Thirteen

The Fallen

 

You knew in your gut that you had developed feelings for the Guardian over the short amount of time you knew him. And you somehow got the thought in your head that he had feelings for you too.

But after hearing that fact that he unwillingly broke up with his girlfriend, you knew you had to distance yourself away from him as much as possible. You didn't know anything about her other than the fact that she was an Angel, but he still had feelings for her and that's all that mattered.

You avoided Suho for the next few days. You wouldn't look him in the eyes as you passed him in the halls and tried to stay in your room as much as possible, entertaining yourself with random books you found in the library. You even went to the extent of changing seats with Chen during dinner so you wouldn't sit next to him. You could feel his stares from across the table, but kept your head down and ate your food in silence.

The other boys noticed your strange behavior, but every time they asked you what was wrong, you would dodge their questions, telling them that everything was fine before running back to your room. They also noticed Suho's behavior had changed as well. He didn't smile as often as he used to and kept more to himself, not saying much during their meetings like he usually would.

"Something's wrong."

The boys looked away from their lunches and towards Kris who was leaning against the counter.

"With what?" Luhan asked.

"Suho and Miyoung," he crossed his arms over his chest.

The other boys took glances at each other and nodded in agreement.

The only reason that Kris brought the two of you up was because you weren't in the kitchen with them. You were in your room, like always, and Suho decided to take a walk alone.

"Well, what do we do?" Baekhyun asked Kris, "It's obviously something between the two of them and we can't solve their problems for them."

"I just want to know what happened," he shrugged, "Miyoung seems really upset lately."

"So does Hyung," Sehun said quietly, "I've never seen him so emotionless."

"I'll go find out right now," Xiumin suddenly stood up from his chair and grabbed a sandwich off the platter in the center of the island, putting it on a new plate, "Give me ten minutes."

The other boys followed Xiumin with their eyes as he left the kitchen.

---

You were sitting on the window seat in your room, a book in your lap. You glanced out your window and admired how clear the sky was that day.

You snapped your head towards the door when you heard a knock. Your heart started to beat nervously in your chest.

"Who is it?" you called out.

'Please don't let it be Suho,' you chanted in your head, 'Anyone but him.'

"It's Xiumin," the person called back.

You let out a sigh in relief, "Come in."

You closed your book and placed it at you side as Xiumin quietly entered the room.

"I brought you lunch," he smiled.

"Thanks, but I'm not that hungry."

"Well, I'll just leave it here," he placed the plate on your desk and moved to sit on the edge of your bed.

You looked down your feet and ran your toes over the soft rug on the floor.

His eyes studied you as you kept quiet, "Want to tell me what's up?"

"Nothing's up," you shrugged.

He raised his eyebrows, not buying your lies one bit, "That's funny because a few days ago I swear I could have vomited rainbows when I saw you and Suho together."

You bit down on your lip and said nothing once again.

"He's been different lately," Xiumin said quietly.

"How so?" you casually asked, trying not to seem that interest but when in reality, his statement captured your attention.

"He's quieter, distracted all time, and I don't think I've seen him crack a real smile for the past couple of days. You should have seen him when we were on a mission yesterday," Xiumin shook his head, "He couldn't even take down a single Demon by himself."

You remained emotionless on the outside, but on the inside, concern was gnawing away at you. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Suho, the Guardian that you witnessed kill three Demons on his own with no problem, couldn't even kill one now?

"I don't know what happened between the two of you, but could you, um, talk to him?" Xiumin gave you a pleading look, "For me? For the rest of the guys? We're all really concerned about him."

"I'll try," you sighed reluctantly.

"Thanks, Miyoung," Xiumin patted you on the head before heading towards the door, "And remember to eat that," he pointed to the plate on your desk and gave you a smile before leaving the room.

---

You stared blankly at the ceiling as you laid in bed that night, a million thoughts running through your head. Being too scared of what he would think of you, you didn't end up talking to Suho. You tried to work up the nerve to walk down the hall and knock on his door but every time to placed your hand on your doorknob, you would drop it back to your side and return to sitting on the window seat.

You would never say it out loud, but you knew you overreacted that night in Suho's room and it was your entire fault that he was acting strange. He tried to explain, but you were so overwhelmed with emotions you've never felt before that you just wanted to escape.

You didn't know what to do. Were you supposed to go to him? Or were you supposed to let him come to you?  

You groaned and threw your blanket over your head, closing your eyes under the covers. As you took a few slow breaths, you heard a small clicking sound.

You removed the covers from your face and your eyes widened in shock. A hand clamped down on your mouth before you even got the chance to scream. 

---

Kekekekekeke (¬‿¬) Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc