Two

The Fallen

 

You stood rooted in your spot and stared at the hoard of Demons that was making its way down the beach, shock paralyzing your body. You could hear their cackles from where you were standing and it was probably the most repulsive thing you had ever heard in your entire life. If evil was to have a sound, it would probably be the sound of their laugh.

"Run!" the boy yelled and grabbed your arm before pulling you towards the forest that lined the beach.

You stumbled over your feet a little, but quickly regained your balance as you stepped off of the sand and onto a dirt path that wound between trees that each stood at least fifty feet tall. 

The boy tightened his hold onto your arm as he darted from left to right, dodging trees and random roots sticking out of the ground. You took worried glances over your shoulder, knowing that the Demons were fast movers and could be easily catching up. You could hear the faint sounds of leaves being rustled and twigs on the ground being snapped behind you.

"Where are we going?" you asked, trying to keep up with him.

"I'll tell you later," he replied as he made a sharp turn to the left and pulled you along with him.  

Soon after the two of you started running, you could feel yourself starting to slow down. The boy, who was pretty much dragging your tired body around, slowed down as well but still continued to move at a quick pace.

"We have to keep moving," he insisted when you yanked your arm out of his hand and hunched over, putting your hands on your knees.

"I'm tired," you wheezed, trying to catch your breath, "I can't breathe."

The boy looked at you in worry before he lightly placed a hand on your back and rubbed small circles as your breathing started to even.

You stood up straight and pushed some hair that escaped your braid out of your face.

He looked at you in concern, "Are you -"

But his question was cut off when the both of you heard a twig snap close by.

"Come here," he said under his breath and pulled you off the path.

The two of you went far enough into the thick of the forest that it would be too dark for anyone to see you, but you both could still see the path relatively clearly.

The boy hid you behind a tree that hand a trunk wider than both of your bodies. He then stood behind you and placed his hands on the tree trunk so you were trapped between his arms, shielding your body with his own.

You turned your head slight towards him and moved your eyes up to land on his face. You could see that his jaw was clenched and his eyes were set on the path that the two of you were just standing on a few seconds ago. You felt your face starting to get warm when you realized how close your face was to his and how your back was almost pressed up against his chest.

'What am I doing?! There are monsters chasing after me and I'm concerned about how this boy is pretty much hugging me?!' you mentally knocked yourself in the head, 'I don't even know this kid!'

You shook away the thoughts as you peered around the tree trunk.

You held your breath when a Demon came into your view. You felt the boy move closer to you as another water spike already started to form in his hand.

"I swear they were here," the Demon croaked.

You bowed your head down towards the ground when its voice reached your ears, a grimace on your face.

Your head snapped up when the boy tightly wrapped an arm around your waist. You glanced around the tree trunk and instantly recoiled into his embrace when you saw the Demon taking a step towards the two of you.

"I think they went-"

"Hey, we need to go," another Demon appeared on the path.

"What why?" the first asked, turning away from you and the boy.

"The sun's about to rise," the second pointed up to the sky that was starting to turn a purplish color.

The first Demon turned back towards the tree you were hiding behind, "But-"

"We'll find her another night," the other hissed between its teeth, "Even if you did manage to find her, it wouldn't be long until the sun makes your vision go bad and she'd get away."

The first Demon took glances between your hiding spot and its colleague, debating whether or not to follow its gut instinct.

"Let's go," the second Demon ordered.

The first let out a reluctant sigh before turning around and stepping back onto the dirt path.

You and the boy standing behind you silently followed the two Demons with your eyes as they walked back towards the beach.

When they were out of sight and out of earshot, you both relaxed and let out sighs in relief.

"That was a close one," the boy said as he took a step away from you and threw the water spike to the side into a bunch of ferns.

You wordlessly followed him back onto the path and wrapped your arms around yourself.

"Hanging in there?" he asked as he brushed some dirt off of your sweater.

You nodded your head silently and gave him a small smile.

He was so nice to you and you didn't even know why. He was pretty much risking his own life to protect you even though two of only just met about an hour ago. And he would always ask if you were okay, as if you were someone that he knew for ages.

"Okay, come on," he jerked his head to the side and started to walk down the path in the opposite direction that the Demons went.

"So, where are we going again?" you asked for the second time as you took quick steps to catch up to him.

"Somewhere safe," he answered mysteriously, still not answering your question, "I promise," he insisted when you gave him a suspicious look.

You narrowed your eyes at him but decided to drop it and trust him. He did just save your life after all.

"Oh, I just realized that I didn't even tell you my name," he laughed and gave you a smile that could melt any girl's heart, "I'm Kim Joonmyun, but you can call me Suho."

---

Wow, it took two entire chapters for you to find out Suho's name LOL. But I'm pretty sure most of you knew it was him already! But can we all just take a minute and imagine Suho pulling us against his chest? And his abs?! /fangirlscreech Well, anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and until next time!

~Admin Kelc