Twenty-Six

The Fallen

 

You slowly turned around and squinted your eyes as you tried to make out the details of the figure that was coming towards you.

"Miyoung!"

You let out a relieved sigh when you recognized the voice.

"Suho!" you beamed and your lips formed into a small smile when he squatted in front of you.

He didn't say another word and immediately started undoing the complicated straps that held one of your ankles to the chair you were sitting on.  

You heard someone else enter the room and turned around to see Kris quickly making his way towards you as well.

"We finally found you," Kris breathed as he started working on the strap around your other ankle.

You felt blood rush down to your left foot as Suho finished undoing the strap and tossed it to the side.

"Are you okay?" he glanced up at you with concern in his eyes as he started on the band around your wrist.

You nodded your head as Kris freed your other ankle and stood up.

"You think you got this covered?" he asked Suho.

Suho pulled the strap around your wrist off with ease, "Yeah, where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go hunt down Kang," Kris muttered.

You saw his eyes turn dark before he walked towards the door.

"Okay, just don't do anything stupid," Suho called after him.

"I won't," Kris waved a hand before shutting the door behind him.

A blanket of silence fell over the room as you watched Suho nimbly undo the various buckles and clasps on the last strap.

When he finally removed it, you launched yourself off of the chair and into his arms, almost knocking him backwards.

You ignored the wave of dizziness that hit you from your sudden movements and wrapped your arms tightly around his neck, burying your face into his shoulder.

Suho closed his eyes and let out a sigh as he wrapped an arm around your waist and lightly placed his other hand on the back of your head.

He pressed his lips against your temple and finally felt himself relax a bit, knowing that you were safe and relatively unharmed.

Although you both wished that you could stay like that forever, Suho slowly pulled away and cupped your face with both of his hands.

He noticed the dark bags under your eyes that you were forcing to keep open and how pale you were.

"How much blood did they take from you?" he frowned, gently one of the dark circles with his thumb.

"At least five syringes full," you said softly, leaning into his palm.

Concern washed over his features as his eyes dropped down to your arm.

"That's not good. That amount of blood could probably give Kang a few decades of immortality," his eyes traced over the trails of dried blood starting from the inside of your elbow, "And look what they did to your arm."

He continued to stare at your wounds for a while before his eye suddenly lit up.

"Stay here okay?" Suho sat you on the chair again before jogging towards the door.

"Where are you going?" you called after him.

"I'll be right back! I promise!" he called from the hallway before he closed the door, leaving you alone in the room once again.

You puffed your cheeks and looked at the plate of food that was sitting, untouched, on the table beside you.

You picked up a roll of bread and broke a piece off. You chewed the piece of bread slowly and felt a little less sick after swallowing. You continued to fill your stomach with different bits of food that were on the plate.

The door opened as you were chewing on some rice and you turned around to see Suho walking towards you, a backpack in each of his hands. He placed the bags on the ground before hooking one arm under your knees and the other around your waist.

You didn't complain as he gently lifted you into the air and just wrapped your arms around his neck.  Suho walked over to the desk at the front of the room and sat you down on the wooden top, your body facing the black leather chair and your back to the door.

You eyed him curiously as he walked around the desk, grabbed the two bags, and returned to his spot in front of you.

"Where did you get those?" you asked as he opened the first one.

"Aha!" he smiled triumphantly and pulled out a first aid kit.

He placed the box on the desk next to you and took out a few packets of disinfectant wipes.

"Kris and I killed a couple of Demons before we came here," he said as he tore open the packaging for one of the wipes, "They were probably trying to escape and had these bags with them."

Suho gently took your arm in one hand, "This is going to sting a little," he warned before pressing the wipe to your arms.

Your breath hitched and you squeezed your eyes shut, trying to hold in the pain.

Suho bit his lip and tried to clean your wounds as fast as he could, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

You shook your head with your eyes still closed, "It's okay," you somehow managed to choke out.

"There," Suho announced when he wiped off the last of the dried blood from your arm.

You opened one eye and relaxed when he gently blew cold are onto your arm before throwing the cloth into a trashcan. Suho turned around and dug through the backpack again. He pulled out a bottle of water and twisted the cap off before handing it to you.

"You must be thirsty," he said as he pulled out a roll of gauze and medical tape.

You brought the lip of the bottle to your mouth and took a long sip. You didn't realize how thirsty you were until you lowered the bottle and saw that it was already half empty.

"Or really thirsty," he chuckled as he pressed a few layers of gauze to your inner elbow.

You watched in silence as Suho expertly wrapped your elbow, as if he was a veteran doctor or sports trainer.

"I'm really sorry that you have to go through all of this," he said softly as he wrapped the sticky medical tape around your arm to hold the gauze in place.

"It's not your fault that these Demons want my blood," you shook your head with a chuckle.

Suho gave you a sheepish smile as he ripped the tape and patted down the excess before throwing the roll back into the kit and closing the box, "There, all fixed."

You smiled and bent and straightened your elbow a few times, getting used to the feeling of the tape being wrapped around your arm.

Suho leaned forward and placed his palms flat on the desk on either side of your thighs.

"You're looking better," he tilted his head to the side and examined your features, "Your face has a bit more color now."

"Yeah, I ate some of the food that Kang brought me."

"He brought you food?" he raised an eyebrow.

You nodded, "He said that, and I quote, 'We can't have her passing out on us, then we'd actually have to take care of her'," you scoffed and rolled your eyes, "Ugh, whatever."

Suho clenched his jaw when he heard of the way that Kang was talking about you and treating you.

You noticed Suho tense up before reaching up to give him a squeeze on his shoulder, "It's okay. I'm fine now," you gave him a reassuring smile.

 Suho sighed before pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"I just don't understand how you can let things go so easily," he shook head before grabbing you by the waist and lifting you off the desk, placing you back on your feet.

"But we should get going," Suho nodded his head towards the door, "I don't know how long it will be before Kang comes back here to check up on you."

You nodded your head and slipped your hand into his before the both of you left the room. 

---

Another update, Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had a couple tennis matches and then was working on HOSA all day (Shout out to my partners! Yay for first place!) But  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

~Admin Kelc