Eight

The Fallen

 

You unwillingly opened your eyes and squinted at the sunlight that was flowing into the room through the windows behind the bed. You rubbed your eyes and let out a small whine. As you tried to sit up, you found a weight holding you down to the bed.

You looked down to see an arm wrapped protectively around your waist. A blush started to color your cheeks as you slowly lifted your eyes to Suho's sleeping face.

His head was slightly angled towards you and his eyes were still closed, his breathing slow and even. You couldn't believe how perfect he looked, even while sleeping. It seemed like he was an Angel more than a Guardian.

Not realizing what you were doing, you slowly lifted your hand and ran your fingertips down his jaw from the base of his ear all the way down to his chin.

You quickly drew your hand your hand back when he stirred in his sleep and let out a soft groan.

He looked down at you with sleepy eyes and gave you a grin.

"Good morning," his voice was still thick with sleep.

"Good morning," you whispered back.

"Any dreams?"

You shook your head, "Not that I can remember."

"That's great," he smiled.

You looked up at him and found yourself getting lost in his deep eyes. No matter how much you wanted to, you just couldn't look away. With the way that Suho was looking back at you, with so much care and warmth and … love, you realized didn't want to look away either.

You felt your breath hitch when Suho slowly started to lean his face closer to yours, never breaking eye contact. You squeezed your eyes shut when his nose brushed against yours and tried you best to keep your lips from trembling. You completely stopped breathing when you felt his warm breath against your lips, his own lips just a couple centimeters away.

"HYUNG, WAKE UP!"

The two of you sprung apart and looked up to see Chanyeol standing in the doorway.

You bit your lip as you tried to stop your face from turning red.

"What's going on?" Chanyeol asked, wide eyed.

"Nothing," Suho responded, getting up on his elbows to look at the younger boy. You saw that there was a faint blush on his cheeks and he was slightly out of breath.

A smirk slowly stretched across Chanyeol lips and his eyes narrowed mischievously, "Were you two -"

You flew your hands up to cover your face in embarrassment with the feeling of wanting to crawl under a rock and stay there forever.

"No! We weren't! Go away!" Suho yelled and dropped himself onto his back again.

"Well, D.O wanted me to tell you and Miyoung that breakfast was ready. But you two are both here so my job is done," he snickered.

"Miyoung's in there?!" you heard another voice ask from the hallway as Chanyeol left the room.

"Yeah, I never thought Hyung had it in him," Chanyeol laughed as he closed the door.

You rolled onto your stomach and buried your face into your pillow, "Oh my god, can I just die?"

Suho sat up and turned you onto your back, "You're going to suffocate if you do that," he scolded you.

You sat up as well and crossed your legs before burying your face in your hands.

"So embarrassing," you mumbled.

"Just ignore them," Suho shook his head, "They've always been like that."

Your snapped your head towards him, "You've had other girls in here?"

Suho's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly, "No! It's just that, Kris had a girlfriend before."

"'Had'?" you asked.

"Yeah, but that's not important," he quickly dismissed the subject and hopped off the bed before offering you a hand and pulling you off the bed.

"I'm going to go take a quick shower," he said as the two of you stepped into the hallway and you closed the door behind you, "You go ahead and get breakfast."

You nodded your head and walked towards the stairs. As you neared the kitchen, the sounds of talking and utensils clanking against ceramic plates met your ears.

You poked your head into the kitchen to see all of the Exo boys eating breakfast. A few of them sat on stools at the island while others were sitting at a small table against the wall of the kitchen or leaning against the counter.

D.O turned around from the stove and noticed you standing in the doorway.

"Oh, you're up," he said as he wiped his hands on a towel that was thrown over his shoulder.

"Yeah, she was up alright," Chanyeol said under his breath, causing Baekhyun to snicker.

The other boys looked at each other and shrugged when you pursed your lips and glared at them, only causing them to laugh harder.

"That's enough guys."

You turned around to see Kris entering the kitchen.

The two boys coughed and looked down in at their plates, afraid to get on Kris's bad side that early in the morning.

"Thanks," you said softly and gave Kris a small but grateful smile.

"Yeah, no problem," he nodded before walking over to grab a plate from the dish rack.

"Here, Miyoung, you can have my seat," Lay hopped off of a stool and picked up his plate, "I'm going to go for a run."

"Oh, I'll come with you," Chen said, jumping off of the stool next to him.

You climbed stool Lay just vacated and folded your hands on the counter.

"There you go," D.O said as placed a plate in front of you and handed you a fork and a knife.

"Thanks," you smiled as you looked down at the plate of eggs, bacon, and a stack of mini pancakes.

"It's really good," Sehun commented from his seat next to you, "Hyung's cooking is the best."

Taking his word for it, you cut your pancakes and dug in.

"Do you always cook for them?" you asked D.O as you stabbed a few pieces of your eggs.

"Not all the time, only every so often," you smiled at him when he handed you a glass of water.

The boys slowly started to leave the kitchen after finishing their food and placing their plates in the sink. In the end, only you, Kris, Sehun, and D.O were left.

"What were Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughing about?" Sehun asked you as finished the last of your food.

"Oh, um, I don't know," you lied, feeling your face start to flush again.

A small pout formed on his lips, "Hm, that's funny because they said something about Suho hyung finally becoming a man."

You looked up at Sehun in shock as D.O bursted out into laugher and Kris started choking on his food.

"What did you just say?" Kris asked Sehun after clearing anything that went down his windpipe.

"I don't know, that's what they said," Sehun mumbled.

"What did who say?" Suho asked as he walked into the kitchen and sat down in the stool Chen once sat in.

He was wearing a grey sweater with a pair of black jeans and his still slightly damp hair from his shower.  

No one said anything as D.O slid him a plate of food.

"Come guys, what did who say?" he asked again as he took bit onto a piece of bacon.

You let out a huff and turned towards him, "Apparently, according to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, you're man now," you said with a sarcastic smile and patted him on the shoulder.

He started coughing, much like Kris did, when it clicked in his head what you were saying.

"Wait, hold on a second," D.O held up a hand, "What happened?"

The three boys looked at the two of you curiously, waiting for an answer.

"Miyoung had a nightmare last night and she just slept in my room because she was scared," Suho explained, "But that's all we did. Sleep."

The boys nodded and took side glances at each other as they tried to repress their smiles.

"Okay, then," Kris shrugged and placed his plate in sink, "But anyways, Suho, you should go take Miyoung shopping. She doesn't have any clothes and we can't have her walking around in your old clothes all the time."

"Yeah, I washed your clothes from yesterday with mines last night," Sehun added, "They're hanging in your room for you."

Suho turned towards you, "Do you want to go?"

"I do," you started, "But I don't have any money."

"That's not a problem, Miyoung," Kris chuckled, "Trust me."

"Well, okay then," you smiled and carried your plate to the sink, "I'll go get ready. I'll be down in about ten minutes."

You nodded at the boys before leaving the kitchen and heading back up to the second floor. 

---

Ahhh, Baekyeol kekekeke Well, I don't have much to say about this chapter, but I hoped you all enjoyed my attempt at humor and until next time!

~Admin Kelc