Sixteen

The Fallen

 

You sat on the couch, curled up in your pajamas under a blanket as you half paid attention to the comedy show that was playing on the television.

"Here you go," Kai handed you a mug and sat down next to you. He, too, was dressed in his sleepwear with his hair slightly damp from the shower he just took.

"Thanks," you whispered, peering into the cup.

"It's my special hot chocolate," he took a sip out of his own mug, "It's good. Trust me."

You brought the mug up to your mouth and took a small sip. You sighed with a smile as warmth from the liquid spread throughout your body.

"Good right?" Kai smirked.

"Is there mint in this?" you asked.

He quickly raised and then lowered his eyebrows as he swallowed a gulp of his drink, "And I use dark chocolate."

You nodded your head, thoroughly impressed of his cooking skills as you took another sip.

You carefully placed your cup of the coffee table in front of you when you heard the front door open. The quiet house quickly filled with voices as the rest of the Exo boys piled in. You heard some of them head upstairs and others walking towards the two of you.

Suho was the first to enter the living room followed by Kris, Chanyeol, and Luhan. He quickly ran towards the couch when his eyes landed on you. You gave him a weird look when he kneeled in front of you and took your face in his hands.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did any of the Demons do anything to you?" he spewed out as he turned your head from side to side, checking if there was anything wrong with you.

You removed his hands from your face and gave him a smile, "Calm down, I'm fine."

A lopsided grin appeared on Suho's lips as he held onto your hands that were resting on the blanket covering your legs.

Kai cleared his throat awkwardly from his seat next to you and turned to the other three boys, "I made hot chocolate for Miyoung. Do you guys want some?"

"Yeah!" Chanyeol's eyes lit up and he ran towards the kitchen.

You watched the other boys shake their heads and roll their eyes as they followed after him.

You looked back at Suho and he sighed in relief that you were okay.

"I'm going to go shower, I'll be right back," he said stood up from the floor.

"Okay," you said softly.

"Don't you dare think about moving," he pointed a finger at you as he walked backwards towards the hall.

"I won't," you laughed causing him to throw a heart stopping smile at you before leaving the room.

You sighed and picked up your hot chocolate, directing your attention back to the television. The show had ended and you had finished your hot chocolate by the time Suho came back. But just like to he told you, you didn't move from your spot.

Dressed in a loose v-neck and a pair of plaid pajama pants, he sighed as sat down next to you with a mug is his hand.

"There's still hot chocolate left?" you asked, picking up your empty cup.

"Oh, no, that was gone a long time ago," he shook his head, "This is coffee."

"Aww," you pouted a little and looked down at the empty mug in your hands, "It was so good."

"I'm sure Kai can make more for you later," he chuckled, taking a sip of his drink.

Suho took the empty cup from your hands and placed it on the coffee table next to his.

"So what are we watching?" he asked as he threw his arm closest to you over the back of the couch and scooted closer to you, your blanket being the only thing separating your legs from being pressed against each other.

"I don't know actually," you shrugged, "This just came on after the other show that I was watching."

"I see," Suho nodded his head and the two of you fell into silence.

Your eyes were on the screen, but your mind was off somewhere else.

"Why do they want me?" you asked quietly, breaking the silence.

"Because you're really special, Miyoung," Suho wrapped his arm around your shoulder and pulled you towards him so your head was resting on his shoulder, "More than you'll ever know."

You watched Suho trace soothing patterns on your blanket over your leg with his free hand, not saying another word.

"I'm sorry," you apologized suddenly, lifting your head off of his shoulder to face him.

"For what?" he asked, tilting his head slightly to the side.

"For getting angry at you," you whispered and tore your eyes away from his gaze.

"Miyoung, you don't have to apologize for that," he turned towards you and crossed his legs on the couch as he took a hold of your hands, gently holding them between his fingers and his thumbs.

"Yes I do," you mumbled as you played with his fingers, "I didn't even let you explain."

Suho let out a sigh when you fell silent.

"Do you want to hear my explanation now?" he asked with a gentle voice.

"If you'd be willing to tell me," you looked up at him through your eyelashes.

He nodded and took a deep breath, "Well you know the story about Kris and Hyerim right?"

You nodded your head. How could you forget?

"Well, after that … incident happened, the Archangel made a law that Guardians and Angels were not allowed to be together romantically under any circumstance."

"So that's why you and your girlfriend were forced apart," you said, putting the pieces together in your head.

Suho nodded his head and dipped his head down before he let out a chuckle, "Yeah but the Archangel didn't do a very good job."

"What? Why?" you knitted your eyebrows together in confusion.

"Because my girlfriend," Suho looked up at you through his brown locks that were slightly covering his eyes and laced his fingers through yours, "is sitting right in front of me."

---

And there it is. But most of you knew the truth about Miyoung's past already. Man some of you guys are so sharp, I'm very impressed LOL Well, I will be updating again today so please look for that! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc