47

Backstage Princess

“Woah, somebody is in his killer mood today.” Sunggyeol exclaim, as he spotted gloomy aura surround Myungsoo.

The morning was supposed to feel nice, right? When the sun rises up to the sky, shining brightly as it heats the day.Its morning and its summer, having a bright sun should rose your spirit up, yet it wasn’t the case for Kim Myungsoo. He was definitely in a bad mood, his gloomy and mysterious aura come back.

“He’s definitely a mess. What happen to him?” Hoya asked Sunggyu.

“Like I do know, Hoya.” Sunggyu replied, having a headache just thinking about Myungsoo’s bad mood.

“Let me guess, girl problems?” Sunggyeol asked innocently.

“Shhhh… Shut up, Sunggyeol! You don’t want to be hit by him, do you?” Sunggyu shrugs him off.

“Of course, I don’t!” He exclaimed.

“Then shut that mouth of yours, Sungyeol!” Hoya warns.

“Who wants to talk to him? I definitely don’t want to!” Sunggyu said as he ran away from the class.

“I don’t want to get hit by him!” Sungyeol ran after Sunggyu, leaving Hoya behind.

“That is supposed to be me.” Hoya sighed as he walks closer to Myungsoo.

Hoya could smell it, something fishy. Myungsoo didn’t talk much and he didn’t brag about Jieun. He didn’t even search for Jieun. Actually, it’s not just today but also a week ago. They didn’t talk to each other and Jieun didn’t left a lunch box on his desk. They take a glance of each other from a far, they’re keeping their distant.

“We’re going to the beach on summer, want to come?” Hoya started the conversation lightly.

“Sure.” A simple answer with a very cold tone.

“It’s morning, you know. It’s not a right time going all moody.”

“It’s my right, Hoya. Just leave me alone.”

“Is it Jieun? I know you have fallen for her.” Hoya stated, right to the point.

Myungsoo looked up, unable to believe what he had just heard. He glares at the younger boy. No, this is a game, he can’t fall for her. This is supposed to be a cruel game. How could this thing suddenly hurt him deeply?

“I don’t, Hoya. I would never fall for her.”

“But she’s your problem, isn’t she?” Hoya took a seat in front of him, replying his glare.

“Geez, Hoya! She is! She is!” A frustrated Myungsoo suddenly shouted. His fingers clutching each other tightly, forming a fist.

“What has she done to you?”

“She hates me! She can’t be happy with me! I heard it all!”

“Myungsoo, have you gone crazy?”

“She said it Hoya. She said it that she didn’t love me, she can’t be happy with me.”

It was something Hoya couldn’t help but agree. Jieun might seem to be in love with Myungsoo, but deep down it was something different. Hoya has seen Jieun before, he has known Jieun before and Jieun has actually experience a first love. She might yet to notice it, but he knows she was in love. And he knows she is still waiting for the exact same guy.

“You can be on your killer mood all the time, L. But don’t ever dare to hurt her.” Hoya warns.

He might be a part of Myungsoo’s game, Jieun might have hated him so much, but he still is a childhood friends of her. He can’t never let her get hurt and stood still watching her crumble.

“Hurt her? This is a game, Hoya.”

“Don’t ever dare taking her to the beach, Myungsoo.” Hoya left.


It gave Myungsoo an idea, Hoya’s words. She can’t be happy because of him, why don’t he let her suffers? So she hated the beach, that’s what Hoya said. Maybe, he should force her to go to the beach together with him. Let’s just scared her to death, Myungsoo. She has already done it, she has hurt you.

Myungsoo was off, searching for her. His eyes wander around, peeking each and every class room and she was nowhere to be found. He spotted Pil Suk a couple of time but not Jieun. Nam Woohyun was at the basketball court, all alone. He really feels like running amok and punch that guy face but he needs to hold it. Park Jiyeon was nowhere to be found too.

