Player of Hearts

Whispers of Fire

 

 

 

You woke up again, to feel him your hair once again. You shuddered.


“Good morning, __________.”

You turned your head to see Sun Hee’s screams now being muffled by a cloth similar to your-

Where did that cloth go?

You suddenly realized that the cloth was no longer wrapped around your mouth. You also realized that your skin was all cleaned up and not stiffened with dried blood, instead, it was now a soft milky white. You were dressed in a tight, white spaghetti strapped tank top and black sweatpants.

Your hair had been washed too, and now it spread out on your pillow, the silky strands touching your neck.

He smiled. “Aren’t I nice? I got somebody to give you a shower.”

You glared at him.

He gently took the locks of your hair and rubbed them between his fingers, letting it fall back through his fingers and on to the pillow.

“What are you doing?” You asked flatly, continuing to glare at him.

“Your voice matches you,” He said, ignoring your question. “it’s pretty, like you.”

"Shut up." you muttered with daring eyes.

He raised his eyebrows slightly. "Oh? I allow you to speak and this is what you say to me now?"

"I..." you faltered, not sure of what to say.

He laughed and Sun Hee screamed again, her muffled voice ignored by him.
"Don't worry, _______. I like you the best out of the two alphas here."

You shivered as he stopped your hair to step to the front of the room.

"So, I see the two of you have woken up?" he smiled. " that's good. I will now explain the process of my experiment. For the past 2 years, I have been conducting a top secret research project that required the enormous load of hard work and effort from myself for the result. A few months ago, my research pulled through and I was able to create something designed specially for me."

You blinked and bit your lip nervously, sensing something really bad coming up.

He grinned. "I have created a chemical that mixes in with only my power and DNA so that I will have the ability to absorb both of your powers, as long as the two of you are alive. So don't worry, girls." his smile grew sweet. "I'll keep you guys alive."  

"And of course, I need the both of you because through my past experiments with other werewolves, I have already absorbed all their powers, so I am only missing the special alpha powers which the two of you hold inside."

"Why?" You blurted in confusion, shooting him a wary glance.

"Because then I will become the new leader of our race." He grinned.

"That's just terrible..." you whispered under your breath, staring at him with fearful eyes. "So we're just your guinea pigs?"

"In everybody else's case, pretty much yes. But in your case, no."

"Why?"

He smirked slyly. "You'll find out shortly."

You paused, feeling your hands trembling, the metal chains rattling quietly. "Then where are all the others?" You demanded. "Where are Nana, Zico, Kiseop, Kevin, Dongho, and everyone else?"

Sun Hee's screams fell silent when she heard you say Dongho's name.

"Oh, don't worry." He stepped back and you suddenly realized that it was a fake wall behind him.

He waved his hand, and the illusion of the wall rippled, now replaced with figures sitting limply in wooden chairs, their arms and legs tied securely behind them and to the wooden legs.

One of them with dirty brown hair tied into a messy ponytail suddenly looked up.

"__________!" She breathed loudly. "You're alive!"

The others looked upward and looked relieved when they saw you alive and moving.

"Where's...Kiseop?" You said quietly, feeling fear grip at your heart. "and Dongho." You added fearfully.


“They’re...somewhere.” He said, his expression turning cold.

“Nana?” You looked at her worriedly.

Her shoulders slumped and she looked down, shaking her head. “I don’t know...”

Yoon Sung stepped in between your bed and Nana’s chair. “That’s enough conversation for now.” He waved his hand and the air rippled, Nana and the other trainers now replaced by a solid wall.

“Bring them back!” You screamed frantically, shaking your wrists, the metal cutting into your skin even more.

He sighed and walked back over to your bed, your hair once again. A peaceful smile fell over his face as he touched your hair. “I won’t. You see, __________, the only reason I have kept them here is so that they could witness the amazing work I have accomplished in the last two years and watch me as I conduct my experiment.”

“You’re crazy!” You screamed out, jerking your head away. “You’re a psycho and e!”

“Now let’s not be so rash with names.” He roughly tugged on your hair, making you wince as you felt a few strands torn from your scalp.

“What you’re doing is crazy,” You stared at him with defiant eyes. “It’s wrong and you should just accept the fact that you’re crazy!”

His expression stayed calm as he leaned down to whisper in your ear, his voice low and dangerous. “Do you not want me to like you? You do realize that your life is in my hands right now.”

Your eyes flashed. “I know you won’t kill me.” You retorted firmly, pressing your mouth into a thin line. “Because you need me. Because you need me for your ‘experiment’, isn’t that right, Mister Baek Yoon Sung.” You spat the words out loudly.

They hit, and you knew he had been stung by them.

He swore out loud as he suddenly slapped you hard across the cheek, leaving a red mark on your right cheek. “Do you want to die?” He hissed dangerously, glaring at you, his purple eyes glinting.

You refused to apologize.

He firmly placed his hand on your chest and you shivered, feeling slightly violated. Murmuring a few words that he could only hear, you gasped as you suddenly felt like you had been stabbed through the heart.

Pain burned throughout your body, and you arched your back, using all you had to not kick your arms and legs. Suddenly, something seemed to snap and you felt yourself grow limp and fall back on the bed.

When you opened your eyes to stare at him, your eyes widened to see a familiar black flame burning in his hand.

“Still want to talk back to me now?” He said slyly as he gently squeezed the fire.

You gasped as you felt an invisible force squeeze your body briefly, pain flaring in your chest where he had placed his hand a few seconds ago.

“This would be fun.” He grinned, brushing his finger through the flame.

You groaned as you felt pain run through your waist as he ran his finger once through the flame.

It was as if someone had sliced a thick blade through your waist, attempting to cut your body into two parts.

You gasped as you fell back against the pillow panting. “S-stop.” You muttered meekly, gazing at him warily.

He smirked as he pinched the tip of the flame and you felt something squeezing your throat, barely allowing you to breathe.

You gulped in huge breaths of air as you felt sweat break out on your forehead.

“Are you going to listen to me now?” His lips curved into the most evil smirk you had ever seen in your whole life.

Trembling, you managed to nod your head weakly.

“Good.” He smiled, releasing his hold on your neck. “Do you want your heart back, __________?”

You nodded again, staring at him with tired eyes.

He grinned again as he flicked his finger at the flame.

It flickered slightly as you were knocked back into the pillows with a loud thump.

He placed his hand back on your chest and you shivered as you felt the flame slowly absorb back into your own body.

You sighed when he finally took his hand off your chest, your heart hammering against your ribcage.

“That will teach you lesson, aren’t I right?”

You said nothing in response as he smiled at you with content.

“Stay on my good side, you want that, don’t you?”

Your lips grew dry and cracked.

He resumed gently your hair and you were too worn out to even shiver as you felt your eyes close, your body drifting to sleep.

The last thing you heard before you fell asleep were Sun Hee’s desperate muffled screams.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~