Fourteen

The Fallen

 

"Hyung! Wake up!" Kai yelled as he violently shook Suho.

Suho swatted his hands away and to his side, keeping his eyes shut.

"Hyung! WAKE UP!" Kai shook the sleeping boy even harder than before.

Suho sat up and glanced at the clock on his bedside table before looking at him with an irritated expression, "What do you want?! It's two in the morning!"

"Miyoung. She's gone," Kai said breathlessly.

Suho's irritation quickly melted away and was replaced by utter disbelief.

"What?" he swung his legs off the bed and stood up.

"I heard a crashing sound come from her room," Kai ran a hand through his hair and glanced at the wall that faced your room, "and when I went to go check on her, she wasn't there."

Suho quickly pushed past the teleporter and ran down the hall. He flung the door open and quickly the lights.

Your blankets and pillows were thrown off your bed and the lamp on your bedside table laid in pieces on the ground. A stack of books by your bed was knocked over and your windows were wide open, the curtains blowing in the night wind.

Suho stood in horror, not because you're room was pretty much destroyed, but because you weren't in it.

He ran down the hall and opened each door, turning on every light switch to see if you were there.

"What's going on?" D.O asked Kai as he scratched his head, stepping out of his room.

Kai looked at the other boys who were peeking into the hall as Suho ran past him and down the stairs, "Miyoung's gone."

All traces of sleep left the other ten boys' eyes. A chorus of "What"s and "Are you serious"s were heard as they gathered in the common area of the second floor.

"She really left?" Sehun asked in a small voice.

"I don't think she left on her own will," Kai responded, "I'm pretty sure she was taken."

"No, no, no," Suho mumbled as he checked every room on the first floor and the basement. He found it harder and harder to breathe every time he looked into a room and found it empty.

He stopped when he returned to the foyer and hung his head, beads of sweat dripping down the sides of his face.

Kris slipped between the boys and quickly made his way down the stairs towards his fellow leader, gently placing a hand on Suho's shoulder when he reached him.

Suho looked up at Kris with red rimmed eyes, "They took her, didn't they?"

"We don't know for sure," Kris threw an arm around his shoulders and led him towards the stairs. He looked up at the other boys who were leaning over the railing, watching the two leaders.

"Communication room," he ordered.

All the boys nodded and walked down the hall of the M wing. They all filed in and took their seats in their designated sofa couches, facing the giant screen.

Suho fell into his chair and slouched forward, burying his face in his hands.

"Lay, pull up the security cameras," Kris threw over his shoulder from his seat next to Suho, "Look at number 8, the one that records the front lawn."

"Got it," Lay stood up and moved over to the desk with the main computer that controlled all of the camera stationed around the inside and outside of the mansion.

As Lay searched the tapes, the other members looked at Suho with worry. They had never seen their leader so distraught before, even after being forced to separate from his girlfriend.

"This is all my fault," Suho leaned back in his chair and shook his head, "I promised her that I would protect her."

"It's not your fault," Luhan patted him on the shoulder from behind, "We don't even know if she's in danger."

"Got it," Lay announced, "Whoever has the remote, turn on the screen."

Baekhyun grabbed the remote that was on the table next to his chair and pressed the power button. Lay played the footage and the boys painfully watched you being dragged across the screen by two Demons. Lay stopped the video when you went out of the eye of camera and the boys sat in silence.

"I'm going to kill them," Suho said in a dangerously low voice and stood up from his chair, "All of them."

"Hold on," Kris stopped him, "We need to think of a plan first. We don't even know where they took her."

"They took her to Kang," Suho answered immediately, remembering what the Demon had said on the night he saved you, "He wants her, specifically her. I don't know why, but he does."

"Okay," Kris nodded, taking in the new information before turning to face the other boys sitting behind them, "Here's what we're going to do."

---

You grimaced a little when the bag that was over your head was removed. You looked around and found yourself tied to a chair by thick ropes in an office type of room.

You cowered back into your chair when you saw a young boy standing in front of you holding the bag that was just over your head.

"I'm not going to do anything to you," he said immediately, holding his hands up in the air for you to see and dropping the bag on the floor.

You narrowed your eyes at the boy who couldn't be more than a year or two older than youself, "Who are you?"

"My name's Hyunwoo," he said as he took a step closer to you.

You tensed when you saw the color of his eyes. They were a deep blood red, the same color as the Demons' that tried to attack you on the beach.

"What are you doing?" you asked when your eyes caught sight of him pulling a small dagger out of the sheath that was attached to his belt. You squeezed your eyes shut and leaned away from him as he got behind your chair.

"Letting you go," he said simply and started to cut at the ropes.

You opened your eyes in shock. He's obviously a Demon and he's helping you?

"Why?" you asked suspiciously.

"Because I hate my uncle."

"Your uncle?"

"This guy named Kang," he shifted the knife in his hand to get a better grip on it.

You froze in fear and bit down on your lip. Your heart was starting to race, remembering the story about Hyerim and how evil Kang was.

"Don't worry, I'm nothing like him," he said with a disgusted face, "He's a jerk."

Feeling your eyes on him, Hyunwoo looked up at you and gave you a small smile. He freed your arms and moved in front of you to work on the ropes around your ankles.

As you gingerly rubbed your wrists and tried to get some feeling back into your hands, you continued to study his face.

'He looks so familiar,' you tilted your head to the side.

Your eyes widened when it hit you just as Hyunwoo tore through the last rope.

"I know you!" you pointed at him.

He stiffened a little, you guessed out of shock from your sudden outburst, "R-Really?"

"Yeah," you stood up from the chair, "I was shopping and you passed by the store that I was in."

"Oh, right," Hyunwoo relaxed, "I think I know what you're talking about."

You held out your hand and gave him a smile, "I'm Miyoung. Thank you for saving me."

Just as he was about to shake your hand, the door slammed open and you saw two Demons coming through the doorway straight for you.

---

The much requested chapter has been posted! b"d So, Hyunwoo has no relation to Lee Hyunwoo aka this cutiepie. But I guess you guys could imagine Lee Hyunwoo as the Hyunwoo in this story if you want to. Well I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!!

~Admin Kelc