Ten

The Fallen

 

The sun has already set by the time you and Suho returned to Homebase.

"I got it, I got it," Suho turned his body away from you as you grabbed at the bags in his hands.

"At least let me carry one," you insisted.

Suho sighed and handed you the smallest bag out of the bunch, the one that only contained socks and a pair of flats.

"There, now stop whining," he rolled his eyes as the two of you climbed the stairs up to the porch.

You skipped up the stairs and ran up to the door, clutching onto the bag's handles with both hands and throwing a wide smile over your shoulder at Suho.

As the two of you laughed at your childish behavior, you didn't notice a few pairs of eyes watching the two of you from the edge of the forest.

"Why don't we just take her now?" a Demon asked, "She's venerable and wouldn't expect a thing."

A second Demon nodded in agreement, "Yeah, we could easily take down the Guardian while you grab her. What do you think, Kang?"

Kang held up a hand to silence them and he kept his eyes on your figure as you and Suho entered the mansion.

"Patience, now's not the right time," he turned towards his two colleagues and smirked, "We'll have her soon."

---

You climbed down the stairs the next morning dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a white camisole under a light blue cardigan.

You stepped into the kitchen and, to your surprise, found it completely empty.

"Hm, that's odd," you said to yourself as you grabbed an apple out of the basket that sat in the center of the island.

You checked the dining room, laundry room, basement, library, and garage and couldn't find a Guardian.

You knitted your eyebrows together as you walked into the living room, tossing your apple core in a small waste basket by the doorway. Your eyes lit up when you looked out the glass door to see the boys sitting on the deck, looking out at the large field behind the house.

Some turned around in their seats while others continued to look straight ahead when you quietly slid the door opened and joined them outside.

You saw Suho and Kris standing about thirty feet away from each other with two flags behind them, Suho standing in front of a white flag and Kris in front of a black one.

"What are they doing?" you asked Chen as you sat beside him on one of the outdoor couches.

"Capture the flag," he said, not taking his eyes off of the two leaders, "This is one of the ways we train our powers."

"So they just have to get the other person's flag?"

"Well, it's not that simple," Chen chuckled, "They can use their powers and there are no rules. So they can pretty much do whatever they want to each other. Plus, the other members sitting here," he gestured to the nine boys around you, "Can use their powers as well to either help them, or sabotage them."

You nodded your head as you watched Lay stand up from his chair and walk onto the field, "So you touch their flag and you win?"

"Yup, that's exactly right," Chen nodded.

"Okay, guys," Lay yelled, "Try not to kill each other okay?"

The two boys rolled their eyes and shook their heads before setting their sights on the other's flag.

"On your marks, get set," Lay ran back up the steps and sat down next to Xiumin, "GO!"

Kris launched himself into the air, rising about 80 feet in less than two seconds, while Suho set his jaw and followed him with his eyes.

"Why isn't Suho doing anything?" you whispered to Chen.

"Just wait, this is how he plays. Kris uses power and it works most of the time, but Suho plays smart," Chen smirked, "He's nearly impossible to beat when it comes to this game."

Suddenly, Kris faced towards the ground and started flying straight for Suho's flag.

Just as he was about to grab it, a bolt of lightning zapped him, sending him flying across the field.

"Chen!" he looked angrily at the boy standing next to you.

All of the boys doubled over in laughter and Kai gave Chen a high five when they saw Kris's angry expression.

"Why did you do that?" you asked in horror.

"I told you," Chen said between fits of laughter, "We can use our powers too."

"Come on, Duizhang, get back up!" Tao yelled.

Seeing an opportunity, Suho started to sprint across the field for Kris's flag.

"Oh! My turn!" D.O snickered as he rubbed his palms together with an evil smile.

You gave him a questioning look but snapped your head up when you heard Suho let out a yell.

You jaw dropped when you saw him laying on the ground, his foot in a small crater.

Suho shot D.O a glare before getting back up. Seeing that Kris was getting over Chen's shock and getting up on his feet as well, Suho formed a ball of water and launched it at Kris with so much force it knocked him back at least ten feet.

A smile spread across Suho's face as he neared the flag. But just as he was going to take the black cloth into his hands, it suddenly flew into air, just out of his reach.

You heard small giggles coming from your side and looked at Luhan, who had his hand outstretched towards the flag. As he waved his hand from side to side, the flag mimicked his movements in the air.

Suho turned around and gave a dark glare at the doe eyed boy. And before he knew it, Suho sent another orb of water flying into his face.

"OW!" the now soaked Luhan yelled as he dropped his hand and the flag.

"Ha!" Suho smiled and grabbed onto the black flag as it floated back down to the ground.

You clapped with the rest of the boys as Suho raised the flag up in the air with a bright smile.

"And the champion stays the champion," he jumped onto the deck and gave a series of bows to the group of spectators.

"Well played Suho," Kris patted him on the shoulder, "But I will beat you one day."

"And I will be waiting for that day," Suho gave the taller boy a cheeky smile.

"Who's up next?" Baekhyun asked.

Lay picked up a clipboard that was on the ground next to his feet and ran his finger down the list, "Chanyeol and Chen!"

The two boys jumped up from their chairs and Chanyeol grabbed the flag from Suho's hand before running onto the field.

"Good job Kris," you smiled as he sat down on the steps in front of you, "You looked really cool when you were flying."

He looked over his shoulder in appreciation, "Thanks, Miyoung."

"Did you think I looked cool?" Suho asked you quietly as he sat down next to you.

You gave him a sweet smile and nodded your head, "Yeah, you looked really cool too."

You giggled when Suho tried to hide his own smile by turning towards Chen and Chanyeol.

"Ugh, gross," Sehun whispered to himself, louder than he meant to.

"Hey!" Suho leaned forwards and looked at the maknae, an orb of water already formed in his hand, "Do you want one of these to your face too?"

"If you're going to throw it at him, please let me move first," Luhan huffed as he flipped his wet bangs out of his eyes.

Suho drew his arm back and threw the ball of water. But instead of hitting Sehun, it flew past him and smacked Chanyeol in the back of his head.

"Hey!" Chanyeol yelled and stomped his foot on the ground, "We didn't even start yet!"

"That was for walking into my room without knocking!" Suho called back with a smirk as you clutched your stomach and laughed along with the other members. 

---

Well, next time came sooner than you all thought huh? Well Happy Friday! My lovelies readers get a double update! I actually have already written Chapter 11 too, but I think I'll post it tomorrow :) Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc