Twenty-One

The Fallen

 

“I wonder where they are,” Lay mumbled as he looked out of the sliding door in the living room, “Do you think they’re in trouble?”

“Relax man, I’m sure they’re fine,” Luhan chuckled.

“Do you think he really did it?” Sehun asked from his seat on the floor.

“Really did what?” Chanyeol asked with his eyes still on the television.

“Give Miyoung the ring,” Sehun answered.

All of the boys looked up from what they were doing, their attention on the youngest Guardian.

“What?! He’s giving her a ring?!” Chanyeol jumped off the couch and stared and the younger boy in shock.

Sehun nodded and looked at the other boys in confusion, “You guys didn’t know?”

The other boys shook their heads and gave each other shocked looks.

“So he’s going to ask her to marry him?” D.O asked with wide eyes.

“He’s giving her a promise ring,” Kris said as he walked into the room and took a seat on one of the couches.

Kris raised an eyebrow when the boys gave him blank looks, “Wait, you guys didn’t know?”

“NO!” Chanyeol yelled and threw himself back onto the couch. He slouched over to his side, sprawling himself over Kai's legs causing the latter to roll his eyes at his Hyung's childishness.

“That’s crazy,” Tao mumbled, Baekhyun nodding in agreement.

“Oh, they’re back,” Kai pointed to the glass door, causing the boys to turn and see you and Suho walking out of the forest.

---

“I really think you have to work on your control more,” you teased as you took off your shoes.

“My control is fine,” Suho rolled his eyes, “It’s almost perfect even.”

“Then why did you drop the water when all I did was kiss you?” you gave him a look as you slid open the door.

“I was shocked, okay?” he scoffed.

You both stepped into the living and stopped in your spots when you came face to face with a wall of nine Guardians with their arms crossed over their chests.

“Hey,” Sehun chimed and Kris waved from the couch.

“Hey, guys,” you said slowly, taking a step closer to Suho.

“When did you think you were going to tell us?” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

“Tell you guys what?” Suho asked, unaffected.

Chen stepped out of the line and walked right up to you.

“Let me see it,” he grabbed your wrist and held your hand up to his face.

“Wait, I want to see it!”

“Me too!”

Soon you were surrounded by all the boys, all of them jumping and pushing each other to get a good look at the ring.

“Wow, Suho, I can't believe you actually did it,” Kris patted him on the shoulder.

Suho smiled as he watched you let Tao grab your hand to see the ring better.

“Is that the same ring that you were going to use to propose to her?” Kris asked.

Suho nodded silently, keeping his eyes on you as you laughed at something Tao said and ruffled his hair.

“I still don’t get it. Why didn’t you just propose to her?”

“It just wouldn’t feel right, you know?” Suho looked up at Kris, “I still may know everything about her, but she doesn’t know everything about me anymore. I want to give her time. We fell in love once, I think we can fall in love again.”

Right at that moment, you looked over Suho and gave him a smile that took his breath away.

'I'm sure we can fall in love again,' he thought as he smiled back.

---

You laid on your back and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"One AM," you mumbled as you glanced over at the clock that sat on the bedside table.

You rolled over onto your side and looked at the asleep Suho who was laying next to you. How you wished you could have fallen asleep hours ago like he did. You watched his chest rise and fall with his even breathing and then smiled down at your hand as you ran your finger over the blue stone.

You laid back on your back and stared up at the ceiling of Suho's room once again.

"Hmm, maybe some warm milk will help," you mumbled before slowly sitting up.

You got out from under the covers as quietly as you could, hoping that you wouldn't wake Suho up. You crept over the bridge and towards the door. Holding your breath, you slowly turned the doorknob and stepped into the hall. You let out a long breath when you closed the door behind you and made your way downstairs to the kitchen.

Flipping on the kitchen lights, you walked to the fridge and took out a carton of milk. You hummed to yourself as you poured a glass and placed it in the microwave. You leaned against the counter and admired your ring for the hundredth time, smiling to yourself as the microwave heated your drink up. Maybe the ring was the reason you couldn’t fall asleep, just looking at it made you feel all giddy inside.

You sighed and looked down at your feet as you recalled the events of the day. The hike, the 'I love you's, the ring, the kiss, well kisses actually. Everything just felt so surreal. You felt a shiver up your spine and you covered your face with your hands as you shook your head, a wide smile on your lips.

The microwave sounded when the timer was done and you carefully took the warm cup out. You brought the cup up to your lips and sighed as the liquid rushed down your throat, warmth spreading throughout your body.

When you finished your milk, you walked over the sink. As you rinsed your cup out, you glanced up at the window and froze in fear when you saw a figure standing at the edge of the forest and staring back at you.

You squinted when the figure waved at you and your eyes widened when you could make out its face.

"Hyunwoo?"

You leaned closer to the window, confirming that he really was there and you weren't just dreaming.

"What is he doing here?" you whispered to yourself as you kept your eyes on the Demon standing at the edge of the clearing.

You were both shocked and relieved to see him. Shocked that he was actually crazy enough to come to Homebase, knowing that twelve Guardians were sleeping on the second floor, and relieved that he was safe and unharmed from you could see.

You tilted your head the side when he waved you over, signaling you to come out of the house.

"I can't," you mouthed and shook your head.

But he continued to motion for you to come outside, insisting that he talk to you.

You looked up towards the stairs, debating whether to go outside or head back up to bed.

Biting your lip, you walked towards the living room and silently slid the back door open. Hugging yourself, you quickly ran barefoot over to Hyunwoo.

"What are you doing here?" you asked in a hushed voice.

"I just wanted to make sure that you're okay," he said softly, "I never got to see you after that night."

"I'm fine, thank you for worrying about me," you gave him an appreciative smile.

"I can see that," he chuckled.

"How did you get here?"

"I have my ways," he shrugged as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

You opened your mouth to question him but decided against it, he probably wouldn’t tell you anyways. You glanced around when a breeze of night air rustled the leaves of the trees surrounding Homebase.

Hyunwoo kicked a leaf the side as he stared at the ground. He continued to stay in the shadows, not knowing if one of the Guardians would wake up and see him. That definitely wouldn't end well, even if you tried to defend him. A Guardian's job is to kill Demons, regardless of who they are or what they did.

"This is dangerous, you shouldn't be here," you spoke up, rubbing your arms to warm them.

"I know," he nodded, "If one of those Guardians you live with wakes up, I would be dead before I could even make it back to the beach."

"Then why did you come if you already knew how much danger you would be in?"

He merely shrugged his shoulders, "Kind of gives me a thrill, you know?"

"No, I don't know actually," you deadpanned, "I don't personally enjoy putting my life on the line for fun."

Hyunwoo gave you a playful smile and dropped his eyes to the ground.

You puffed your cheeks, exhaling sharply through your nose as you looked back at the dark mansion.

"Please, Hyunwoo, you should really go," you insisted, "I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Fine, fine, fine, I'll go," he held his hands up in surrender, "But I'm taking you with me."

You stared at him in confusion as he grin suddenly turned evil and you something sharp poke your arm.

"What-?" you looked down at your arm to see a smirking Demon poking a needle through your skin.

"Hyunwoo," you breathed as your vision blurred and then, everything went black. 

---

You guys wanted Hyunwoo and you guys got Hyunwoo LOL I know this chapter was long, I wanted to split it into two separate chapters but the second one would have literally been like 500 words. Well, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

~Admin Kelc