Eighteen

The Fallen

 

You stomped into the kitchen and placed your hands on your hips as you glared at the eleven confused Guardians who were eating their breakfast.

“Why are you looking at us like that?” Chen asked, awkwardly glancing around.

“You guys knew, didn’t you?” you narrowed your eyes and made sure to make contact with each one of them.

“Knew what?” Kris raised an eyebrow.

“That I’m an Angel,” you deadpanned.

Their eyes widened and they took startled glances at each other.

“What are you talking about?” Xiumin faked a scoff, his voice getting higher towards the end of his question.

“Suho told me everything last night, so don’t even think about lying to me.”

The boys avoided your eyes and stared intently down at their breakfast.

“I’m waiting,” you crossed your arms over your chest and tapped your foot impatiently.

The boys made motions at each other as you waited for an explanation of why they didn’t say anything before. You weren’t really angry at them, but you kept up your act because seeing them flustered was too just funny.

“Good morning,” Suho chimed from behind you.

The boys let out sighs in relief as Suho entered the kitchen.

“You guys aren’t off the hook,” you kept your eyes on them, ignoring the confused boy who was standing next to you, “You still haven’t given me an explanation.”

“Well, um we didn’t know if we were allowed to tell you,” Lay said quietly, “I mean, Suho didn’t say anything so we just thought that we shouldn’t say anything either…”

"That's not a good reason!" you stomped your foot on the ground.

"And that's our cue to leave," Chanyeol said. He and Baekhyun quickly picked up their plates and placed them in the sink, stuffing the last of their grilled cheeses in their mouths.

"Good call," Tao nodded, following their lead.

"Wait! I'm not done with you guys yet!" you knitted your eyebrows together as you watched as all the boys quickly leave the kitchen.

"Have a nice day, Miyoung!" Luhan smiled and ruffled your hair a bit before running into the living room, leaving only you, Suho, and Kris left in the kitchen.

You huffed and blew some hair out of your face.

"Hey, calm down," Suho laughed and tucked some hair behind your ear, "They meant well."

You felt your rage instantly melt away when Suho wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you into a back hug.

“Aren’t you guys, like, forbidden to be together?” Kris asked with a small smile, glad to finally see his fellow leader happy again.

Suho looked back at him and smirked, “I really don’t care anymore.”

You let out a soft laugh when he buried his face in your neck and gently rocked the two of you side to side.

"Okay, now I feel kind of third-wheelish," Kris chuckled at the two of you and picked up his glass of orange juice off the counter, "I'll see you guys later."

You waved to Kris as Suho walked the both of you towards the island. Well, it was more of a waddle than a walk.

“Is cereal okay?” he asked as you sat on one of the stools.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” you rested your head in your hand and watched him grab two bowls from a cabinet.

He filled both bowls with cereal and milk before sliding one over to you with a spoon.

You scooped a spoonful of the flakes into your mouth and chewed slowly. Suho watched you from across the counter, studying your movements as he ate out of his own bowl.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked casually.

“Nothing much,” you mumbled, pushing your cereal around the pool of milk with your spoon, “I was just wondering if you ...”

Suho looked up from his bowl and waited for you to continue.

“Would be willing to teach me how to fight,” you finished.

“Fight?” he tilted his head to the side.

“Yeah, Demons,” you nodded, “I want to know how to kill them. So I can defend myself. I don’t just want to be one of those damsels in distress that you and the guys have to save all the time.”

Suho’s eyes softened when he saw you biting your lip, cheeks were slightly pink.

“Sure, I’ll teach you.”

“Really?” your eyes lit up.

He nodded and a sly smile appeared on his face, “But I’m going to warn you now, I’m not going to go easy on you just because you’re my girl.”

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, excitement still in your eyes, “I think I can handle it.”

---

You laid on the grass flat on your back and your arms and legs sprawled out as you tried to catch your breath.

“Come on, get up,” Suho stood over you.

“Just let me take a break for a few minutes,” you said breathlessly.

“No breaks!” he pulled you up by your hands, forcing you back onto your feet.

 You let out a sigh and pushed your hair over your shoulder before standing up straight.

“Okay, do you remember what to do?” Suho asked.

You nodded your head and took a few steps away from him, “When a Demon is coming at me, I need to stand my ground.”

Suho walked closer to you, playing the role of your attacker.

“When it gets close enough, grab its arm and twist it behind it back.”

You grabbed onto Suho’s arm and carefully twisted it behind his back, making sure not to really hurt him.

“Then kick its feet out from under it, making sure it lands flat on its back.”

You tapped Suho’s ankles with your foot and he laid down on his back.

“And…?” Suho gave you a look, saying you forgot something.

“Oh!” you clapped your hands and kneeled on the grass next to him, “Stab it!”

“Stab it where?” he narrowed his eyes.

“The middle of its forehead, right in its third eye,” you tapped the center of his forehead and recited the exact words that he said to you.

“Good,” Suho nodded and sat up, “Let’s try it all together.”

“I don’t know,” you said reluctantly, “Can’t we just keep doing it step by step?”

“No, I think you’re ready,” he jumped onto his feet and walked back to his starting position.

You stood up with nervous look on your face. Even though it was just Suho and this whole thing was all fake, you couldn’t help but feel your nerves starting to get to you. If you couldn’t do it correctly when practicing, there would be no way that you could kill a real Demon that attacked you.

“Are you ready?” he asked.

“I think so,” you said softly and took a deep breath.

Suho snapped into character and charged at you.

You stood your ground and grabbed his arm, twisting it just like you were supposed to.

“Ow!” Suho yelled.

“Sorry!” you gasped.

When you quickly let go of his arm, Suho grabbed you and pinned you to the ground under him, his hands clamping down on your wrists.

“Don’t ever do that,” Suho scolded you as you stared up at him in shock, “Demons are cunning. They will say things so you let them go and then they will attack you when you’re vulnerable.”

“Sorry,” you looked away from him, “I thought I had actually hurt you.”

“Don’t worry about me,” he gave you a comforting smile, “And if you hurt me, that’s a good thing. That means that you’re doing it right.”

You jerked your head backwards further into the grass and your eyes turned huge when he leaned down at placed a quick peck on your lips. You stared at him in shock, your mouth slightly agape, when he pulled away and gave you a smile.

‘Did he really just … kiss me? Just like that?’

“That’s a distraction, don’t let it affect your concentration,” he smirked and laughed as got off of you.

You pursed your lips and knitted your eyebrows together before swiftly getting back on your feet.

“Let’s go again.”

---

Here's another chapter for all of you! I will be posting a couple of requests since it's been a while since my last one so please look out for those. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc