Thirty-Three

The Fallen

 

Suho pulled a chair closer to your bed and sat down, placing his elbows on the armrests.

"Go right ahead," Suho nodded, "Ask me whatever you want."

"Why am I here?" you started off, cutting right to the chase.

Suho tilted his head to the side and gave you a confused look, "You were in a coma?"

"I know that," you rolled your eyes, "I meant how was I sent into a coma in the first place?"

"You really don't know?" Suho raised his eyebrows, "You don't have any memories of what happened?"

"Well, I remember a whole bunch of stuff that happened to me," you mumbled, "But apparently I was in a coma and it was all a dream."

"So I was in this dream that you had while you were unconscious?" he asked, leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees.

"Yeah, you- wait a minute," you shot him a sharp look, "Aren't you the one that's supposed to be answering the questions?"

"Aw come on!" Suho laughed, "Just tell me about this dream and I'll let you know what really happened. I'm really curious."

'Don't give in, Miyoung,' you chanted in your head, 'Stand your ground. Don’t let him woo you into giving him what he wants.'

You made the mistake of glancing at the boy sitting next to you. You instantly felt your walls start to break down when you saw him looking back at you with innocent eyes.

"Please?" he asked as he bit his lip.

"Fine," you sighed in defeat, "Where do you want me to start?"

"From the beginning," he gave you a small smile.

---

"And then when I opened my eyes, I was laying in here," you finished with a nod.

You played with your fingers as you waited patiently for Suho to let everything sink in. After telling him everything that remembered, from the Demons hunting you to the rest of the Exo boys having super powers, you realized that it all did kind of sound like a dream.

"Wow," Suho breathed before leaning back in his chair, "That's … something."

"Tell me about it," you pursed your lips and stared down at your blanket.

"So, that's how you knew my nickname was Suho?" he asked.

You nodded your head silently.

Suho watched you with curiosity as you absentmindedly played with the edge of your blanket.

"I know you didn't say this," he said suddenly, "But were we a couple in this alternate universe of yours?"

You tensed after hearing his question. You left out the whole romance thing between the two of you on purpose to save yourself from the embarrassment.

"W-Why would you say that?" you stuttered, your face starting to heat up.

Suho shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. I mean, it seemed like I was very protective of you and that I cared for you a little more than the others did."

You didn't say anything as you bit the inside of your lip and clutched onto your blanket.

"Were we really a couple?" Suho asked again and tilted his head to side.

You closed your eyes and gave him a small nod.

Suho's eyes widened and his jaw dropped a little, "Really?"

You nodded again, your cheeks most likely tinted bright red. You didn't think you could get any more embarrassed until Suho started laughing.

"Wait, are you serious?" he said between fits of laughter, "That's crazy!"

You forced a smile before you bowed your head towards your lap.

Suho's laughter calmed when he noticed the atmosphere of the room start to dim. He knitted his eyebrows together, confused by your sudden change in behavior.

"Is us being a couple really that ridiculous?" you mumbled.

Suho shot up in his chair, "I didn't mean it like that," he quickly shook his head, "I just..."

He scratched the back of his head as he tried to put his thoughts into coherent sentences, "I would be really lucky to be with a girl like you."

"But you don't even know me," you whispered, even though it pained you to say those words.

"Right," Suho's posture slouched a little as he dropped his eyes to the floor.

An awkward silence filled the room.

'So this is what it was like for Suho when I didn't remember him,' you thought, your heart clenching in your chest, 'When I didn't remember everything that we went through prior to waking up on the beach.'

Suho abruptly stood up from his chair and haphazardly fixed his white coat.

"I should go, you need rest," he said softly before turning to leave the room.

"Wait!" you latched onto his wrist.

Suho looked back at you over his shoulder and you could see confusion and guilt written across his face.

Your grip around his wrist loosened but you didn't let go.

"You still didn't tell me why or how I went into a coma," you looked up at him with lost eyes.

"You still want to know?" he asked.

You nodded your head, "If you're still willing to tell me."

You smiled when Suho let out a long sigh and sat down again. The light atmosphere in the room was starting to return.

"I'm just going to warn you now," he said as he clasped his hands together, "It's a very, very long story."

You shifted into a more comfortable position and placed your folded hands on your lap, "I've got all day."

Suho chuckled and shook his head, "Well, it starts off on a boat, a yacht to be more exact." 

---

Sorry for not updating in the past couple of days! But on the plus side, I just finished writing the rest of the story :D All there is left to is proofread and I can post up the remaining chapters! I'm gust going to let you all know now that the next chapter is a flashback chapter. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~Admin Kelc