Twenty-Seven

The Fallen

You and Suho ran down the maze of hallways as you both made your way towards the front entrance of Kang’s lair.

“We’re almost there,” Suho told you as the two of you turned down another hallway, “I’ll get Kai to take you back to Homebase when we reach the others.”

You nodded your head and pushed your legs to run faster, wanting to get back to the warm mansion as quickly as possible.

“Turn left,” Suho instructed as the two of you approached the end of another hall.

You quickly rounded the corner and collided with another body.

You stumbled back and would have been knocked off your feet if Suho hadn’t been behind you.

You looked up in fear, thinking that it was another Demon you ran into, but sighed in relief when you saw Lay standing in front of you with Xiumin and D.O right behind him.

“Are you okay?” he asked with concern.

“I’m fine,” you gave the healer a small smile.

“Where are you guys going?” Suho furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Up to the rooftop,” D.O said quickly, “Kris is up there.”

“With Kang,” Xiumin added in a low voice.

Your eyes widened and you turned to Suho to see his jaw clenched.

“We’ll come with you,” you replied instantly.

“No, we won't,” Suho shook his head, “We need to get you back to Homebase where it’s safe,” he looked up to the three boys, “Where’s Kai?”

“He’s already up on the roof,” D.O answered, “He was the one that told us that Kris was up there. He’s trying to make sure that Kang doesn’t try anything stupid and Kris doesn’t do anything he’ll regret. The rest of the members are up there too.”

“See! Now we have to go!” you grabbed onto Suho’s arm and tried to pull him down the hallway but he didn’t even budge.

“You guys go ahead,” Suho told the other boys, “I just need to figure some things out first.”

Lay nodded, “Okay, but hurry.”

You tried to run after them but Suho grabbed onto your wrist and pulled up back to his side.

“What are you doing?!” you exclaimed as you tried to pry his hand from around your wrist.

“Wait Miyoung, let me think,” he mumbled as he stared down at the floor.

“Think about what?!” you yelled and continued to struggle against his hold.

“Miyoung -” he started and shut his eyes as he tried to focus.

“Kris could be in danger!” you cut him off.

“Miyoung, you don’t understand. I’m trying to think of a plan,” he said between clenched teeth, his irritation starting to show in his voice, "Just wait for a second."

You ignored him and continued your attempts of removing his hand from your wrist. You didn’t know how long it would be before Kris or any of the other members got hurt and you wanted to make sure that you were there to at least try to help them if they did.

“A plan for what?! Why are we just standing here?!”

“WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR A SECOND?!” he exploded.

You stopped your squirming and stared at Suho in shock. You had never seen Suho raise his voice at anyone, much less you, and seeing this side of him was terrifying.

Guilt washed over Suho’s face when he saw fear in your eyes. He never meant to yell at you, but everything was going horribly wrong. First you get kidnapped, then you get kidnapped again and to top it all off, Demons used you as their personal immortality bank. He just wanted you safe and unharmed. But as of that moment, you were neither of those. All of his pent up frustration and guilt got to him and it just slipped out.

“Sorry,” you mumbled softly as you slowly pulled your wrist out of his hand and dropped your eyes to the floor.

“Miyoung,” he sighed, “I’m sorry I-”

“No, it’s fine!” you faked a smile and shook your head, “I was just being annoying again.”

“It’s not like that!" he quickly shook his head and took a step towards you.

But you took a step backwards and leaned against a wall with your hands tucked behind your back, “Go ahead, sorry for interrupting you.”

"Miyoung, I was just,” Suho let out a sigh and bowed his head, “I just want to make sure you stay alive. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you.”

You could feel your heart clench when looked up at the boy standing in front of you. Suho was normally so brave and courageous, like nothing in the world could scare him. But in his eyes, you could see fear and hesitation. It was as if one wrong move he made would mean the end of the world.

“Suho, you don’t have to worry about me,” you placed a hand gently on his arm, “I’m an Angel, I hear that we’re pretty tough.”

Suho refused to look at you but you still managed to see an unsure expression painted on his face.

“I’m serious! And plus, I have you to protect me,” you smiled, “So can you please just give me a smile?” you asked as you dipped your head, forcing him to look at you, “Please? It’s so weird seeing you all sad and mopey.”

A small grin appeared on Suho’s face and he rolled his eyes as you continued to try and get him to smile.

“There it is!” you beamed.

The two of you somehow managed to share a laugh despite everything that was going on. A minute ago, the two of you were yelling at each other but now, it was as if nothing had even happened. Maybe that was just true love.

“Okay. Let’s go,” Suho sighed and started to lead you back down the hallway, “I still can’t believe Kris is doing this even after I told him not to do anything stupid.”

“Wait, you’re actually going to let me go up there?” you asked as the two of you made your way towards the stairs that went up to the rooftop.

“Yes," Suho sighed reluctantly, "But you need to be by my side the whole time, okay?”

You nodded your head and followed him up the stairs.

Suho opened the door at the top of the stair and a gust of wind hit both of your faces.

“Stay behind me,” Suho ordered in a low voice as the two of you walked out into the cold night air.

You peeked over Suho’s shoulder and saw all off the Exo boys standing around the perimeter of the flat, cement rooftop, guarded expressions on each of their faces. In the middle, you saw Kang and Kris standing across of each other, a few meters apart and staring at each other with intensity in their eyes.

Kang broke their eye contact and looked at the two of you as you approached the rest of the boys.

“Well, look who it is,” he gave you both a taunting smile, “Wow, Joonmyun, I’m impressed! I didn’t expect you to find her that quickly.”

“Don’t call me that,” Suho growled and clenched his fists.

Suho blocked your body with his and all the boys tensed when Kang took a few steps towards you.

“Be careful of what you’re doing Guardian,” Kang warned Luhan when he saw, out of the corner of his eye, the telekinetic lift his arm to send the Demon flying over the edge of the roof top, “I still have all of the Angel’s blood that I collected earlier. Kill me and the Demons downstairs will have free range to use it.”

Luhan bit his lip and exhaled through his nose as he slowly lowered his arm back to his side. The rest of boys kept their eyes set on Kang as he continued to advance towards you.

“How are you feeling Miyoung?” he asked with concern that was almost believable, “That was a lot of blood that I took from you earlier.”

“Like you care,” you scoffed as you narrowed your eyes at him and clutched onto the back of Suho’s shirt to keep your composure.  

“Sassy,” he smirked and looked up at Suho, “You got yourself a keeper. I really recommend you protect her well.”

Suho could feel his anger starting to bubble and it took all of his control to not jump him right there, “You don’t need to tell me that,” he said stiffly as he clenched his fists.

"Awww, the Guardian protecting his Angel love," Kang cooed and looked around at the other boys, "Isn't that just adorable?"

They didn't show any emotion and clenched their jaws, preparing themselves to attack the Demon at their leaders' word.

"No one agrees? Well I think it's cute," he chuckled before looking at you again, "Miyoung, you don't know how lucky you are to have a guy who is so willing to sacrifice himself for you and protect you with his life. You know, a boyfriend who would always be there for you especially when you're in danger?"

You saw a knowing glint in his eye and your eyes widened when you realized what, or really who, Kang was talking about.

Hyerim.

"Kang, stop," you warned him as you tried to step towards him, only to have Suho pull you back behind him.

You took a glance over his shoulder at Kris, who was visibly shaking in his spot, anger taking over his body.

"Oh, you know what I just realized?" Kang continued and titled his head to the side, "Each leader of Exo has an Angel girlfriend," he paused and turned around to face Kris, "Or well, at least one still does," he said with a smirk.

Flames of rage erupted in Kris's eyes and he launched himself into the air.

"Kris! Think about what you're doing!" Chanyeol yelled up at him.

"Yeah Kris, come back down!" Chen added.

The boys watched nervously as their leader ignored their pleas, his hearing deafened and his vision blinded by fury. In a split second, Kris started to race towards Kang, his arms stretched out and his hands aimed for the Demons neck.

You held your breath as Kris rapidly got closer and closer to Kang, who didn't even make a move to get out of the way or defend himself.

The other boys flinched, ready to help out their leader, when Kris tackled Kang to the ground.

But everyone watched in confusion when instead of trying to hurt or kill him, Kris froze with his hands still wrapped around Kang's neck, Kang sending him an evil smirk as his eyes widened in horror.

Kris slowly looked down and saw Kang's hand tightly wrapped around the hilt of a dagger that was stabbed into his chest. 

---

It has been a while hasn't it? I'm so sorry for not updating in a while! But here it is! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc