You managed a confident smile. “Thanks, Jaehyo.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

When the bell rang, you jumped up.

“Hey.”

You looked down to see Jaehyo grabbing your arm.

“We weren’t able to eat lunch together yesterday... Do you want to eat lunch together today?”

“I...” You sighed. “Mianhae, Jaehyo. I can’t. I’ve got plans.”

“Oh.” He said simply. “I’ll see you tomorrow then, I suppose.”

You nodded. “Bye!” You rushed out of the classroom and nearly bumped into Dongho’s solid chest.

“_________!” He gasped.

“Oops..” You muttered. “Sorry...”

He chuckled. “It’s alright. Do you want to eat lunch together?”

“Uh... Yeah. That was the plan.”

“Right.” He nodded. “So I could tell you about me and Nana?”

You turned pink, feeling nosy. “Well I would like to know more about you too!” You blurted, your ears turning pink too.

He chuckled again and nodded. “We’ll eat lunch in the hallway. Nana and Hyun Jae never eat there.”

~~~~~~~~~

You picked at the food on your plate.

“Can’t eat?”

“Huh?” You looked up at Dongho.

He jumped up from the dusty floor and brushed at the small pieces of dust that clung to his pants. “Maybe I should tell you another day.”

“What?” You stammered, surprised at his sudden change of attitude. “Is something wrong?”

“To be honest with you, ___________.” His face displayed no emotion at all. “I don’t think I should be telling you. I shouldn’t be telling you anything.”

“M-mwoh?”

“Sorry, __________.” His face continued to remain hard and emotionless. “I don’t think I should be like this around you.”

You weren’t sure what was happening as Dongho walked away, leaving you speechless.

What...the hell just happened?

You pushed yourself off the ground and slowly brushed the dust off of the folds of your skirt. Picking up your untouched lunch and Dongho’s leftover food tray off the ground, you headed over to the cafeteria to dump it out.

You let yourself blend in the crowds of talking students, carefully hiding yourself from Nana and Hyun Jae’s normal table. After that, you let your feet carry you to the training room, early for today’s training.



~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for late update >< been busy...