Good Luck

Whispers of Fire

It was the morning of the big day. The attack was planned for nighttime, so everyone just relaxing and hanging around the living room.


 

Except for Kiseop that is.


 

No one really paid much attention to that except for you and Jaehyo. You had a huge guilty feeling in your gut and you tried to avoid Jaehyo as much as possible… if it were possible that is.


 

To be truthful, you still loved Kiseop. But being with Kiseop.. it felt like it was right. You felt like you were with Kiseop only because the two of you fit each other. However, when you were with Jaehyo, he gave you a thrill.


 

It was daring and real, and you knew you loved him too.


 

You knew what you were doing was wrong, yet you couldn’t stop, no matter how much you tried willing yourself to pull away, go back to Kiseop.


 

Jaehyo came over to you, the rest of Block B out of earshot. “Are you okay?” He asked, his eyes filled with concern.


 

“I.. suppose so..” You said uncertainly, frowning slightly. “I’m sorry, Jaehyo, I really don’t know what’s happening to me. I love both of you, but I can’t stay away from you.”


 

He nodded. “It’s fine.” He rubbed his hand on your back, making you feel more at ease. “You can take your time. And besides, you know that no matter how long you take, I’ll still love you, right?”


 

You gave him a weak smile. “Yeah…” You looked Jaehyo in the eye. “ I think… I think I’m going to have to talk to Kiseop.”


 

His hand on your back stopped moving. “Are you sure?” He asked gently, his voice uncertain.


 

You nodded. “Yeah. I have to set things right.”


 

Jaehyo sighed, his hand dropping to his side. “Okay.” He smiled at you supportively. “I love you.”


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

You knocked softly on Kiseop’s door.


 

No one answered. You decided Kiseop must’ve been asleep, and you turned around, about to leave.


 

The door opened, and Kiseop stood there in a thin white t-shirt, his hair messy and his eyes tired.


 

You slowly turned around to face a surprised Kiseop, and for a moment, you gazed at him, uncertain of what to do.


 

His face suddenly changed to a stony expression, his eyes harsh. He started to close the door.


 

“No, Kiseop, wait.” You begged, pushing the door back. “Please listen to what I have to say.”


 

He looked at you with the same harsh eyes, and you prayed he wouldn’t slam the door back. “Come in and say it quickly then.”


 

You went into the room obediently, and Kiseop sat down on the bed after closing the room door. You were standing, facing him with sweaty palms.


 

Kiseop glared at you. “So?” He gripped the edge of the bed. “Speak.”


 

You felt your mouth grow dry. “Kiseop,” You started, your voice catching in your throat. Coughing, you covered your mouth with your arm.


Kiseop’s face showed concern, but once you looked back at him, it was gone.

 

“I’m sorry.” You sighed. “I didn’t know when- how, to tell you. To tell you the truth, I still like you, but…” You looked down. This was not going well.

 

“But I just don’t know. I like both of you.”

 

Kiseop snapped. “’I’m sorry.’ That’s all you can say? A sorry isn’t going to fix it, Baek _______. Sure, you say you still love me? Well, I’ve got news, I still love you too. And I never doubted your love until that night. Until I got that note from Zico about you and Jaehyo acting weird. I gave you everything I had, went through thick and thin just to keep you safe and with me, and this is what you do? Backstab me?” He clenched his fists, his nails digging into his palms. “A sorry isn’t going to fix this. I still love you and I’m sorry, but we’re over. Go be with Jaehyo.”

 

“Kiseop…” You reached out instinctively, but you jerked back, knowing you shouldn’t.

 

Kiseop bit hard on to his lower lip, tasting the metallic blood in his mouth.

 

You didn’t know what else to say. “I’m sorry.” You repeated lamely.

 

Kiseop looked away. “Get out.”

 

“Kiseop, I’m-“

 

“Just get out.” He pointed to the door, still refusing to look at you.

 

You bit your lip.

 

Just ing get out!” He screamed.

 

You stood there stunned for a moment.

 

Kiseop never swore. Kiseop was kind, loving…

 

You turned and ran out the door, slamming it behind you.

 

Kiseop’s eyes were watering, and he blinked quickly, willing himself not to cry. He failed to do so. A tear splashed on to his forearm, and he quickly wiped his eyes, throwing himself backwards on the mattress.

 

Goddamnit, ____________.

 

He wiped his eyes again.

 

This is so freaking dumb.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was evening, and Zico called everyone out into the living room.

 

“Alright. I have all the equipment set up here for you. Equip yourselves with whatever you need, and be aware that is what you will be using to fight.”

 

Everyone murmured amongst themselves, pondering what to use.

 

You walked along the row of silver blades and daggers, wondering what weapons would suit you best.

 

Kiseop came up behind you, and a fleeting moment of hope came over you, hoping he would put his strong arms around your waist.

 

“You don’t need any weapons when you can go around breaking people’s hearts so easily like that.”

 

He walked away, leaving you standing there on the spot, frozen and horrified.

 

Jaehyo, seeing that Kiseop had said something to you, rushed over, his face full of concern as he asked you what Kiseop had just done.

 

You shook your head. “Nothing. He just wished me luck.” You lied, your voice coming out in a coarse whisper.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys! if you want to ask me anything: http://ask.fm/giselleechann

i know, i know i didn't update since like what.. november?! SORRY LOL. and happy chinese new year! (: