Five

The Fallen

 

 

"Oh," Baekhyun said quietly and awkwardly dropped his eyes down to the table, "I'm sorry I asked."

You shook your head, "No, it's fine. It's just that I had a major headache when I woke up. So maybe I just hit my head and temporarily lost my memory."

"That's understandable," Suho nodded.

"So, do you have any more questions?" Kris asked you.

"I think that's it," you looked around the table to see all of the boys visibly relax, "Well, for now."

When the room fell silent, you looked around the table to see every pair of eyes focused on Kris and Suho. The two boys didn't say a word, but you could tell by their intense way they were looking at each other that they had a silent conversation going on with their eyes.

D.O coughed and drew your attention away from the leaders.

"Why don't I give you a tour?" he asked with a small smile, "Since you're probably going to staying with us for a while."

"Great idea," Suho agreed, tearing his eyes away from Kris, who turned his head towards D.O as well.

"Okay, thanks," you nodded and stood up from your chair to walk over him.

"Please keep your hands and feet inside the cart at all times during tour," D.O said exactly like a flight attendant as he walked backwards, "And in case of an emergency, please locate the exit nearest to you."

You laughed at D.O's silliness and took a glance over your shoulder at Suho. He gave you a warm smile from his seat and you returned it with a shy grin as you walked out of the dining room.

You followed D.O up the stairs to the second floor.

"And we're walking and we're walking and now we stop," you both stopped in the middle of a common area on the second floor.

You looked around and saw that there were two long hallways that branched off in opposite directions, doors lining each wall of both hallways.

"This is the first stop of the tour," D.O announced, "I sure you're curious as to what's behind those doors."

"Oh, so curious," you played along.

"Well, if you must know, they're bedrooms."

"Really?!" you asked in faux surprise, "I thought they were portals to different dimensions."

"Oh, the portal's on the first floor next to the living room," D.O said nonchalantly as and waved a hand in the air, "I'll let Suho or Kris show you that."

You almost choked on your own spit and looked at D.O wide-eyed.

"The house has two wings," he went on, "The K wing and the M wing."  

"K and M? Why not E and W? You know, for like East and West?" you asked.

"We chose K and M because the K wing," he pointed to the hall at your right, "faces Seoul and the M wing," he pointed to the hall to your left, "faces Beijing."

"Oh, Korean and Mandarin!" you nodded when it clicked in your head.

"Yeah, that's right. So in the K wing there's myself," he placed a hand to his chest and gave you a cheeky smile, "Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Suho. And the other six guys are in the M wing. So Lay, Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Tao, and Kris.

"The doors at the ends of the hallways are the bathrooms. Next to the bathroom in the M wing is our communication room that we use to talk to the Angels. And the door next to the one in the K wing is an extra bedroom. So, that one room," D.O pointed to the door at the end of the K wing, "is yours."

"Can I see it?" you asked, taking small steps towards the hall.

"Yeah, I don't see why not," D.O shrugged and walked down the hallway.

As you followed your tour guide, you noticed gold letters on the doors which you figured were the initials of each boy's name.   

D.O twisted the knob on a door without a letter and swung it open.

Much like the rest of the house, everything in the room was completely white, from the bedding to the curtains, with little accents of grey every here and there. A desk stood next to the queen sized bed and there were closet doors on the opposite wall. There was even a window seat along the two large windows at the back of the room.

"You like it?" D.O asked from the door.

"Yeah," you faced him a smiled, "It's pretty."

"Well, come on now," D.O waved you over, "There's still is a lot more to see."

---

"And this is the basement."

"Is there anything in this house that you guys don't have?" you asked D.O as you pushed the white cue ball across pool table next to you.

After leaving the second floor, D.O took you around the main floor, showing you the living room, library, and kitchen, all of which were way beyond your expectations. So when he brought you down to the basement, you weren't very surprised to find a full blown entertainment complex below the mansion.

"We don't have a zoo," he smirked, "But I'm sure that Lay would love to have one of those."

"Oh, ha ha, very funny," you rolled your eyes.

You slowly walked around the well furnished basement looking at floor to ceiling case of different movies and video games next to the giant flat screen TV that was mounted onto the wall.

"And I can come down here and use whatever I want, whenever I want?" you turned to face D.O.

"Yup," he nodded, "But I warn you, when Luhan plays video games, don't even think about going near that TV. He may look cute, but when you get thrown across the room for walking in front of the screen, he's not so cute anymore."

"Wow," you whistled, "I would have never expected him to be so … aggressive."

"Most don't," D.O shrugged with a laugh.

"So he has super strength?" you asked as the two of you exited the game room and climbed the stairs back up to the foyer.

"No, he's telekinetic. Which is even worse because he doesn't even have to move to fly things around," D.O shuddered a little.

"What power do you have?" you inquired curiously.

"Earth," he answered, a hint of excitement in his eyes, "I can make small earthquakes, destroy things with a stomp of my foot, make craters, the usual."

"Oh, right, 'the usual'," you repeated as if it was the common to be able to make earthquakes.

The two of you entered the kitchen again and you leaned against the granite top island in the center of the room.

"What powers do the others have?" you asked, "Well, besides Luhan, Xiumin, Kai, Chanyeol, and Suho. I already know theirs."

"Well," D.O leaned against the island next to you and crossed his arms over his chest, "Kris can fly, Chen controls lighting, Lay has healing powers, Baekhyun controls light, Tao can control time, and Sehun controls air."

"Wow, you guys just have the whole spectrum covered," you said in amazement.

"I don't know," D.O shrugged bashfully, "Maybe the Angels intended it that way."

"Maybe," you mused the thought, "Man, your powers are so cool, I wish I had one."

"How do you know you don't?" D.O asked.

"Huh?" you asked not understanding what he was talking about.

"How do you know you don't have a power, Miyoung?" he repeated, "Maybe that's why you're here. Maybe the Angels sent you here because you're a Guardian too."

---

Hmmmm curious and curious-er. Is Miyoung really a Guardian? Let me know what you guys think! I know the story is kinda moving slowly right now, but I need to set everything before the real action starts. And fear not, Suho lovers, there's a Miyoung/Suho (Suyoung? Miho?) moment coming up! But I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and until next time!

-Admin Kelc