Fifteen

The Fallen

 

"Get back!" Hyunwoo yelled and pushed you behind him before he punched one of the Demons in the face and sent it staggering backwards into a bookcase.

You watched, paralyzed with fear as the second Demon jumped onto Hyunwoo and wrestled him to the ground.

"Run!" he yelled as he continued to struggle against the Demon, "Hurry!"

You came to your senses when you saw the first Demon beginning to get to its feet. After giving Hyunwoo one last look, you sprinted towards the open door.

You quickly looked around when you stepped into the hall.

"Which way?" you said out loud as you debated which direction to start running.

"She escaped!"

You snapped your head to the right and your eyes widened when you saw three Demons standing in the hallway, one of them pointing a clawed finger at you.

"Not that way," you mumbled under your breath as you ran in the other direction, the Demons right on your tail.

You started turning down random halls, not even knowing if you were getting closer to the exit or not. You threw quick glances over your shoulder to check if the Demons were following you. Although they weren't in sight, you didn't slow your pace.

When you turned another corner, you collided with a mass and froze in your place, squeezing your eyes shut. If this Demon was going to kill you, you definitely didn't want to its face before it did.

"Miyoung!"

You opened your eyes and looked up to see Tao staring back down at you, his hands gripping your arms.

"Tao!" you stared up at him in shock, not really believing he was standing in front of you.

"I’m so glad I found you, but we have to run," he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and led you down the hallway, "My powers don't fully work in this place for some reason."

You followed Tao's lead and jogged down various hallways until the two of you reach a grand staircase that led to the front door.

Below the two of on the first floor, you saw all the boys of Exo fighting dozens of Demons. They were clearly outnumbered but it seemed like they were moving with super speed, or were the Demons just moving in slow motion? You guessed this is what Tao meant when he said his time control powers didn't fully work here.

Suho quickly blasted the Demon that he was fighting with an orb of water and sent it flying backwards. Chen grabbed it by the neck and pressed his palm to its forehead, sending a bolt of electricity through its head and killing it instantly.

"Hyung!" Tao called as the two of you ran down the steps.

Suho looked up and his started running towards the staircase when his eyes landed on you.

"Miyoung!" he weaved his way through the boys and Demons, meeting you at the base of the staircase.

You jumped off the last stair and into Suho's outstretched arms, burying your face into the crook of his neck as he held on to you for dear life.

"Thank goodness you're okay," he breathed, pressing he cheek to the top of your head, "I was so worried about you."

You fisted the sides of his black shirt in your hands and leaned your head against his chest, closing your eyes and not even caring that there were a bunch of Demons a few feet away from you.

Suho placed a hand lightly on the back of your head and craned his neck, "Kai!"

Kai flipped a small knife in his hand and stabbed a Demon square in the forehead, "Yeah?" he called back as the Demon turned into a cloud of dust.

"Come here," the older boy motioned towards the two of you.

Kai quickly teleported himself across the room and stood in front of you and Suho.

"I need you to take Miyoung back to Homebase," he said over the top of your head.

Kai nodded without another word and took a step away from the two of you, giving you space to talk.

Suho pried you off of him and bent his head down to look into your eyes, "Kai's going to take you back, okay?"

You nodded your head but suddenly stopped and looked back up the stairs.

"What about Hyunwoo?" you asked with worry.

"Who?" Suho narrowed his eyes.

"Hyunwoo, he's the one that untied me and he's still up there," you looked up at Suho with wide eyes, "Demons were attacking him."

"Okay, we'll be sure to check on him after we finish up here," Suho said hurriedly and gently pushed you towards Kai.

"Suho," you grabbed onto his shirt, feeling that he was only just saying those words to appease you.

"We will," he insisted, "But right now, I just have to make sure you get back to Homebase where it's safe, you need to go with Kai."

You reluctantly let go of his shirt, "Be safe."

Suho flashed you a smile, "I will," he nodded before forming a water whip in his hands and jumping back into the action.

"Okay," Kai held his arms out to the side as you turned around to face him, "Wrap your arms around me."

You raised an eyebrow at him, "Really?"

"I'm being totally serious right now. Do it if you want to make it back to Homebase in one piece."

You let out a sigh and did as you were told. Hugging Kai was definitely not like hugging Suho. You didn't think it was bad, just different. But honestly, you preferred being in Suho's arms more.

"Hold on tight," Kai ordered as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pushed your face into his chest. 

A loud crack filled your ears and then everything went silent. You lifted your head from Kai's chest and looked around, finding yourself standing in the foyer of the mansion.

"Home sweet home," the boy next you hummed as you let out a relieved sigh.

"Come on," Kai threw an arm around your shoulders, "You go take a shower and I'll make something to warm you up. How does that sound?"

"Sounds great actually," you weakly laughed as Kai led you up the stairs. 

---

And another chapter is done. We're actually almost halfway through the story folks! Sorry it took so long to get this up, my Second Invasion Evolution DVD came in and I've been spazzing over it for the past four hours OTL But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

~Admin Kelc