Twelve

The Fallen

 

You paced in hall outside of Suho's door, the tip of your thumb between your teeth. You closed your eyes and let out a short breath before standing in front of the door. You raised your fist to knock but dropped it again for the fifth time.

You bit your lip and started pacing again.

"Don't wake up him up. It's already past one in the morning and he needs sleep too," you whispered.

"But, he probably wouldn't mind," you tried to reason with yourself.

You jumped and gasped when the sound of the door opening suddenly echoed through the hallway.

You turned around to see Suho leaning against the partially opened door and looking back at you with half lidded eyes.

"Suho," you whispered breathlessly, still getting over the shock you just received.

He gave you a sleepy smile and ran a hand through his messy bed hair, "You had the dream again?"

You looked at him, fear visible in your eyes, and nodded your head.

A soft sigh escaped his lips before he reached out and took your hand in his, pulling you into his room and this time, locking the door behind him.

He pulled you gently across the bridge and onto his bed.

"Do you want to tell me about it now?" he asked after pulling his comforter over the both of you.

You looked down and gripped onto the edge of the blanket.

"I was on a cliff," you said softly, "And there was this woman screaming at me, saying that I did something wrong and that whatever I did wasn't an accident. She kept coming towards me and I kept backing away getting closer and closer to the edge. Right when I got to the edge, she shoved me off," your voice broke a little at the end.

You didn't know why you were so scared. Was it because the dream seemed so real? Was it because you kept having the same dream over and over again? You really didn't know.

Suho didn't say anything and instead pulled you into his arms, cradling you against his chest.

"There's always a voice calling me as I fall. And right when I'm about to see who it is, I wake up every time," you mumbled, "Why do I keep having this dream?" you knitted your eyebrows together and buried your face into his chest.

"I know it's frustrating," Suho whispered as he gently smoothed your hair, "But everything is going to be fine, okay? I promise."

You nodded your head and pulled away from him. You laid on your back, resting your head on one of the many pillows at the head of the bed as you rubbed your eyes.

"Why don't we talk about something else," Suho to his side.

"Like what?"

"Do you like it here at Homebase?"

You nodded your head simply, "You guys treat me so well, even though I did nothing to deserve it."

"We're Guardians, Miyoung," Suho tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, "We're supposed to protect people and make sure they're safe."

"Yeah, but you don't let everyone that you save stay in your million dollar mansion."

"That's true," he chuckled.

"But out of all the rooms here, I must admit that the communication room is the coolest."

Suho gasped and put on an offended expression, "Even cooler than my room?"

"Yes, even cooler than your room," you teased.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes, "So did Kris show you around?"

"Not really, we mostly talked."

"About what?"

"His girlfriend," you whispered.

"Wow, he actually told you the story?" Suho asked in amazement.

You nodded your head, "It's so tragic. I don't even want to imagine going through something like that."

"Yeah, it was pretty horrible for him," he said softly.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend before?" you looked at him, anticipating his answer.

"I've had a few before I became a Guardian," he said with a thoughtful look, "But after, just one."

You felt your heart clench a little in your chest.

'Of course, he has a girlfriend,' you scolded yourself, 'Just look at him. Something would be wrong if he didn't.'

"Is she an Angel too?" you asked quietly.

Suho nodded his head, but didn't say anything.

Great. That's just fantastic. You thought you at least had a chance if she was human, but no. She just had to be an Angel and she was probably exactly like Kris's late girlfriend: perfect.

"She's a lucky girl," you forced a smile onto your face.

Suho frowned a little when he noticed you scoot a little away from him.

"But we're not together anymore," he said quickly, hoping to ease the tension in the room even though it meant feeling a sharp stab in his own heart.

"She's not dead too right?" you glanced at him.

Suho shook his head, "No, she's still alive."

"So the two of you just broke up?"

"It's not like we really had a choice," he mumbled bitterly without thinking.

You felt your heart drop into your stomach, "So you were forced to?" you pressed but your question came out more like a statement.

Suho set his lips into a firm line when he realized how that sounded, "Well, yes but -"

"So you still have feelings for her," you said, your voice slightly louder.

"No!" Suho instantly denied, starting to panic. You gave him a look, knowing he was lying, "Okay, yes. I still love her, but -"

"I should go," you abruptly cut him off and threw the blankets to the side.

"Miyoung, wait!" Suho called, jumping off the bed as you briskly walked towards the door, taking shallow breaths to hold back the tears that suddenly sprang to your eyes.

He latched onto your wrist and spun you are around to face him. You kept your head angled towards the floor but Suho felt his throat close when he caught a glimpse of the tears pooling in your eyes.

"Miyoung, you don't understand…" he whispered.

You harshly pulled your wrist out of his grasp and looked up at him in anger, "I understand enough," you whispered before leaving the room.  

Suho flinched when you slammed the door shut and raked a hand through his hair. He let out a frustrated yell and quickly swung his right arm to the side, sending all the water on that side of the pool crashing into the wall. 

---

Oooh we get some drama up in here~ You didn't think that it would be all rainbows and sunshine between Suho and Miyoung right? Hahaha well it's very interesting hearing all of your guys theories about who Miyoung really is, but I just warn you all, you might think you're right at one point in the story, but everything could change the next chapter! Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc