Nineteen

The Fallen

 

“Hyung, why are you dressed like that?” Sehun asked when he walked into the kitchen and his eyes landed on Suho who was dressed in a white t-shirt and a pair of khaki shorts.

“I’m going hiking with Miyoung,” he responded as he grabbed two bottles of water and placed them on the counter, "You know, to build her stamina since she's training right now."

“Oh,” he nodded with a knowing smile, “I see. Are you taking her to that -”

“Good morning,” you chimed, bouncing into the kitchen clad in a pair of running shorts and a loose v-neck.

“Morning,” they smiled back at you.

“Come on, let’s go,” you waved towards the door.

“Whoa there, hold on,” he laughed and placed his hands on your shoulders, sitting you on a stool, “You need to eat some breakfast first.”

You stretched your arms out and grabbed a banana out of the fruit basket, “There! Let’s go!”

Suho rolled his eyes and shook his head when you hopped off of the stool and shuffled over to the door.

“We’ll probably be back at around two,” Suho told the younger boy as he placed the water bottles in his backpack.

“I’ll hold down fort,” Sehun gave him a salute, “You can count on me!”

“Okay, I trust you,” Suho laughed as he walked out of the kitchen, “See you later.”

“Hurry up!” you called from the door, your shoes already on your feet and your backpack already on strapped to your back.

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” he laughed and walked towards the door to put on his shoes.

You rocked on your heels, patiently waiting for him to finish tying his laces.

Suho pulled on the two loops, tightening the knot before standing up.

"Okay, let's go."

---

“Are you sure you know where we’re going?” you asked Suho as you followed his lead.

Suho took you on an unmarked trail north of the mansion’s clearing, one that he said that he would take all the time when he went hiking in that part of the forest. The two of you had already been hiking for at least half an hour, going deeper and deeper into the forest. You did appreciate the beauty of your surroundings, how everything was so natural and untouched by human hands. Although you loved it in the forest, you didn’t want to get lost and be stuck in there forever however.

“Yes I am sure,” he scoffed playfully, “You don’t have faith in me?”

“Of course, I have faith in you!” you denied and gave him an innocent smile, “I was just curious, that’s all.”

“Oh sure you were,” he played along but then turned serious, “But, honestly, you never really had any faith in me before.”

Your smile fell and you felt your stomach suddenly drop, “I didn’t?”

Suho turned his head to look at you and felt his heart clench when he saw you staring down at your shoes, your bright eyes slowing starting to dim.

“No, that’s not what I meant,” he said quickly, waving his hands in front of him, "You just worried about me a lot."

“You at lying,” you frowned.

Suho stopped walking and grabbed your arm, spinning you around to face him, “Miyoung -”

“It’s really frustrating,” you muttered as you looked over his shoulder at a random tree, refusing to meet his eyes, “Not remembering. Whatever I did wrong in the past, I don’t remember it so I can’t even take ownership for what I did. I don’t remember anything at all for that matter, nothing. I don’t remember what it was like being an Angel. I don’t remember what it was like visiting people when they died. I don’t even remember meeting you.”

Suho’s heart was breaking as he watched you bit you lip and blink rapidly, trying to keep your frustrated tears from falling. He didn’t say anything and just took you into his arms.

“Why are you doing this?” you whispered, “It must hurt you to know that out of all the memories we had together, I can't even recall a single one. Why are you still willing to be with me?”

Suho pulled away and looked into your eyes, "Because I love you," he whispered, willing you to believe him.

You felt your heart skip a beat and your breathing stop when the words left his mouth. You opened your mouth to say something, but it seemed like your vocal chords stopped working.

"I will never stop loving you," he continued, "Even if you stopped loving me."

You closed your mouth and bit the inside of your cheek as you threw you arms around Suho's waist and buried your face into his chest. You couldn't understand how he could continue to love you, someone who couldn't even remember her own past. But maybe that was just who he was. Maybe he just loved you that much.

And in that moment, you realized you felt the same.

"I love you too," your voice was muffled by his shirt but it was still clear enough for him to hear.

Suho felt his heart explode inside of his chest. It wasn't the bad kind of exploding, the kind that was filled with regret and sorrow. The kind of exploding that he was feeling was filled with happiness, warmth, and love.

A huge smile appeared on his face as he wrapped his arms tightly around you and rested his chin on the top of your head.

You didn't know how long the two of you stayed like that, it could have been hours for all you cared.

You frowned a little when Suho pulled away, already missing his warmth.

He let out a content sigh and looked into your eyes, his eyes shining like you've never seen them before.

"Come on, we need to get going if we're going to make it before noon," he said as he took a hold of one of your hands and laced his fingers between yours.

You smiled up at him and squeezed his hand a little before the two of you continued your hike.

---

My update for today. I've been reading all of your comments lately and you all seem to be very interested in Hyunwoo. But don't worry, like I said before, he will be coming back later in the story. He actually has a huge part in the plot so I'm glad all of you are taking note in him! As of now, I'm really just setting things up for later chapters, so please bare with me and I would also really appreciate if you guys pay attention to what is happening in these chapters instead of worrying about Hyunwoo because some of the details in the past few updates are really important! Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc