Thirty-Four

The Fallen

 

"I tried to tell her that those shoes did not match with that dress but she just wouldn't listen to me! Isn't that ridiculous? … Suho?"

Suho's attention snapped back to the girl who was standing in front of him.

"Huh?"

"Don't you agree with me that she was just being ridiculous?" the girl, he was pretty sure that her name was Jihyun, repeated her question.

Even though Suho wasn't listening, he could tell by her tone that she was expecting a certain answer.

"Oh, yeah, totally," he mumbled with a slight nod of the head.

"See, I knew I was right," she flipped her hair over her shoulder, "So anyways."

Jihyun continued on her ramble even though Suho was making it quite clear that he wasn't very interested. He tried changing the conversation numerous times, but somehow they would always end up talking about whatever she wanted.   

He stared down at the soda in his hand before his eyes flicked back to the figure he was gazing at.

'She's beautiful,' he thought when his eyes landed on you once again, 'Like an angel.'

You were leaning against the metal railing alone with a drink in your hand. Your hair and the skirt of your dress would tousle every now and then in slight, summer night breeze. Your head was tipped back as you gazed at the bright stars that were shining in the sky.

For the past hour, Suho enviously watched multiple guys approach you, try to talk to you, or get you to dance with them. But, to his utmost relief, you would give each of them an apologetic smile before they left with their heads hanging.  

"You know it's not polite to stare right?"

Suho snapped his head around to see a smirking blonde standing next to him.

"Kris, that was not funny," Suho muttered to his friend as the latter chuckled.

"Sorry, man, but if you continue to stare at that girl like that," he pointed to you, "you might just burn holes through her."

Suho hung his head in an attempt to hide his flushed face. He his eyes widened suddenly and he looked around when he noticed that Jihyun was no longer standing next him.

"Where did -?"

"The girl you were talking to go?" Kris cut him off and raised an eyebrow, "Well more like the girl that was talking to you …Whatever. She left ten minutes ago."

"Oh," Suho said plainly, feeling no hints of guilt or regret at all.

The two boys lapsed into silence as their eyes scanned the party that was going on around them.

"So are you going to go talk to her or what?" Kris asked suddenly.

"What are you talking about?" Suho feigned ignorance.

Kris gave him a look and jerked his head towards your figure.

"No, no way," Suho shook his head.

"Why not?" Kris asked, "It doesn't seem like she's here with anyone."

"Yeah, but she's rejected every guy that went up to her tonight," Suho said warily, "Plus, I don't think that she'll find me very appealing anyways."

"Bro, you're a med student, girls dig that. So go talk to her," Kris took the younger boy by the shoulders and faced him towards you, "If she shoots you down, it's her loss."

Suho made a whining noise as Kris pushed him towards you.

"Good luck," Kris patted him on the shoulder before disappearing into the crowd.

"Kris!" Suho called out but frowned when he could no longer see his friend.

'Well I guess it doesn't hurt to try,' he reasoned in his head.

Suho took a deep breath and fixed his blazer before walking up to you.  

---

You were staring over the metal bars, watching the ocean lap against the side of the yacht. You drummed your fingers on the railing and pouted your lips, totally bored out of your mind.

"The ocean's pretty calm tonight."

You turned your head to see an auburn haired boy standing next to you and looking over the railing at the water.

"Yeah, it is," you responded.

The boy tilted his head back and looked up, "The stars are pretty bright too."

You stared at the boy as his eyes traced different constellations in the sky.

"Is this your way of flirting with me?" you asked suspiciously.

 His eyes widened and he snapped his head towards you, "No!" he lied, "I was just-"

"Well that's too bad," you cut him off as you stared out at the horizon, "You were doing the best out of all the guys who tried to flirt with me tonight."

"R-Really?" he stuttered.

You gave him a playful smile and nodded your head.

"I'm Joonmyun," Suho introduced himself quickly, "But my friends call me Suho."

"Miyoung," you responded quietly.

"So why are you at this party?" Suho asked, trying to spark a conversation.

"My friend dragged me here," you pouted and playing with your empty can of ginger ale between your hands, "Parties aren't really my thing."

"Mine either," Suho said quietly.

"Then what are you doing here?" you asked.

"Same reason as you, my friends made me come. They said, 'Suho, you study too much! Let's go have some fun!' But now that I think about it," Suho said with a thoughtful expression, "I'm pretty sure they made me come to this particular party because there's no way for me to leave."

"Well you technically could," you smirked, "But I hope you're a good swimmer if you want to try."

"I do enjoy the water," he laughed.

You tried to suppress your smile and looked down at the empty can in your hands.

"Do you want me to get you another one of those?" he asked.

"Oh, sure," you smiled when he took the can from you, "Thanks."

"No problem," he shook his head, "Stay here, I'll be right back."

---

Suho tossed the two cans that were in his hands into a bin before he headed down to the main deck of the yacht. He walked over to a cooler and pulled out two fresh cans of ginger ale. Smiling down at the cans, he headed back to the upper deck where you were waiting for him but ran into a group of boys along the way.

"Hyung!" Sehun beamed and bounced over to Suho followed by a few of his other friends.

Suho nodded to the other boys, "Hey guys, I'd really like to stay and chat but-"

"Why do you have two drinks?" Luhan asked.

"Is one for a girl?" Baekhyun smirked.

"Oh! Is it for that girl that Kris was talking about?" Tao asked with wide eyes.

"Yes and yes," Suho answered D.O and Tao, "So if would please excuse me."

"Wait a second!" the boys latched onto Suho's arms and pulled him back, "We're not done with you mister."

But before they could interrogate him anymore, they heard screams coming from the upper deck. After rushing up the stairs, the boys saw everyone leaning over the railing of one side of the deck.

"Where's Miyoung?" Suho asked no one in particular as his eyes quickly scanned the crowd and zeroed in on a familiar figure.

"Jihyun," Suho grabbed her by the shoulder after shoving the two cans of soda in D.O's arms.

She had her hands over and her eyes were starting to water.

"Where's Miyoung?" Suho asked her, "What happened?"

"I-I saw you two talking and I got jealous that you were giving her so much attention so I confronted her," she confessed shakily, "We got into an argument and I accidently shoved her harder than I thought I did. She fell over the railing into the water and she's not coming up! I'm so sorry Suho!" she sobbed.

Suho stared at the hysteric girl standing in front of him before he quickly took off his blazer and threw it to the side. Everyone gasped when they saw him climb up onto the railing and dive into the water to save you.

---

Double update! But I'm not done yet, there is more on the way :)

~Admin Kelc