One

The Fallen

You fluttered your eyes open and turned your head to the side, taking in your surroundings. You were laying on a deserted beach and judging by the stillness of the ocean and how quiet everything was, it was probably past midnight. It was dark and the only source of light came from the full moon that hung in the sky above your head.

You pushed yourself up using your hands and clutched onto your head when you got into a sitting position, a shot of pain shooting through your skull.

"How did I get here?" you mumbled as you looked around, still holding onto your head as your headache continued to make a pounding sound echo in your ears.

You slowly turned around when you heard footsteps coming your way.

Your eyes landed on two boys running towards you. They didn't look much older than you and even from a distance, you could already tell that they were very good looking. You couldn't put your finger on it, but something just seemed a little off about them.

You were about to ask them for help as they neared but instantly closed your mouth when you saw their skin that looked as if it was made out of scales and their eyes that were glowing an evil red.

"There she is! Grab her!" one of them yelled, his inhuman like voice making your skin crawl.

You scrabbled to your feet and ran in the opposite direction as fast as you could, ignoring the headache that was killing your brain.

You could tell that they were gaining on you without turning around to look. You squeezed your eyes shut and pushed your legs to move faster. You felt as if your lungs were going to explode, your breathing was already heavy to begin with from trying to suppress the pain that was pulsing from your head.

You took a quick glance behind you to see how far away you were from the two guys. Was it even right to call them "guys"? You already knew for sure that they weren't human. Your eyes widened when you saw that the two creatures were only a few steps behind you.

Your breath caught in your throat when both of them reached out to grab you.

You were about to let out a scream when one of their hands brushed the end of your braid, ready to yank you towards them and into their clutches. Just as one of the creatures hands was about to latch onto your hair, two clear spikes flew over your shoulders and hit them in the center of their foreheads.

Getting thrown on their backs, they both let out shrieks of pain that spiked up the intensity of your headache, causing you to skid to a stop and clutch onto your head once again.

Suddenly feeling numb to the pain, you froze and watched the creatures as they tried to pry the spikes out of their foreheads. They suddenly went silent for a few moments before exploding into a puff of ash and smoke, only leaving behind a small wet circle in the sand where their heads used to be.

Your eyes widened in shock when you were suddenly yanked by the arm and your face collided with a pair of broad shoulder blades.

You looked up, scared out of your mind, to see a young boy wrapping an arm around your waist to keep your flushed against his back. If you thought those creatureswere good looking, this boy must have been sent by the gods. His sharp jaw line, piercing eyes, and perfectly tousled hair made him seem almost unreal.

"Stay behind me," he said sharply. His voice was smooth, rich, and oddly comforting considering what was going on.

You did as he ordered but went up on your toes a little and peeked over his shoulder. You let out a little yelp and hid behind him when you saw another creature headed straight for the two of you. You stared up at the boy in alarm as he made no move to run.

You whipped your head around when you suddenly heard the sound of rushing water. You looked towards the ocean but it was absolutely still, no waves crashing on the shore at all.

Your eyes dropped down and you gaped when you saw that a stream of water coming out of thin air was starting to form in the boy's free hand. As it solidified, you realized that the water was turning in a whip that had a small ball with clear spikes at the end of its tail.

Taking a deep breath, the boy snapped his arm and cracked the whip, hitting the creature in its chest and flying it backwards.

"I missed," he muttered lowly.

You watched in amazement when the handle of his whip turned into a clear spike, similar to the ones that hit your two chasers earlier, and tail of his whip fell to the ground, leaving a line of wet sand.

The boy turned around and gave you a gentle look, "Stay here, okay?"

You nodded without thinking and planted your feet in the sand as the boy left your side and walked over to the creature that was groveling in pain on the ground.

"You'll pay for this, Guardian," the creature choked out, causing you to cringe a little. You didn't think you'd be able to get used to their voices anytime soon. But the boy seemed unaffected as he kneeled down and placed the tip of the spike to the middle of the creature's forehead.

"Kang already has his eyes set on her," the creature continued but made no move to try and defend itself. It probably knew it was going to die anyways, "And, plus, there's backup coming as we speak."

"Thanks for letting us know," the boy said with no emotion and pushed the spike into his forehead.

The creature screeched and, like the other two, went silent before turning into a puff of smoke.

The boy stood up, dusted his jeans off, and walked towards your frozen figure.

"Are you okay?" he asked with concern, gently placing his hands your shoulders as he examined you for any injuries.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," you said softly then looked up at the boy in wonder, "What were those things?"

"Demons," he said curtly and quickly looked over his shoulder.

"Why were they after me?" you continued pressed, not noticing how his body tensed and turned defensive.

The boy looked into your eyes and gave you a serious look, "I'll answer all of you questions later, okay? But right now, I'm going to need you to run."

You gave him a confused look, "Wha-?"

But you cut off your question and your eyes widened when you saw a group of at least thirty Demons barreling down the beach, straight for you. 

---

And that the concludes the first chapter! LOL Well, first and foremost, for those of you who don't know me, hello there! My name is Kelcey (or I'm am also known as Admin Kelc, you guys can really call me either one :P) and I'm one of the writers for kpop-scenes. Thank you so much for clicking onto this story! This is technically my first chaptered story that I will be writing all by myself, so please go easy on me! Feedback is totally welcomed, I really would like to know what you guys think of each chapter! And I usually put my Author's Notes at the beginning of stories and chapters but I decided to mix it up a little so I'll be writing them at the end of each chapter for this story b"d I will also be posting updates on this story on our Twitter (@kpopscenes13), so if you would like instant updates on all of our stories, please check it out! So before I start rambling about nonsense, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and until next time!

~Admin Kelc