Thirty-Six

The Fallen

 

You took a deep breath and tucked your hair behind your ears as you looked at yourself in the mirror of the small bathroom that was connected to your hospital room.

You smoothed out the skirt of your dress with your hands and adjusted your sweater so it rested nicely on your shoulders. It felt good to be out of that hospital gown and matching pajama-like pants. You puffed out your cheeks as you shifted your weight from one ballet flat clad foot to the other.

You whipped your head around when you heard a knock on the door.

"Miyoung," Suho said through the door, "Are you ready to go? Your parents are already waiting in the lobby."

"I'll be out in a minute," you called back.

You looked over your appearance once more, making sure that everything was in place, before nodding and walking out of the bathroom.

Suho looked up from his feet and kicked off of the wall he was leaning against as you took a few small steps towards him.

"Do I look okay?" you asked nervously.

Suho's eyes swept over your figure from head to toe, "You look perfect."

He handed you your messenger bag that held all of your wallet, cell phone, and other personal belongings. You slung the bag over your shoulder as Suho held up an arm.

"Ready?"

You nodded your head and looped your arm through his before the two of you left the room.

---

"Don't be nervous," Suho said calmly as you fidgeted next to him, "You're meeting your parents, not the President."

"That doesn't make me feel any better," you muttered as you kept your eyes on the flashing numbers that got lower and lower as you both rode the elevator down to the lobby.

Suho slipped his hand into yours and gave it a soft squeeze, "Calm down."

You took a few deep breaths as you tried to do what Suho said.

"Oh, my god," you squeezed his hand tightly when the letter 'L' flashed on the small screen above the door.

The two doors slid open and you struggled a little when Suho pulled you out into the lobby.

"No, I don't want to go," you shook your head, "Let's just go back up to the room."

"It’s going to be okay," he whispered into your ear as the two of you approached a couple standing in the middle of the lobby with their backs facing you.

You your lips and took a deep breath.

"Mom, dad," you called out softly.

The man and woman turned around and their eyes widened in shock and relief.

"Miyoung!" the woman cried as you slipped your hand out of Suho's and ran into their arms.

Suho stuffed his hands into his pockets as he watched the two parents reunite with their daughter.

"Miyoung," your mom choked out as she placed your face in between her hands, "We've missed you so much."

You felt tears spring to your eyes as you looked at your parents, "I missed you too."

You laughed when your mother pulled you into another tight hug.

You father looked over your shoulder at Suho who was smiling at the scene before him.

"Thank you so much for letting us know about our daughter, Joonmyun-sshi," he thanked the boy in the white coat.

"It was my pleasure, Mr. Hwang," Suho nodded, "I'm glad you could be reunited with Miyoung again."  

Your father clapped Suho on his shoulder, "I don’t know how we could ever thank you enough."

"Don't worry about it, sir," Suho shook his head, "I was glad I could help."

"You really are an angel," your mother laughed.

"I wouldn't say an angel, Mrs. Hwang," Suho laughed and connected his eyes with yours, "More like a Guardian."

You felt your cheeks flush when he gave you a playful wink that went unnoticed by your parents.

Your father glanced down at his watch and sighed, "We better get going. It's a going to be a long drive back to Cheongju."

"Thank you so much again," your mother thanked Suho and gave him a warm hug.

Your father nodded and gave Suho a firm hand shake, "We promise the next time we're in Seoul, we'll take you out for a meal."

"That sounds great," Suho smiled.

"Come on, Miyoung," your mother tugged on your hand.

You looked between your parents and Suho, "I'll be right there."

Your parents gave you a nod, "We'll wait outside."

You clasped your hands behind your back as you stood in front of Suho.

"So I guess this is it," he sighed.

"Not really," you shrugged, "I'm still a phone call away."

"Cheongju is a ways from Seoul," Suho pointed out.

"True," you nodded your head slowly, "But there's always the train."

Suho scuffed his foot against the tile floor before he pulled you into a sudden hug.

"I'm going to miss you anyways," he murmured into your hair.

You smiled and wrapped your arms around his neck, "Me too."

You both pulled away with a sigh.

"Take care," Suho mumbled as he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"You too," you grinned.

You glanced over your shoulder to see your parents patiently waiting for you right outside the glass doors.

"I should get going," you motioned to your parents with your head, "Call me when you're free for that date, okay?"

Suho nodded his head but still felt his heart clench a little at the thought of you leaving.

You got up on your toes and quickly peck him on the cheek before dashing towards your parents.

You looked over your shoulder and almost laughed out loud when you saw a stunned Suho staring after you. You gave him one last wave before opening the door and joining your parents.

Suho smiled to himself as he watched you walked off with your parents before he sighed and he turned around, heading back towards the elevator. 

---

Another chapter. Sorry if I'm bombarding you guys with updates, but I really want to get all the chapter out to you guys. If you are ever confused about anything that is going on, don't be afraid to message me here and I'll try to clear up anything that you guys are confused about!

~Admin Kelc