Six

The Fallen

 

You bit your lip and looked down at your feet as you let your mind wrap around D.O's words.

'What if I am a Guardian?' you asked yourself and felt an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach, 'Am I really cut out for all of this?'

"It's just a thought," D.O said quickly, sensing your discomfort, "Why don't we get back to the rest of the guys?"

"Okay," you mumbled quietly and followed D.O out of the kitchen, your mind still on his previous words.

You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard shouting as you and D.O neared the dining room.

"We're not discussing this anymore and that's final!"

"No, we are going to discuss this more!"

You stepped into the dining room and peered over D.O's shoulder to see Kris and Suho standing up and glaring at each other across the table. Your eyes widened a little when you saw both of their chairs knocked over and a few feet away from them.

"She's not supposed to be here! It's not safe for her!" Kris shouted.

"And what would be safer?!" Suho exclaimed, his abnormally harsh voice making you flinch a little, "Leaving her out there by herself where Demons could kill her?!"

"They wouldn't," Kris scoffed, "They'd be stupid to kill her and you know it."

Suho crossed his arms and glared at one of the walls, "Well, she's still staying here."

"No, she's not," Kris growled between clenched teeth, "She needs to go."

"Um, guys," D.O interrupted their argument and made a small gesture at you when they both looked at him.

Both boys stood up straight, their eyes widening when they saw you staring back at them in confusion.

The other nine boys seated at the table turned around and stiffened when they realized that you were in the room.

"Miyoung," Suho said softly, his eyes filling with concern.

Feeling all the attention on you, you did what your instincts told you to do.

You ran.

You quickly made your way out of the dining room and towards the door, ignoring all of the shouts behind you.

"Look what you did," Suho glared at Kris before quickly following you.

But Kris pulled him back into the dining room by the arm.

Suho looked at him in disbelief, "What are you-"

"I'll go get her," Kris quickly said under his breath and ran towards the front door.

You grabbed your shoes before flying out of the door to the mansion, not even bothering to put them on.

 You were running down the steps when you heard the door open behind you.

"Miyoung!" you heard Kris shout.

You kept your head down and started to run across the grass towards the forest, not even thinking about the chance that Demons could be in there waiting for you.

You skidded to a stop when Kris landed in front of you and placed his hands firmly on your arms.

"I didn't mean that," he started.

You harshly shook his hands off of you and glared up at him, "Yes, you did. Don't lie to me, I'm not stupid."

"No, that's not -"

"I can tell when I'm not wanted, Kris," you mumbled and crossed your arms over your chest as you dropped your eyes to the ground.

Kris ran a hand through his blonde hair and let out a frustrated sigh, "It's not that you're not wanted, Miyoung. I was just …"

"Just..?" you asked, impatiently waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I don't know," he sighed.

"Well, if you don't know, then I'm leaving," you turned your back to him and started to walked towards the edge of the forest.

"Wait!" he called and you turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"Just stay," Kris looked away from your eyes, "For Suho. He'll go ballistic if you leave."

You hesitated for a second. You knew you should just turn around and walk away, but something inside of you told you to stay.

"Miyoung?"

You looked up to see Suho standing on the porch, a worried look on his face as he looked between you and his fellow leader.

"Fine," you whispered and brushed past Kris, walking back towards Suho.

You climbed back up the steps and Suho gently wrapped an arm around you, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," you whispered as he led you back into the house.

Suho glanced over his shoulder to see Kris slowly trailing behind, guilt written on his face.

When their eyes met, Suho gave Kris a small smile which Kris returned.

Their argument had ended when Kris chased after you, both of them knew that. But they both knew they would have more to discuss when you fell asleep.

---

You tilted your head to the side as you looked at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing one of Suho's long sleeve t-shirts and a pair of his pajama bottoms. Even though you rolled up the pants they still dragged on the ground and the sleeves of the shirt went past your wrists, making only your fingers visible.

You grabbed a brush and quickly raked it through your slightly damp hair, getting most of the knots out so your hair would be easier to deal with in the morning. You then picked up a toothbrush Suho gave to you and brushed your teeth.

After rinsing out your mouth and placing your toothbrush in the cup next to the faucet, you looked at yourself in the mirror again. You smiled to yourself at the thought of being clean and pushed your hair behind your ears before exiting the bathroom.

You padded the short distance from the bathroom to the spare bedroom and quietly opened the door. You poked your head inside and saw Suho, dressed in a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants, locking the windows, one knee one the window seat.

He turned around when you opened the door fully and gave a smile.

"All ready for bed?" he asked as he closed the curtains.

"Yeah," you nodded and moved to sit on the edge of the bed.

"My clothes make you look smaller than you already are," Suho commented as he walked over to you and sat down on the bed as well, his leg pressed up against yours.

You bit your lip in embarrassment and stared down at the floor, "Thank you for everything today," you said softly, "I don't know how I'm going to repay you."

"You don't need to repay me, Miyoung," he patted your knee, "Right now, you just need to get some rest."

He stood up off the bed and you crawled under the covers, pulling the bed spread and sheets up to your chin.

You blushed when Suho fixed your blankets a little and started to fluff your pillow.

"You're treating me like a child," you laughed, making Suho's hands to freeze.

"Oh, sorry," he drew his hands back and started to back away from the bed.

"No!" you said a little too quickly causing Suho to give you a look, "I kind of like it," you whispered.

A small smile formed on Suho's lips and he sat down on the edge of the bed.

You felt butterflies flutter in your stomach when he reached out and brushed a few strands of hair off of your face. You knew your face must have been visibly red when he softly ran his thumb over your cheek.

"Goodnight, Miyoung," he whispered, gazing into your eyes before drawing his hand back and standing up.

"Goodnight," you whispered back as he walked towards the door.

He gave you another smile that made your heart beat faster as he turned off the lights and gently shut the door behind him.

You stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before flying your hands up to cover your face. You took deep breaths, trying to slow your heart rate. When your heart started to beat at a normal pace, you snuggled down into the bed and closed your eyes, a small smile still on your lips. 

---

I deem their couple name to be SuYoung! So there it is! The fluffy SuYoung moment! Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! I will be updating again later today. So until then!

~Admin Kelc