Thirty

The Fallen

 

"What took you guys so long?" Xiumin asked as the two of you climbed down the grand staircase, meeting the others in the entrance hall.

"Sorry, we just got caught up in what we were talking about,” you quickly dismissed his question.

The boys narrowed their eyes suspiciously at the two of you but their attention was drawn to the ceiling when they heard a series of doors slamming and feet stomping on the floor.

“We better get going,” Suho guided you towards the door, the other nine Guardians following right behind him.

When you exited the front door of Demon lair, you saw two black vans parked on the front lawn.

The boys immediately split into two groups, the boys of the K wing in one group and the ones of the M wing the other, and started to pile into the vans.

You briskly walked around the front of the van as Suho jumped into the driver’s seat and the younger boys of the K wing climbed into the back.

As you opened the passenger side of the door, your eyes caught sight of the other five Guardians who were still standing outside of their van. They were giving each other lost looks, their eyes darting to the empty driver’s seat.

You felt your heart clench when you made the connection after looking between the M boys and Suho who was pushing the button on the dashboard to start the ignition.

“I’ll drive,” you heard Luhan mumbled in a quiet voice before pulling open the door to the driver’s seat.

Your attention was pulled back to the van you were standing next to when you heard the engine sputter before dying out.

“What the,” Suho knitted his eyebrows together and pressed the circular button again, only to have the same result.

“Come on,” he muttered as he continued to press the ignition button over and over.

The leader let out a frustrated groan as he opened the door and walked to the front of the car. The boys sitting in the back immediately followed and got out of the car as well, joining him at the hood of the van.

You stood next to Chanyeol as Suho lifted up the hood and a cloud of black smoked from the engine.

You coughed and covered your mouth with one hand as you helped the boys fan the smoke away.

“Are you serious?” Baekhyun muttered and frustratingly walked away from the car.

“Yours too?” Lay asked as he walked towards all of you with the M boys following behind him.

Suho nodded as the boys grouped up and looked between the two of cars, “I wouldn’t put it past the Demons to do something like this.”

“There’s no service here, we can’t call Kai for help,” Sehun frowned as he looked at his phone.

“So how are we supposed to get back to Homebase now?” Chen asked.

“I’m still trying to figure that out,” Suho crossed his arms and stared down at the ground obviously frustrated.

You placed a hand lightly on his back and gave him a small encouraging smile.

“You can’t be serious!” D.O screamed and stomped his foot on the ground, sending a pulse of energy through the air that shattered all the windows on both of the vans.

You stared at D.O with wide eyes, not expecting this tender hearted boy to be capable of having so much anger.

“Kyungsoo,” Suho said with a stern tone as he wrapped a protective arm around your shoulders.  

“Sorry,” he mumbled when he saw you looking at him before dropping his eyes to his feet.

“It’s okay,” you whispered as Suho rubbed your arms comfortingly.

“Well this is just great. Now we can’t even try to fix our cars because they’re totally destroyed thanks to the Incredible Hulk here,” Chen sighed and sent a look at D.O, who ducked his head in embarrassment.

“Oh! Okay I got it!” Chanyeol beamed, “Why don’t we-“

But he was cut off when the front door the Kang’s liar swung open and a swarm of Demons came flowing out, weapons strapped to each of their backs.

Seeing the amount of Demons charging your way, you and the Exo boys immediately started sprinting towards the thick forest.

A few of the boys used their powers to push the Demons back. They did enough damage to knock gaining Demons off their feet, but not enough to kill them. They didn’t have time for that.

As you got deeper into the forest, tall, thick trees shaded the light coming from the moon, making it harder and harder to see.

“Split up, guys,” Suho ordered the boys quickly, knowing that the Demons weren’t that far behind, “Stay in pairs and don’t worry about each other, just get back to Homebase.”

The boys nodded and took off in different directions, making you and Suho the last ones to leave.

You looked up at Suho with fear in your eyes, giving him the same look that you gave him after you witnessed him kill the three Demons on the beach that first night.

“It’s going to be okay,” he assured you.

You felt your fear subside when Suho placed his hand lightly on the back of your head and pressed a lingering kiss on your forehead. How you wish that the two of you could just stay like that forever.

Suho abruptly pulled back when he heard the faint sound of footsteps and the rustling of bushes nearby.

“Well isn’t this just the sweetest thing?”

You looked behind you and your breath caught in your throat when you saw a few pairs of glowing red eyes getting closer and closer to you.

“It’s too bad we have to kill them,” one of the Demons cackled, making you cringe and your skin crawl.

Without any warning, Suho conjured an orb of water and flung it towards the smug Demon, knocking it onto its back. He quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you deeper into the forest, the Demons right on your tail. 

---

No author's note for today! This was more of a transitional chapter but I hope you all enjoyed it anyways!

~Admin Kelc