Eleven

The Fallen

 

"Miyoung, would you take this plate up to Kris?"

You looked up from your food to see Lay holding a plate in his hands.

"Sure," you wiped your mouth with your napkin and stood up from your seat.

"I can take it up to him if you want," Tao offered as you took the plate from Lay.

"No, it's fine," you shook your head.

"He's in the communication room," Lay told you.

You nodded, "Okay, I'll be right back."

You walked out of the dining room and up the stairs. Your turned to the left and walked down to the end of the hall.

You stopped in front of a door that had two gold wings on it and lightly knocked on it with one fist, balancing the plate of food in the other.

"Come in," you heard Kris's muffled voice through the wood.

You opened the door and poked your head inside to see Kris leaning sitting in one of the sofa chairs, facing a giant screen that was mounted on the same wall as the door.

"I brought you dinner," you held up the plate.

"I need to go, I'll talk to you later," he said before quickly grabbing the remote at his side and turning off the screen.

"Who was that?" you glanced at the black screen and handed him the plate.

"The Archangel," he said as he placed the plate on a small table next to him.

"Oh, the boss Angel lady person," you sat down in the sofa chair next to him and glanced around the communication room as Kris chuckled at your description of the highest ranking Angel, "So this is like the control room for Guardians, huh?"

"Pretty much," he laughed and glanced around at the different monitors and computers that were hooked up around the room, "We mainly use it to communicate with the Angels and track Demons."

"Cool," you nodded and looked back at Kris.

As he picked up his fork and started to eat his dinner, something on his middle finger caught your eye.

"That's an interesting ring," you commented, observing the simple silver band around his finger.

Kris looked down at his hand and smiled, "Thanks."

"Who gave it to you?" you asked curiously.

"Hyerim," he said shortly as he twisted the ring with his thumb.

"Hyerim?" you tilted your head to the side as you tried to recall the name.

"She was my girlfriend," he said softly.

"Oh," you mouthed and looked down at the floor. But something clicked in your head and you turned back to Kris, "Wait, 'was'?"

"Yeah," he took a deep breath and his dry lips, "She died."

You let out a soft gasp, "I'm so sorry."

Kris shook his head and gave you a small smile, "It's okay. You have nothing to apologize for."

You bit your lip and twisted your fingers together in your lap.

"You want to know how she died, right?" Kris looked at you.

"A little," you whispered, "That is, if you are okay with telling me."

Kris let out a sigh and pushed his plate away from him before leaning back in his chair.

"She was an Angel," he started, "The one that visited me when I died in an airplane accident. When I saw her, everything just seemed to disappear around us. She was perfect. Long brown hair, twinkling eyes, and when she smiled," Kris let out a short laugh, "I've never seen anything more beautiful."

You crossed your legs under you and turned around in your chair to face Kris, propping your elbows on the arm rest and cupping your chin with one hand.

"It was love at first sight for the both of us and everything just seemed so unreal," he smiled at the thought of his first love but his eyes suddenly turned dark, "But then Kang happened."

"Kang?" you asked, "Who's that?"

"He was a Guardian, but he went bad," Kris shook his head, "He was so set on this notion that the blood of Angels could grant anyone immortality. It got so bad to the point where the Archangel decided that he wasn't sane enough to protect humans, let alone other Angels, so she stripped him of his powers and sent him down to be with the Demons.

"But he got a following down there, he built up an army and they waited. They waited for a moment when an Angel was unprotected and venerable to attack and it just so happened that Hyerim was that Angel," he hung his head and took a shaky breath, "They killed her before I even got a chance to save her."

”Was he right?" you asked softly, "About the Angels' blood?"

"Partially," Kris muttered, "It grants immortality, but only temporarily. So he really killed her for nothing. And now when I find him, I'm going to kill him."

The two of you stayed silent for a few minutes. You couldn't imagine the amount of evil that this Kang person had in his body and you didn't even want to think about the pain that Kris must have went through when he found out his true love was killed by an ex-Guardian.

"But a few days before she died," Kris spoke up, "she gave me this ring. All of the guys have one from her too actually."

"Really?" you asked.

"Yeah, you've never noticed?"

You shook your head.

"Well, she gave us these rings to unite us as one group," he fondly looked down at the silver band, "Most of the guys don't wear them all the time. But all of us wear them when we go on missions."

"She must have been really special," you commented, wishing you could have met her yourself.

Kris looked at you with a small smile, "She was."

---

"Hey, I was starting to think you got lost," Suho chuckled as you sat back down in your seat next to him.

"You have no faith in me," you threw at him as you went back to eating your food, "I was just talking with Kris."

"What were you two talking about?"

You shrugged your shoulders, "I don't know, just whatever."

Suho stood up from his chair, "I'm going to get some ice cream, do you want some?"

"I do!" Xiumin shot his hand up into the air.

"Oh! Me too!" Sehun looked up from his plate excitedly.

"I didn't ask you guys. If you want some, come with me and get it yourselves," Suho sneered at them before turning back to you, "Do you want some, Miyoung?"

"Yes, please," you giggled.

He ruffled your hair a bit before going into the kitchen with Xiumin and Sehun grumbling behind him. 

---

No author's note for today, but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

~Admin Kelc