He walks around the corridor and hallways, simply searching for her. He was furious, as if his head was about to explode at any time and his heart to be destroyed. He wants to meet her, confront her, and finally the urge to hurt her. This is a game, this game is supposed to be harmful. He hasn’t shown it, has he?

His feet was almost worn out, when he suddenly spotted such a feminine figure walking around the empty hall ways. It was Lee Ji Eun, he finally found her. What should he do to her? Scare her to death? He wanted to talk to her, but this time his anger has took over him.

“Jieun!” He yelled as he run toward her and pinning her to the wall.

“Myungsoo! Get off me!”

“Finally, we’re alone. Should I mess around with you?”

“Let me go, Myungsoo!” His strength was unbelievable, even Jiyeon might be overpowered by his strength.

“Go to the beach with me, Jieun, on summer.” Myungsoo was requesting but he was more likely forcing.

The beach again, she hates the beach so much and yet she got in trouble with Myungsoo. It hards to rejects his offer, since the game bounded them. Her mind rush back as her trauma in the past haunted her.

“No, Myungsoo. I won’t.”

“I command you to!”

“I don’t want to! I said it, I don’t want to!”

“Oh, really? Remembers the game? It’s still going on, Jieun.” He threatens.

“Don’t you dare, Myungsoo.” Jieun glare at him.

“A fourth attempt…. Well, she survives three of them. Let’s see if she could survive the fourth.” He said.

“Myungsoo, stop!”

“What should I do? I know she’s in love with me, should I broke her heart?”

“Myungsoo, please just stop!”

“And embarrasses her in front of people?”

“Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo! Get your mind straight!”

“How frustrated should I make her be? That she would end her own life?”Another threat.

“Kim Myungsoo! Enough of this!” Jieun yelled, but he ignores it and keeps on going.

“And by the time she’s gone, I would be very curious what would her big sis do?” Their face was an inch apart and Myungsoo stares sharply at her.

Slap!

Jieun has had enough of this, she thought Kim Myungsoo has changed but the reality is… he’s not. He hasn’t change, even for the slightest bit. And right now, after everything she has shared to him, he did this. He threatenher. He promises her to protect her sister, as long as she played her game, yet right now he is breaking his own promise.

She didn’t know how much more patient she needs to handle him. She didn’t know how much more suffering she need to go before he could feel satisfied. That lip of him, that cruelly threaten people, how much pain will she received from it.

Slap! She slaps him.

Myungsoo rub his cheek as he feels a huge pain on his right cheek. It might turn reddish, because the slap was just too hard. His eyes widen as he glares at Jieun in anger. But he too realizes that Jieun was about to break down because of him. Serve her right! She hurt him, she should pay for it.

“I would disappear with her, if it’s that what you are hoping for.” Jieun whispers, barely audible. She lost her voice.

“Oh, really?”

“Seems like you really are hoping for me to disappear, Myungsoo.” Her body trembles as his grip becoming tighter.

“Prove it, Jieun.”

“Do you bring knife or anything? I could even kill myself with a pen.”

“I have a knife with me, Jieun.”

She takes it, without hesitation. She clutch it tightly to her finger as she gather her strength, to make sure the knife would pierce through her blood vessels which will ended her in death. She looks at Myungsoo, he was serious. And she too was serious. If this mean protecting her sister, she would gladly do it.

“Just promise me one thing, Myungsoo.”

“What is it?”

“When I’m gone, ask Woohyun and Jiyeon to take care of my sister. And please, don’t ever hurt her.”

“Of course, Jieun. Just quickly, do it.”

She was lying if she ever said she wasn’t scared. She was scared, very scared. She tremble, terrifies with the fear of death. What she would be doing in a second would be very wrong, yet does she has any other choice? Kim Myungsoo has never given her any other choice. This is the only way, to protect her sister.

She holds the scissors up, as her fingers started to clutch it even tighter. She gathers all of her strength as she held out her wrist and shut her eyes close.

It’s the end.