Final

The Fallen

 

"Good job with that patient, Joonmyun," Dr. Lee nodded approvingly, "At the rate you're working, I think there might be a position here for you after you graduate."

"Thank you, sir," Suho smiled.

"You know what? Why don't you turn in early today?" Dr. Lee took the clipboard from Suho's hands.

"Okay," Suho nodded, "Thank you so much."

"See you tomorrow," the older man waved and walked down the hall.

Suho sighed as he walked in the opposite direction to the employee locker room. He stepped into the empty locker room and walked over to his assigned locker. He quickly twisted the dial on his locker and opened the metal door.

He shrugged out of his white doctor's coat and hung it up on the small hook that was attached to one wall of the locker. He pulled out a duffle bag and changed from his dress shirt, slacks, and dress shoes into a black sweater, dark jeans, and a pair of converse.

He sat down on the bench in front of his locker and quickly tied his shoes, checking his watch after he did so.

Suho slowly ped one of the side pockets of his bag and pulled out a silver chain. He rested the necklace in his palm and looked at the two rings that hung on the chain.

One was a simple silver band almost exactly the same as the one on the fourth finger of his right hand. And the other was a simple white gold band with an ocean blue stone in the middle.

Suho felt his throat clog up and tears start to prick at his eyes as he stared down at the two rings.

"This is for your own good, Miyoung," he whispered as he stared at the ring that you once wore around your finger.

"Hyung."

Suho quickly blinked his eyes and looked up to see Sehun standing in the doorway, dressed in all black like him.

"Come on, we have to go," the younger Guardian said, "Lay hyung called and said that there's a few Demons causing trouble down town."

"Yeah sorry, I'll be out in a second," the leader cleared his throat and reached up to clasped the necklace around his neck. Suho quickly tucked the necklace and two rings into his shirt.

"Is everything okay?" Sehun stepped into the locker room and leaned against the lockers.

"Yeah, everything is fine," Suho mumbled as he zipped up his duffle bag and kicked the door of his locker shut with his foot.

"How's Miyoung?" Sehun asked, knowing you were on Suho's mind.

"Her parents picked her up today and took her home," he said quickly.

"I don't get why you lied to her," Sehun mumbled and scuffed his foot against the ground, "Why did you make her believe that she's not an Angel?"

"It's for her own safety," he mumbled back, "I don't want her to worry about Demons chasing after her every second of her life."

"I still don't get it," Sehun pouted.

"Don't worry about it anymore Sehun-ah," Suho sighed, "She's with her parents and she's safe now."

"There's still something that really confuses me," Sehun tilted his head to the side.

"And what would that be?" Suho asked as he picked up his duffle bag and the two of them exited the locker room.

"Her parents were just reunited with their daughter who apparently went missing for five years. We know that she became an Angel during that time, but isn't it still a little strange how they aren't asking any questions about how you found her? Or even knew that she was a missing person?"

"I don't think they really care at this point," Suho shrugged, "They're just happy to have her back."

"That's true," the younger boy nodded after thinking about it for a few moments.

The two boys quietly exited the hospital through the back door and walked towards their car that was parked behind the building.

Suho threw his bag in the trunk before sliding into the driver's seat. They both quickly buckled their seatbelts and Suho threw the car into reverse before they sped out of the hospital's parking lot.  

"So are you ever going to tell her the truth?" Sehun asked after a few minutes of silent driving, "That she's really an Angel and everything was real?"

"Maybe, if it's really necessary," Suho took a glance at him before directing his eyes back on the road.

"Will we ever get to see her again?"

"Yeah, don't worry, you guys will," Suho nodded with a smile, "I'm taking her out for lunch sometime. I don’t know when, but I'll be sure she meets you guys again."

"I feel bad for you though, Hyung," Sehun frowned, "You have to start all over with her, again."

Suho flipped on his indicator and to the street where the Demons were, "It's better this way."

Sehun blew a raspberry as Suho parked on the side of the road.

When they got out of the car and slammed the doors shut, they saw that there were more than just a few Demons fighting against the other Guardians who were already there.

"A little help would be nice," Chen yelled when he saw the leader and youngest of the group standing next to the car.

Sehun glanced at Suho and gave the leader a nod before he ran over to help the other members.

Suho proudly watched the ten Guardians for a few minutes. He closed his eyes clutched the two rings, yours and Kris's, through his shirt.

He took a deep breath and formed a water whip in his hand before opening his eyes and joining the battle. 

---

And that's a wrap! OMG cries. I never imagined investing so much of my time into one story! When I started this story over a month ago, I didn't think that it would be this successful. I want to thank all of you who followed this story and went through all the emotional turmoil that I've put you through. 

If any of you have any questions about anything from the story (i.e. things that you want to be cleared up, personal inspiration for the story), I will be doing a Q&A chapter so leave your questions HERE and I'll make another chapter/post answering all of those. 

Again, I can't thank you all enough for your support! And Admin Li is working on her own chapter story Shared Memories, so please check it out! 

I'll see you guys another time with requests that I really should be writing. So until then!

~Admin Kelc