Decide

Whispers of Fire

 

 

“What the hell...” Kiseop breathed, his voice catching in his throat.

 

Smiling, she looked around the students, her eyes drinking in her surroundings. “It’s nice to be back.” She turned to one of the boys, her sharp eyes continuing to dart around the building as she said something to him.

 

He nodded.

 

She stepped forward, her lips still in a tight devious smile.

 

“I thought you were dead.”

 

You turned towards the familiar voice. “Dongho...”

 

Dongho stepped forward, his eyes a mixture of confusion and anger. “I thought you were dead, Hana.”

 

“I was. But not completely.” She smirked. “Miss me?”

 

Dongho refused to say anything in reply.

 

She gestured to the boy she had talked to earlier in the group. “I was raised from the dead. Twice.” She looked pointedly at her brother with her dark eyes. “Once by my brother, and the second time by Taeil.”

 

“I don’t get it.” Kiseop said after a moment of silence, “Why did you come back and ruin the school then?”

 

She walked over to Kiseop, standing right in front of him. “Thought I’d let you know, little brother.”

 

Kiseop shook his head. “You’re not the same.”

 

“You’re right. I’m not.” Her eyes suddenly flickered at you. “And who are you? ________?”

 

You stared back defiantly at her, even though your heart hammered against your chest. “And you’re Hana, aren’t you.”

 

She threw her head back and laughed loudly. “So you’ve heard about me. Not surprising.”

 

You said nothing and she spun around on her heels, her shoes barely making a sound.

 

“Let’s go, boys.”

 

The boys and Sun Hee behind her nodded as they suddenly all pulled their hoods up.

 

A confused murmuring rose throughout the students.

 

Swiftly, they reached into their pockets and hurled them at the students before turning to run.

 

The objects exploded in the air, a thick, heavy fog falling over everyone, a musty odor settling over the hallway.  

 

“Let’s go!” Kiseop yelled above the noise, grabbing your arm and breaking into a sprint towards the back exit.

 

You turned quickly and sprinted next to him, keeping up with his pace as dust stung your eyes.

 

Nana.

 

Where is she?!

 

“Kiseop!” You felt your arms and legs grow weak from running.

 

He turned to you warily and you saw that he was slowing down too.

 

“She’s missing.” You said, your cheeks red and your hair sticking to your face.

 

He shook his head. “Can’t think about this now,” He swallowed and coughed through the dust. “Keep...running.”

 

You nodded and blinked the dust out of your eyes a few times. You slowed down.

 

“Don’t slow down now...!”

 

You collapsed on to your knees, panting  heavily from the thick smoke and dust. “Kiseop...” You put one hand on the ground to steady yourself so you wouldn’t fall over. “I can’t go on.”

 

He stopped and knelt down next to you. “We’re on hallway away from the emergency exit. Come on, ________.”

 

You coughed on to the ground, watching in horror as blood came out of your mouth and splattered on the ground.

 

Kiseop looked horrified, but his face was quickly interrupted by bloody coughs of his own.

 

In a few seconds, both of you were lying on the ground, coughing out blood.

 

“________!” He managed to whisper hoarsely, “the stuff they threw at us...”

 

You coughed, bright red splattering across your arm. “Gas. Poisonous gas.”

 

He nodded and wiped his mouth, his blood smearing across his skin.

 

Feeling dizzy, you coughed again before sinking completely to the floor, unconscious.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Good morning! You’re awake!”

 

Your eyes opened to reveal the all too familiar room in the school hospital. Turning your head to the side, you saw the nurse pouring you a cup of water.

 

“Kiseop...?” You rasped, your throat dry.

 

She handed you the cup of water and calmly helped you as you struggled to sit up. “He’s fine. He’s recuperating in another room.”

 

You sighed, draining the rest of the water. “What about Nana?”

 

“Nana?”

 

“My friend,” You explained, setting the cup on the table. “Did anyone find her?”

 

The nurse shook her head. “Sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Never mind.” You said dismissively.

 

The nurse nodded.

 

“What happened anyway?”

 

She shrugged. “A whole bunch of people ended up kind of like you. Coughing up blood and collapsing from the toxic gas.”

 

“Nobody died, right?” You asked, lowering your voice.

 

“No one.”

 

“Good.” You leaned back into the pillows. “What’s going to happen now? Did they send anybody after them?”

 

“No.”

 

“How long have i been out?”

 

She looked away. “Two weeks.”

 

You sat there, frozen.

 

“You’re the first person to wake up.”

 

You felt blood drain from your face. “So.. what you mean is...” You swallowed. “Everyone else is still unconscious?”

 

She nodded slowly. “Yes...”

 

“I have to see Kiseop.” You scrambled off the bed.

 

“Hey, wait-”

 

It was too late.

 

You were already sprinting down the hall.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Nana coughed, her head reeling as she felt herself coming to from her unconsciousness. Something warm and wet splattered on her sweatpants.

 

Looking down, she realized it was her blood. She felt ropes around her wrists as she struggled to lift a hand and wipe . Her arms were tied securely behind the wooden chair she was sitting on.

 

“What the hell...” She muttered angrily, half dazed. She looked down and realized her feet were tied together as well.

 

“WHO THE HECK TIED ME TO THIS CHAIR?!” She yelled, her voice muted by the small room she was in. Feeling her patience thin, she stubbornly fidgeted with her hands, groaning with frustration as she made no progress after a few minutes.

 

Sighing with defeat, she let her arms go limp, the ropes making burn marks on her already red wrists.

 

The door creaked open and a dark cloaked figure strolled in, taking their time.

 

Nana bit her tongue fiercely, doing her best to hold in the stream of swear words that threatened to burst out of . “Who are you?” She croaked.

 

“Hey, Nana.”

 

Nana felt her forehead break out in sweat as she shivered, recognizing the all too familiar voice.

 

The cloaked figure threw off her hood, revealing her face, dark hair loosely tumbling down her shoulders. “Miss me?”

 

Nana let out a strangled gasp as her eyes took in the familiar features of her best friend; everything was the same but her hair which was now down to her waist.  

 

Hana sighed, flicking her long dark hair over her shoulder. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

 

Nana said nothing and looked away.

 

“I heard you replaced me.”

 

There was a long silence.

 

“I didn’t replace you, Hana. You...left.”

 

She sighed again, and Nana felt a lump in , recognizing the familiar sigh. “Do you still like my brother?”

 

When Nana said nothing, her face turned...

 

Is that sympathy? Nana wondered, almost a little surprised.

 

“Too bad your best friend is his girlfriend.” Hana spat, her lips curling into a devilish smile. “Now,” She paused to give Nana her famous wink with her left eye, her eyes glinting with enthusiasm.

 

Nana gulped, willing her hands not to fidget again.

 

“Do you want to join us or not?” Hana grinned, stepping forward.

 

“Join you guys? Who the heck are you guys anyway?”

 

Hana flicked her hair over her shoulder again. “It doesn’t matter for now.” She extended her hand towards Nana.

 

“Do you want to kill her or not?”


~~~~~~~~~~~~

if i get a few more subscribers and comments, should i make a little video for you guys? ;)