Four

The Fallen

 

You flinched backwards a little when the boy's loud voice bounced off the walls and echoed throughout the mansion.

"Who's Kris?" you whispered to no one in particular.

"Chanyeol, calm down," Suho hushed the boy, not hearing your question.

"What's going on?" two more boys, one doe eyed and other with a cute but unamused face, walked down the hall, coming from the same direction as the Chanyeol boy.

Chanyeol wordlessly pointed at you and the two other boys' jaws dropped in shock when their eyes landed on you, the doe eyed boy almost dropping his glass of what looked like orange juice.

Soon, more boys started to trickle into the foyer, all of them having the same reaction as the first three boys when they saw you.

"Suho…" you looked up at him in confusion and hoped he would explain to you why everyone got shocked when they looked at you.

But your attention was pulled away from Suho when your heard a popping sound.

"Ah!" you yelped and staggered back when you turned your head forward to see a tanned skin boy standing directly in front of you.

"Yah! Kai! Don't do that!" Suho scolded the boy who appeared out of thin air.

"What is she doing here?" Kai asked quietly, as you tried to restart your heart.

"Yeah, hyung, what's going on?" a smaller boy with large, round eyes piped up.

Voices quickly filled the foyer as all the boys started flying questions at Suho.

"Guys, I'll explain everything if you just let me," Suho started, but was interrupted by more and more questions.

As the boys continued to argue and question Suho, you silently started counting the number of bodies in the foyer.

'There's only ten,' you bit your lip as you recounted the boys, 'Suho said he had eleven brothers. And by the looks of it, they are for sure not related by blood.'

"What's with all the noise?"

All eleven boys went completely silent in an instant and craned their necks up towards the source of the voice.

Following their lines of sight, your eyes traveled up and your mouth slightly opened when you saw the missing eleventh "brother" leaning against the railing of at the top of the stairs.

He had dirty blonde hair and looks that could rival any male model. He also had this aura of authority around him, so it was no wonder all of the boys stopped talking the second they heard his voice. From your angle, he seemed ridiculously tall. After swinging his legs over the railing and floating down to the stand in the middle of the foyer, you found out you were right.

He flipped his bangs out of his eyes when his feet touched the floor before slowly walking up to you.

You took a small step towards Suho, a little intimidated, but relaxed a bit when he lightly placed a hand on the small of your back.

The blonde stopped about a foot away from you and Suho and looked between the two of you with unreadable eyes. He looked down at you and, to your, surprise gave you a small, gentle smile.

"I'm Kris," he introduced himself.

---

"Here you go," Suho said softly as he handed you a glass of water and Kris placed a bowl cut fruits in front of you before sitting down, Suho in the chair next to yours and Kris in the chair across the table.

You whispered him a thank you before quickly chugging down half of the water at one time. You stabbed a piece of cantaloupe with your fork and shoved it into your mouth. Although you weren't surprised at your thirst, you did shock yourself with how hungry you were.

You were sitting with the other boys in their dining room. The table had seats enough for twenty even though there were only twelve of them, but you didn't bother questioning it.

You looked around the table and tried to name each boy in your head. The other ten had introduced themselves to you when Kris and Suho went into the kitchen to get you something to drink and eat and discuss something in private, meaning they were probably talking about you.

'Okay, Luhan is the doe eyed boy and Sehun is the one with the unamused face but has a cute eye smile. Chanyeol is the tall boy that yelled when he first saw me and D.O is the small one with the big eyes,' you narrowed your eyes in concentration as you chewed on a grape and continued around the table, 'Baekhyun is the one that always looks happy and Kai is the one that scared me so bad that he almost killed me. Xiumin is the one with the baby face while Chen is the one with the mature face. Lay is the thin, quiet one and Tao is the one with the dark eye bags and kind of resembles a panda.'

You nodded to yourself with a hint of pride and didn't even bother reviewing who Suho and Kris were, though you did learn that they were two leaders of their group according to Chanyeol.

"So, it's later," Suho broke the silence.

"Huh?" you turned towards him.

"I'll answer all of your questions now," he smiled and then looked at the other boys, "Actually, we'll answer all of your questions."

The other boys sat up straight in their chairs and focused their attention on you.

"Ummm, a Demon said that Suho was a Guardian," you glanced around the table at the twelve pairs of eyes that were staring back at you, "Does that mean that you guys are Guardians too?"

"Yup!" Sehun answered quickly with nod.

The other boys chuckled as the boy's simple yet accurate answer.

"Our youngest is so cute," D.O cooed, as he reached over the table and patted Sehun on the head.

You gave Sehun a smile and popped a strawberry in your mouth before asking another question, "What exactly are Guardians?"

"Oh! I'll answer this one!" Xiumin raised his hand before clearing his throat, "Guardians are protectors who use their supernatural powers, for example, mine's is frost, to protect Humans and Angels from Demons."

"Guardians can also travel between all of the worlds," Chen added, "So in addition to the Human world, we can travel to the worlds above and below as well."

"We're basically kick Demon hunters," Tao finished with a smirk as he swiped an apple out of your bowl.  

"Wait, Xiumin, you said something about Angels," you tilted your head the side.

"Yeah, Angels," Kris spoke up and clasped his hands on the table, "If have good intentions in life and try to live honestly, an Angel will take you to the afterlife above when you pass away. If you have evil intentions, she will send you to the afterlife below."

You nodded your head as you took in his words, "Then how do you become a Guardian?"

The boys fell silent and took glances at each other, wordlessly trying to figure out who was going to answer you.

"You have to die," Kai said bluntly.

"Oh," you choked out and shifted your eyes down to the half eaten bowl of fruit, suddenly not feeling hungry anymore.

"But it wasn't our time to die yet," Suho said quickly.

"The Angels somehow know when every person on this planet is supposed to die," Luhan shrugged his shoulders, "We still don't understand how they do it."

"We died before we were supposed to," Suho continued, "So we were each given the option to either pass peacefully, or become a Guardian."

"And you all chose to be Guardians?" you asked in amazement, looking at the twelve boys sitting around the table.

"Of course!" Chanyeol smiled, "We get superpowers!" He opened his hand and a small flame of fire hovered over his palm before quickly going out, leaving a wisp of smoke behind.

"And we protect people," Lay said quietly with a small grin.

You returned his grin and nodded your head, letting all the information sink in.

"Now that you know everything about us, can you tell us a little bit about yourself, Miyoung?" Baekhyun asked with an eye smile.

"Well, apart from my name," you bit your lip and looked down at the table, "I actually don't remember anything before waking up on the beach."

---

By far the longest chapter so far, but oh so necessary in the story. I hope I didn't overload you guys with information. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to clear it up! But I might now answer all questions because the answers are probably going to be revealed later in the story. But, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and until next time!

~Admin Kelc