Twenty

The Fallen

 

“Wow, this is beautiful,” you breathed as you looked around the small oasis in the middle of the forest.

You walked up to the pond, peering over the edge and looking at your reflection in the clear water. Your eyes followed the current coming from the small rapids above the pond and watched the water flow into a small stream that rushed through the forest.

“See, I told you I knew where I was going,” he smirked.

You rolled your eyes are turned around to face him, “I’m very sorry I doubted you,” you apologized, your voice thick with sarcasm.

“Don’t worry, I forgive you,” he sent you a playful wink, causing the two of you to laugh.

“So, this place is pretty and all, but why did you bring me here?” you asked curiously.

“Well, if you must know, this is where I come if I want to practice my powers alone,” he said as he made a thin column of water flow out of the pond and wrap around your shoulders. He twisted the water this way and that in the air, making it look like a glass sculpture.

“I thought that was what your room was for,” you ran your hand along the water near your shoulder, “You know, your pool?”

“Oh, yeah, that’s right,” he nodded stiffly as he tried to think of an excuse for why he doesn’t just use the pool of water around his bed, “But this place is … bigger?”

You giggled and shook your head when Suho lost his concentration and dropped the water he was holding in the air onto the grass.

“You could have showed me that in your room, you know?” you told him as you walked to where he was standing.

“Well, that’s not really what I wanted to show you,” he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.

“Oh, really?” you tilted your head to the side, “Well, then go ahead. Show me what you got,” you motioned to him with a laugh.

“Okay, just stand right here,” he wrapped his hands around your upper arms and stood you directly in front of him, “And don’t move.”

You nodded your head and watched him close his eyes as he took a deep breath. You looked away from him when you heard the sound of rushing water coming from behind you. Turning your head towards the pond, your jaw dropped a little when you saw a sheet of water crawling along the grass towards the two of you.

“Don’t move,” Suho said, eyes still closed, as you were about to step to you left to get out of the way of the water.

“I wasn’t going to move,” you mumbled causing him to chuckle.

The water continued its path towards the two of you. But when it reached about a foot away from your feet, it launched into the air as if it hit an invisible wall. You tilted your head backwards and watched in amazement as the sheet of water curved above your head, making a dome over you and Suho.

“Wow,” you looked at Suho who was smiling at you when the water hit the grass behind him.

“This is what I wanted to show you,” he looked up at the water suspended above your heads, “I can’t do this in my room.”

You looked at the wall of water before taking a tentative glance at the boy in front of you ,”Can I … ?”

You took a small step to the side, reaching your hand out, as you looked at Suho for approval.

“Go ahead,” he smiled.

You walked up to the dome and carefully pressed your palm against it. It was surprisingly sturdy and you could feel the water swirling around under your palm.

You drew your hand back and looked over your shoulder at Suho, “This is so cool.”

Suho smiled and shrugged his shoulders as he sat down on the grass, taking his backpack off and placing it next to him. You walked back over to him and crossed your legs as you sat down in front of him, your knees touching his.

The two of you sat in silence for a while as you admired how well Suho could control his powers. Even though he was still controlling the water, it seemed so effortless for him, almost as if someone else was doing all the work.

“There’s actually another reason why I brought you out here,” he said quietly, breaking the silence.

You looked at him but didn’t say anything, allowing him to continue.

Suho his lips nervously before reaching over to his bag and opening the front pocket.

“Here,” he quickly placed a small box in your hands before looking down at the ground and playing with the grass.

You gave him a suspicious look before slowly opening the lid. Your eyes widened when you saw a small ring surrounded by white silk sitting in the middle of the box.

“What-?” you whispered, looking at Suho in shock.

“It’s a promise ring,” he gave you a sheepish smile, “I was going to give it to you before, but I never really got the chance.”

You removed the ring from the silk and placed the box on your knee. You examined it closely, taking note of the ocean blue stone held to the white gold band. You didn’t know if it was just the light streaming through the water dome, but it seemed like the ring was glowing. You brought the ring closer to your face when you saw small letters etched into the inside of the band.

‘To my Angel, From your Guardian’

“Do you like it?” he asked nervously.

You looked up from the ring and gave him a soft smile, “I love it.”

Suho relaxed a bit and took the ring from your hand. You could feel your heart pounding in your chest and butterflies filling your stomach as he carefully slid the ring onto your left ring finger.

He sighed in relief when the ring slid on with no problem and stayed on your finger, “Okay, I got the right size.”

You held your hand out for both of you to see and grinned at its beauty.

“It looks good,” he smiled.

You let out a laugh and threw your arms around his neck, pulling him into a sudden kiss.

Suho jerked back and his eyes widened in shock. Since he never expected you to kiss him, his concentration broke and he lost control on the water that he was holding over your heads.

“Ah!” you pulled away from Suho and screamed when the dome of water fell on the both of you, soaking you from head to toe.

“Sorry,” Suho chuckled, “I didn’t expect you to kiss me like that.”

You looked at the way his drenched hair was falling into his eyes and his face was starting to turn red. Your eyes moved down to his shirt which was pretty much see through now and was clinging to his chest and (very well defined) abs. After looking down at your own wet clothes, you couldn’t help but laugh at the whole situation.

“It’s okay,” you said, unhooking your arms from his neck and covering your mouth with your hands.

Suho smiled at you and soon joined you as well, laughing at the both of you as you both just sat soaking wet on the grass.

When your laughter died down, Suho reached over to you and pulled you to sit on his lap. You leaned against him and he took your hand into his, looking at the ring on your finger as it glinted in the sunlight.

“I’m glad you like it,” he mumbled before pressing his lips against your shoulder.

“I’ll never take it off,” you promised, turning your shoulders so you could face him.

“Promise?” he asked, leaning his forehead against yours.

“I promise,” you whispered back before he pressed his lips to yours. 

---

So I kind of imagined the ring to look like this, if any of you are wondering what color blue I was thinking of. But I might update again later tonight, really depends if I find the motivation to finish the chapter I'm working on. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc

P.S. Hyunwoo is coming back in the next chapter ;)