Final Decision

Whispers of Fire

Kiseop grabbed you by the waist and tackled you to the ground, a second before Sun Hee’s purple whips lashed out at where you were standing.

 

You laced your fingers through his and he pulled you up on your feet, nodding at you.

 

“We have to escape. There’s too many. It’s run or die. We can’t fight back.”

 

You nodded back, giving him a reassuring squeeze, power surging through your hands.

 

Ready?

 

Kiseop’s eyebrows went up at your soft whisper in his head, but his expression stayed the same.

 

1...

 

2...

 

3-

 

Na Na bolted at you, a silver blade glinting in the darkness.

 

You quickly dodged to the side, tripping over your own feet as you scrambled to get away, the knife slicing your arm slightly. Wincing as Kiseop pulled you up and toward the door, you pressed your hand firmly against the cut, feeling the blood seep through your fingers.

 

Yoon Sung was quick to step in front of the door, his dark eyes staring at both of you in amusement as you tried to push him away hastily.

 

Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

 

You screamed at yourself inside as soon as you caught Yoon Sung’s eye. His eyes seemed to wrinkle with laughter as a bright flash exploded in front of you, knocking you backwards into Kiseop’s strong body, knocking both of you to the ground.

 

Yoon Sung came forward and stopped at your feet, his eyes still bright with amusement. “________, my plans before for you was so that I could take you to be with me forever, not as my guinea pig, but as a person who loved me.”

 

“I could never love you.” You spat out angrily, sitting up.

 

He shook his head. “However, I don’t like you anymore. I ended up becoming the scientist and researcher for Hana. My life is now completely devoted to her, she decides my future now.”

 

Hana stepped forward, standing beside Yoon Sung. “About that...”

 

He turned to smile at her. “Is something wrong, Hana?”

 

His eyes suddenly bulged out, Hana’s face now emotionless. He made a sort of gagging sound, his eyes rolling back. Falling to the ground, you saw that thick, bubbly blood was spilling out of his stomach, a silver knife stabbed deep into his body.

 

“I don’t need you here anymore.” Hana turned to Kiseop and you saw that his face was filled with horror.

 

Kiseop backed up a bit, trembling.

 

I’ve never seen my sister kill anyone. Is she so strong?

 

Yoon Sung’s now lifeless eyes stared straight at you.

 

You shivered, looking away.

 

Get up, Kiseop.

 

Get.. up.

 

Hana kicked Yoon Sung’s body away, leaving a bright red scrape of blood on the stone floor. “He was a shame. Such a waste. He had so much potential, only to waste it all on something silly called ‘love’.”

 

Before you could stop yourself, you had blurted something out. “What about your love for Dongho?”

 

She turned her head to you abruptly, her cold eyes staring into yours. “Why does it matter to you?”

 

You swallowed, buying yourself a bit of time to think before you answered carefully. “Because he’s my friend.”

 

Hana’s red lips parted with cruel, cold laughter. “You’re so naive, ________. It almost makes me wish I could go back in time to when I was just as naive as you are now.”

 

Kiseop’s nails dug deep into his palms, carving clear half-moons in his skin.

 

“There’s no such thing as friends. It’s either somebody is your ally or your enemy.” She smiled down at you. “I hate to break it to you, _________, but.. It’s a cruel world. It’s not all flowers and bumble bees. Even the flowers wilt, and the bees will sting. It’s a world where everybody is struggling to survive. It’s either you kill and win, or die and lose.” She shrugged. “I want to survive. What choice do I have but to kill?”  

 

You shook your head, flustered and breathless. “Hana.. As much as you seem to dislike me, please listen to me. You don’t have to kill to win. It isn’t worth it.”

 

“I-”

 

The ground rumbled suddenly and began shaking violently. The chair in the corner collapsed and fell on its back. You felt yourself gasp as you were suddenly knocked into Kiseop. Even Hana was pushed against the wall along with Sun Hee and Nana.

 

The ground stopped shaking, but the rumbling continued.

 

“It’s begun.” Sun Hee said quietly, her eyes filled with fear.

 

Hana stepped forward quickly, pushing her sleeves up, revealing her bare pale arms covered with faint scars.

 

You backed up slowly, using your hands to inch back across the stone floor.

 

“There’s too many of us in this world. One of us has to die. We can’t all live.”

 

You bit into your cheeks as you saw a bright silver glow beginning to form in her hands.

 

“Wait!”

 

Everyone turned to Kiseop in surprise.

 

“Hana… Sister.”

 

You saw Kiseop grimace as he forced out the word.

 

“Please don’t kill her. Why can’t you just stop? If you’re going to kill someone..” He looked at you. “Take my life instead.”

 

Hana slowly turned to Kiseop. “Surely, Brother, you should know well enough that if all these alphas were to live, it would ruin the balance of this world. The only way for so many alphas to thrive would be to rid the entire earth of its werewolf population except for its alpha wolves.”

 

“Then take me!” Kiseop protested, and you shook your head, tears threatening to spill out. “Or just kill all the other wolves, I don’t care! Let her live!”

 

Hana looked at him for a long time. She raised her arms once again…

 

And directed them toward you.

 

“If you think it's natural for people to sacrifice their own lives to save others, surely you understand that sometimes a single death can save many lives.” She said slowly. “It’s her life I have to take.”

 

“Take me!” Kiseop screamed out desperately. “Tell her, ________! Tell her why it has to be me!”

 

You couldn’t bear to look at him.

 

The silver glow began to return to her palms, and you knew why it had to be you.

 

“I can’t kill you because you’re my brother.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Apology for the Attack on Titan quote. haha (: For those of you watching it anyway.