Three

The Fallen

 

 

"I'm Kim Joonmyun, but you can call me Suho."

The smile that he gave you caught you off guard and caused your eyes to slightly glaze over. Suho gave you a confused look when you just stared back at him blankly but let out a soft chuckle when he realized you were somewhat affected by his smile.

"I-I'm Miyoung," you stuttered quickly, coming back to your senses, "Hwang … Miyoung," you whispered, your cheeks starting to blush in embarrassment.

He laughed lightly and tipped his head towards you, a small grin on his lips, "Well, it's nice to meet you, Miyoung."

---

Kang slammed his hands down on his desk and stood up from his chair, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'SHE GOT AWAY'?!"

The group of Demons flinched in their spots but tried to stand as still as possible and stay in their straight, shoulder-to-shoulder row.

Kang let out a frustrated huff and slowly walked around his desk, grabbing a metal fire poker from its rack near the fireplace.

"I asked a question," he said nonchalantly as he strolled in front of the line of Demons and twirled the metal bar in his hand.

The Demons stayed quiet, taking side glances at each other and hoping one of them would say something before he killed them all.

Every time Kang would walk in front of a Demon, it would lower its head and shift its eyes to the floor, making sure not to make eye contact with Overlord.

Kang scuffed his feet as he continued to walk along the line of Demons. All of the creatures quickly looked up when he suddenly stopped in front of a Demon that was visibly shaking in fear.

"You," Kang said to the Demon that he was standing in front of.

"Y-Yes?" it replied, slowly lifting it head to meet his gaze.

The others held their breaths when Kang swiftly lifted the fire poker and placed the pointed end of the metal stick to the middle of the Demon's forehead.

"I asked a question," he repeated, "Would you like to answer it for me?"

The Demon started to lean back as Kang slightly pushed the fire poker forward.

"She, she ran into the forest and hid. And when we got close to catching her, the s-sun was about to rise," the Demon stuttered, its eyes on the weapon being held to its head, "A-And there a Guardian with her."

Kang abruptly lowered the fire poker and soft sighs of relief were heard from the other Demons.

"A Guardian?" he asked as he took a step backwards and looked down at the floor, his eyebrows furrowed.

The Demon being questioned nodded its head, "Yeah, the water one."

The line of Demons started at their Overlord in shock when he broke out into laughter.

"Suho, that sly dog," he shook his head and turned away from his minions.

He threw the fire poker to the side and crossed his arms over his chest, staring up at the wall of monitors behind his desk that displayed dozens of video feeds. His lips curled into a smirk when two figures walked into the field of view of the camera connected to the bottom left corner monitor.  

"Don't worry," he threw over his shoulders as his eyes focused on the screen with an evil glint, "We'll get her."

---

"So, now will you tell me where we're going?" you asked for the fifth time since the two of you started walking.

"I already told you, we're going somewhere safe," he teased.

"I hope you know that I really want to punch you right now," your voice was laced with frustration as you held up one of your fists.

"Okay, okay," Suho laughed, not intimidated at all by your threat, "It's called Homebase."

"Homebase? Sounds like a hub for a bunch of secret agents," you tilted your head to the side and imagined an underground building that used fingerprint identification to unlock the door and was only lit by computer screens and bluish LED lights on the floor.

 "Trust me, it's not," he leaped over a giant root that stood at a height around your mid thigh, "It's actually has a somewhat of a cozy feel. Or at least, I think it does."

"So, no hologram computers?" you smiled as you took Suho's hand and he helped you over the root.

He released your hand and shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe a few."

"What?" you asked with a confused expression on your face.

"Well, we're here," he pointed to something in front of the both of you.

You looked up and your eyes turned into the size of saucers.

"That's not cozy!" you exclaimed.

The two of you stepped into a clearing in the forest and walked towards a mansion that could easily house a family of thirty, plus their ten dogs.  

"'Cozy' is a small cottage in the forest," you continued as you followed Suho up the stairs that led to the porch, "not a giant mansion in the forest!"

"If you recall, I said that's what thought about the house," he reminded you as he stepped onto the doormat and slid open the cover to the keypad above the door.

"Right," you mumbled as you climbed the last step and softly ran your hand over a marble column that framed the porch as you walked by.

You stood behind Suho as he punched in a four digit code and unlocked the door. After closing the cover, he swung the door open and held it open for you.

"Welcome," he smiled as you stepped inside.

Your jaw dropped and you looked around at the mansion's foyer. You thought the outside was pretty impressive, but the inside was just plain crazy.

The floor beneath your shoes was marble and you could see that it continued throughout the house. In front of you, there were two sets of staircases that led up to the second floor, curving to meet each other in a horseshoe shape. The walls around you were a crisp, clean white. And a black iron chandelier hung from the ceiling above your head.

To put it simply, Homebase was beautiful.

"So what do you think?" Suho moved to stand next to you.

"It's amazing," you whispered, as you continued to peer into other rooms that branched off from the main foyer, "You live here by yourself?"

"Oh, of course not!" Suho snorted, "I live here with my brothers."

"How many brothers do you have? Twenty?" you asked, sarcasm laced in your voice.

Suho laughed softly and shook his head, "Eleven, actually."

You opened your mouth to ask him if he was being serious but another voice echoed throughout the foyer.

"Hyung! Where were you?"

You turned away from Suho to see a tall boy with longish brown hair walking down the hall, a bag of chips in his hand. When his eyes met yours, he froze mid step and his big eyes widened, the bag dropping to the ground and a few chips dirtying the once spotless marble floor.

"KRIS!" he yelled with an uneasy look on his face, his eyes never leaving yours. 

---

Double update for today! Barely, since it's 11:45 PM here in Hawaii, but still. So can you guys guess who the chip boy was? I think it's a little obvious but let me know who you think it is anyways!! I'm kinda on a roll so I'm going to be finishing up the next chapter tonight and probably post it tomorrow night sometime. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and until then!

~Admin Kelc