Twenty-Five

The Fallen

 

Suho breathed heavily as he stabbed a Demon and watched it burst into a cloud of smoke before looking around at the others as they fought against other Demons. Although they were killing them fairly easily, he could tell that this was only the beginning.

Feeling a presence behind him, Suho whipped around, quickly forming another spike in his hand, and stabbed a Demon that tried to sneak up on him. When it disappeared, he saw another group of Demons rushing down the stairs towards the twelve of them, weapons in their hands.  

Suho pushed past a few of the boys and Demons and rushed towards Kris.

“I’m going to go find Miyoung,” he said quickly as Kris kicked a Demon to the ground and stabbed it’s forehead with a dagger.

Just as Suho was about to turn away, Kris grabbed him by the shoulder, “You can’t go alone. If Kang catches you, you’re dead.”

“But I need to find her,” Suho shook off Kris’s arm and started running towards the stairs, only to be stopped by Kris grabbing his arm again.

“Suho,” Kris started.

“You guys can go,” Luhan called from nearby as he lifted two Demons into the air and slammed them against a nearby wall, sending them into unconsciousness for Sehun to kill.

The two leaders hesitated a little.

"Just go!" Luhan rolled his eyes, "We got this covered."

Suho and Kris looked at each other before Suho turned his back to Luhan and the others.

"Let's go," he quipped before the both of them ran towards the staircase.

---

"Left or right?" Kris asked as they came to another hallway that branched off in two directions.

"Left," Suho decided quickly and pointed down the hall.

They twisted each knob of the dozens of different doors that lined the walls as they passed, but found each room either boarded up or empty.

Suho yelled in frustration when he opened the last door in the hall and found it empty, both of them finding themselves at another dead end.

"We're never going to find her!" he punched the door he just opened and leaned against it, "We've already checked at least a hundred different rooms already."

"Don't worry, I think we're getting close," Kris said as he leaned against the door opposite of Suho's, "We haven't been seeing any bedrooms recently and the most of the rooms up here are empty. We're probably just checking the wrong side of the building."

Suho let out an exhausted sigh and ran a hand through his hair. All he wanted was to have you safe and in his arms again.

"Okay, come on," Kris said, standing up straight, "Let's try the other end of this hall."

Suho took a deep breath before falling into step with his fellow leader.

They briskly walked down the hall but stopped in their tracks when they looked down the hallway they just came from and saw two Demons walking their way.

Kris raised an eyebrow to Suho when they both noticed bags slung over the Demons backs and how they were looking behind them, as if they were checking to make sure no one was following them.

Suho cleared his throat loudly and crossed his arms over his chest, "Trying to escape?"

The Demons quickly whipped around at froze in their spots, their eyes widening with fear when they saw the two Guardians standing before them.

They shuffled back a little and turned to run in the opposite direction but skidded to a stop when Kris quickly flew over their heads and landed right in front of them, his dagger already out of its sheath.

"Where is she?" Suho said in a low voice as he formed a water spike in his hand.

The two Demons stayed quiet as Suho and Kris backed them up against a wall. They each pressed an arm against a Demon's throat and placed their weapons to their foreheads. It was interesting how Suho and Kris appeared to be the bad guys in the situation.

"I'm only going to repeat myself one more time," Suho said through clenched teeth as he started to lose his patience, "Where is Miyoung?"

"The Angel?" the Demon in front of Kris asked unamused.

"Yes, the Angel. The one that you guys abducted," Kris answered and pressed down harder against the Demon's throat, "Now where is she?"

The Demon looked back at Kris straight in his eyes, "We don't know," it said plainly, but Kris and Suho knew that it was lying.

"Wrong answer," Kris mumbled and shoved the dagger forward into the Demon's third eye.

The Demon in front of Suho watched in horror as its companion screamed in pain before bursting into a cloud of dust and smoke.

Everything fell silent for a few moments before the two Guardians turned their attention to the lone Demon.

"You want to tell us where Miyoung is?" Suho asked the Demon that was now shaking under his hold.

"S-she's in Kang's office," it confessed quickly after Suho pressed the tip of the spike down on its forehead, "J-just go down t-the hall and it's on the right."

Suho sent Kris a look which the latter returned with a nod.

"Thank you," Suho nodded, "But, you know, I still have to kill you."

The Demon didn't say anything, but nodded and closed its eyes.

Suho ended the suspense by quickly pushing the spike into its forehead. He let out a sigh rolled his shoulders when the Demon's cries ceased and it disappeared.

"I actually kind of felt bad for killing that one," Suho mumbled as they walked down the hall, "It actually helped us."

"Well we don't know that for sure," Kris corrected, turning a corner, "It could have be leading us straight into a trap."

The two boys stood in front of the door that you were apparently behind.

"Well, there's only one way to find out," Suho took a deep breath and turned the knob.

---

Your head slightly bobbed up and down as you struggled to keep your eyes open. The sudden loss of blood was really starting to get to you and your empty stomach didn't really help either.

You shifted your eyes around to room in an attempt to keep your eyelids from shutting. Even though your vision was starting to blur and your head was starting to spin, you could still hear the cries of Demons echoing throughout the building.

'They must be winning,' you smiled a little to yourself as you thought of the twelve Guardians.

You tipped your head to the side and slowly let your eyes close. You quickly caught yourself and forced your eyes open again.

"Don't fall asleep, don't fall asleep," you chanted out loud as you shook your head and sat up straight in your chair.

You grimaced a little when the room started to spin and a nauseous feeling developed in the pit of your stomach. You took a few deep breaths as you tried to focus your line of vision on the bookshelf in the corner of the room, hoping that it would get rid of your light headedness.

You jumped a little, causing your vision to blur again, when someone suddenly opened the door. You slowly turned around to a see a figure running towards you.

---

I'm so sorry for not updating in a few days! School has just been attacking me on top of my lack of motivation to write this chapter LOL Well I hope you all enjoyed this update! 

~Admin Kelc