Seventeen

The Fallen

 

Your eyes turned into the size of saucers and your jaw dropped as you gawked at Suho, not believing the words that just left his mouth.

He gave you a small grin and rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb as he gave you time to wrap your mind around what he had just said.

"So that means …" your sentence trailed off at the end.

"That you're the girl that I was forced to break up with," Suho finished as he gazed at you fondly.

"And that I'm," you paused, "an Angel?"

"That's exactly right," he said with a nod.

"Are you serious?" you asked and looked down at your blanket, shaking your head and not even believing the words that came out of your own mouth, "That's not possible. I can't be an Angel."

Suho let out a sigh and took your face into his hands, forcing you to look into his eyes.

"Miyoung, listen to me," he said slowly, "You, are an Angel, the Angel that was my girlfriend. You were also the girl that you got jealous over that night you had the dream for the second time."

You opened your mouth to rebuttal his second statement but he cut you off.

"And don't even think about lying to me and saying that you weren't jealous. I know you," Suho smirked.

Your shoulders slouched and you dropped your eyes from Suho's. Everything made so much sense now. Why the Demons were after you, your reoccurring dream, and the reason why you had such strong feelings for Suho. All these things were happening because you were an Angel. Well, a fallen Angel, apparently.  

Suho scooted away from you and leaned back against the armrest on opposite end of the couch.

"Come here," Suho whispered to you.

He held out his arms and you crawled into them. You sat between his legs with your back against his chest and your legs stretched out on the couch with his. Suho fixed your blanket so it was over both of your legs before wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his chin on your shoulder.

You were amazed at how easily the two of you got into that position. But you figured it probably wasn't the first time the two sat like that: you in Suho's arms and leaning into his comforting embrace.

"Everything makes so much sense now," you sighed, leaning your head back onto his shoulder.

"It does, doesn't it?" you felt his chest vibrate a little when he chuckled.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"How was I supposed to?" he asked you in return, "How do you tell someone that they're an Angel?"

"That's true," you mumbled as you and Suho played with each other's feet under the blanket.

The two of you lapsed into another silence, the only sound coming from the television that's volume was barely audible.

Suho buried his face in your hair as he pulled your body closer to his, if that was even possible.

"I've missed you so much, Miyoung-ah," he mumbled against your neck.

You giggled a little and squirmed away from him.

"Still as ticklish as always," he smiled.

You turned your head to  face Suho when he let out a blissful sigh. He just looked so happy, so happy that you couldn’t even explain it. He was emitting this indescribable aura that wrapped around you and made you feel like everything was right in the world, that there were no Demons chasing after you, that you didn’t lose your memory. It was if it was just the two of you, sitting on the couch, content in each other’s company.

“How did it happen?” you spoke up.

“Hmm?” he looked at you with clear and bright eyes.

“Us falling in love,” you whispered as if the other guys were listening in on your conversation.

“You were actually the Angel that visited me when I drowned in the ocean in Jeju,” he said as a matter-of-factly.

“Really?” you asked with wide eyes.

He nodded, “We didn’t fall in love at that instant like Kris and Hyerim, but I did develop an attachment to you as I went through the early stages of training my powers. It actually took me a while to confess my feelings for you. Do you want to know what you did when I finally told you how I felt?”

“Yes?” you said tentatively, a little afraid of what he was about to tell you.

“You punched me in the arm and yelled, ‘What took you so long?!’” he laughed as you hid your reddening face.

Suho cupped the side of your face with one hand and turned your head towards him, “But I thought it was adorable,” he said softly as he rubbed his thumb over your pink tinted cheek.

"Is it like a normal thing for Guardians to fall in love with the Angels that visit them when they die?" you asked playfully.

"No, it's not actually," he laughed.

You nodded your head, "Mmmm, so it's just an Exo leader thing."

"Yeah, I guess so," he whispered before placing a soft kiss on your cheek.

"What were we like? When we were a couple?"

Suho pulled away from you and a thoughtful look appeared on his face, "Well, if Kris and Hyerim were like a married couple, then we were like two love sick teenagers forever stuck in the honeymoon phase."

"How far did we get in our relationship?" you asked curiously.

"What do you mean?" he looked down at you.

"Like we were at the holding hands stage or first kiss stage … or something more?" you could feel your cheeks starting to turn red again at the thought.

"I can promise you that we didn't do anything past making out," he laughed at your innocence, "Plus, it would be just plain wrong do to that with an Angel, right?"

"I guess it would," you bit you lip in embarrassment.

A yawn escaped your lips when you felt yourself it a wall of drowsiness. But you forced your eyes to stay open; you still had so many more questions.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart," Suho whispered in your ear, "It's been a long day."

He started singing and you quickly realized that it was the same song that he sang to you when you slept in his room that first night. 

You allowed your eyes to close and you snuggled into Suho's chest. Smiling as you felt his warmth envelope you, you let his smooth voice sing you to sleep.

“Neoui sesangeuro, yeorin barameul tago, 
Ne gyeoteuro, eodieseo wannyago
Haemarkge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo
Manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon
Eodideun cheongugilteni”

---

Another double update for all you lovelies. There is just so much Joonmyun fluff that I just might die myself, and I'm the author! Well I hoped that satisfied you all and that you enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc