Thirty-Five

The Fallen

 

"Turns out there were rocks a few feet under the water where you fell and you hit your head. I was lucky enough to pull you up to the surface before you drowned."

You stared at him with your mouth slightly open, shock taking over your mind and body. Even though this Suho wasn't a Guardian, he was still protecting you.

"You saved my life," you whispered.

Suho looked at you and let out an embarrassed laugh, "Anyone could have jumped in to rescue you."

"Yeah, but only you did," you pointed out.

Suho's face flushed a little before he dropped his eyes to the floor.

"Thank you," you said softly, "For everything."

"It's no problem," Suho shook his head modestly, "I'm glad I was there to save you."

You looked up at the boy sitting at your bedside through your lashes and gave him a small smile, "Me too."

---

"So you never told me why you jumped in to save me," you said to Suho casually with your arm looped through his, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his slacks.

You and Suho were talking your daily walk around the hospital. Suho suggested that it would be good for you to get out of your room every now and then. So for the past week, at nine o'clock sharp, Suho would knock on your door and take you out for a stroll.

The two of you would talk about anything and everything, from current events  that you've heard about on the news to the gossip floating around the hospital. You would even answer any of the questions Suho had about the Guardians, Angels, and Demons from your coma dream state.

On this particular day, you decided to revisit the night that Suho jumped into the ocean to save you.

"Um, because you were drowning?" Suho tried to play it off cool even though his voice was a little higher than usual, something that you knew happened when he was lying.

You gave him a look, not very convinced, "Really? That was the only reason?"

"Of course!" Suho laughed, still refusing to meet your eyes.

"It wasn't because you liked me, Dr. Kim?" you teased.

"Stop calling me that!" Suho huffed and turned his head away from you.

You stifled your laugh when you saw Suho's ears start to turn red.

"But that might have been a contributing factor," he held his head up, trying to muster what was left of his pride.

"Oh," you suddenly felt butterflies in your stomach.

"Who's embarrassed now?" he smirked as he bumped your shoulder with his.

"Oh, I'm not embarrassed," you denied as he held the door to the hospital garden open for you.

"Sure you aren't," he rolled his eyes as the two of you fell into step with each other again.

You glanced around the small garden. There were only a few other people around, mostly patients with their family members.

"So, I heard that you're going to be released tomorrow," Suho said the two of you sat down on a bench under a shady tree.

"Yeah, Dr. Lee told me this morning," you nodded.

"You must be excited," he mumbled and dropped his eyes to his shoes.

You frowned a little and tilted your head to the side, "What's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" Suho gave you a smile that didn't fully reach his eyes, "Nothing's wrong, I'm happy for you."

"Suho," you raised your eyebrows.

A frown appeared on his face and he bit his lip, "I guess I'm just going to miss you, that's all."

"Suho, what are you worrying about?" you laughed, "I'm not going away forever!"

Suho dreamily gazed at you as you continued to giggle at his ridiculousness.

You met Suho's eyes before you placed your hand lightly over his, "Just give me a call and I can come visit you anytime you want me to."

A real smile appeared on Suho's face as he laced his fingers through yours.

Your eyes widened and your breath caught in your throat when Suho abruptly leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on your cheek.

He pulled away with his eyes in the shape of half moons, "Sounds great."

---

The sun was already starting to set by the time you and Suho returned to your room.

You crawled under the covers and smoothed out the blankets with your hands.

"Do you know what time your parents are coming to pick you up tomorrow?" Suho asked as he sat down on the edge of your bed.

"They called the front desk and said that they would be coming at about eleven."

Suho nodded, "We can still go on our walk before you leave."

"I'm going to miss those," you sighed and leaned back against your pillows.

"Well like you said, anytime you want to visit, just give me a call to let me know that you're coming," he said.  

Suho took your hand in his and started to play with your fingers as the both of you lapsed into silence.

"But I was thinking," he continued, "After you get settled at home and everything, maybe we could go out for lunch some time?"

"Like a date?" you asked softly.

"Sure, if you want it to be one," he sent you a shy smile.

"I'm going to have to think about it," you mused, tilting your head to the side and looking up at the ceiling as you tapped your finger against your chin.

Suho's hands froze and he stared at you in disbelief, "Are you serious? I saved your life and you can't even go on a date with me in return?!"

"I'm just kidding," you laughed and calmed Suho down before he started to have a panic attack, "I'd love to go out with you for lunch."

"You're really mean, do you know that?" he narrowed his eyes at you.

"Yeah but you still like me anyways," you smirked.

"Unfortunately for me, I do," he muttered and lightly poked your forehead.

You wrinkled your nose and sent him a cute glare as you rubbed your forehead causing him to laugh.

"It's getting late," Suho patted your hand and stood up, "you should get some rest."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall, "It's like five o'clock."

"Shhh," he hushed as he placed his pointer over your lips, "Get some rest. I'll come by tomorrow morning at nine."

You closed your eyes when Suho cupped your cheek with a hand and pressed a lingering kiss to your forehead.

"Good night," he gave you a heart melting smile before walking towards the door.

Deciding not to protest, you snuggled down into your bed and closed your eyes even though you weren't really tired.

On his way out, Suho stopped in the doorway and looked over his shoulder, his hand on the light switch.

A small smile appeared on his face before he clicked the lights off and quietly closed the door behind him. 

---

Hee hee hee ^^

~Admin Kelc