Romantic

Childhood sweetheart.

Daehyun’s pov.

My eyes opened slowly as the sun started shining through the window. I jumped a little as a white rabbit was right in front of my face. Ah, I remember. It was the present from Jihyun. But where is she? “Jihyun-ahh..” I called out as I lay on my back and ruffle my hair a bit. “Jihyun-ah!” I call her a little bit louder in case she didn’t hear, but I started panicking when she didn’t come.

“Yah! Jihy—“ “Will you stop shouting?” My eyes from wide ones went back to normal as she stepped inside of the room, holding two cups of some beverage. “I thought you left again.” I told her and she only chuckled a bit and came to sit on the edge of the bed next to me. Just then I noticed what she was wearing. It was one of my favorite jersey shirts and my boxers. “You look beautiful.” I gave her a kiss on a cheek.

“Just drink your tea.” She said pushing one of the cups that she held in her hands towards me and trying to avoid my eyes. I could see that she was blushing and it was all probably because of yesterday. “I love your gift.” I said trying to change all the thoughts in our heads, but that she was sitting next to me, looking gorgeous didn’t help. “Hey, come here.” I quickly sipped some of the tea before placing the cup on the bedside table.

“What?” she looked at me confused, but I only grinned and patted the space next to me. She pouted her lower lip, placed her cup of tea next to mine and climbed in the bed. “Heeeere.” I whined a little as she lied down as far away as she could from me. “Wheeeere?” she mocked me and I narrowed my eyes. I quickly s my arm around her waist and pulled her towards me, making her crash on my chest.

“Here.” I said innocently with a smirk while she pouted. “Don’t you pout at me.” I tilted her chin with my index finger and pecked her lips. “Ay, Daehyun will be jealous.” She chuckled as she took the stuffed rabbit and placed it in front of my face. “Fine.” I rolled my eyes jokingly and kissed the rabbit’s nose. “Now your girlfriend is jealous.” She muttered placing the rabbit away at the other side of the bed.

“My wife.” I fixed her as I snuggled into the crook of her neck. “Stop it.” She whined, but I simply grinned and bit her skin. “Yah, Jung Daehyun!” I pulled away as she whined again and looked at her as innocent as I could, then I looked at her neck and smirked. “This is pretty.” I poked the little hickey that was there and she blushed again. “I tried washing it away.” She confessed and I laughed quietly.

“That’s for guys who want to dance with you. They will see this and know that you’re my property, all rights reserved.” I told her and she rolled her eyes. “Cheesy lines really don’t fit you.” She said and I frowned. “I’m being romantic.” I said proudly and she laughed. “That too.” She touched my nose cutely and placed her head on my shoulder. “It’s so nice. I missed you.” She said with a deep breath and I could only nod.

Suddenly we both jumped up as we heard a car parking next to the house. “Oh my god!” I totally forgot about my parents. I quickly got out of the bed and looked outside the window. “Ahh, what to do?!” I panicked and turned to Jihyun who was biting her lower lip. “They will----omo!” she suddenly jumped out of the bed too and grabbed all of her clothes. “I need to hide!” she yelled in a whisper and I nodded.

I looked around the room, thinking where could she hide, but there was no time when I heard the front door of the house open. “Here!” I grabbed her hand and pushed her inside of the big closet. “It’s dark!” she whined, but I simply hissed in worry and closed the door. “Just endure it, please.. I’m so sorry!” I whispered through the door and got back in my bed. “Hyung!” I heard my brother coming closer, but I knew he wasn’t alone.

“Daehyun, how was the party last night?” My mom came inside of the room with my brother and I just pretended that I was sleeping. “ugh, mom..” I faked a yawn and sat up on the edge of the bed, thanks got I wore my unused boxers yesterday at night when I went to the bathroom. “Did Jihyun come last night?” My mom asked ignoring my fake sleepiness and I nodded. “Omo, did you make up with her?” I blushed slightly at that question.

“Yeah, we’re fine.” I stood up, grabbing a shirt that was next to the bed and pulling it over my head. “Did you gave her the ring?” my mom asked and I froze. My eyes widened when I realized that Jihyun might hear. “No.” I said quietly and my mom frowned. “Why not?” she angrily asked. “Yeah, why not?!” my brother added and I sighed. “Just leave…” I gently pushed them out of the room and closed the door.

“What ring?” Jihyun stepped out of the closet and asked quietly. “Ugh, my mom kind of gave me a ring that was my grandma’s.. She wanted me to give it to you.” I told her and she lowered her head while walking towards me. “Where is it?” she asked and I quickly went to my bedside table, opened the drawer and pulling the ring out. “Here.” I walked to her and handed the ring to her. “Wow. It’s beautiful.” She said while checking it out.

I watched how she smiled at the ring and quickly took it back. “Here.” I took her hand into mine and gently placed the ring on her marriage finger. “Now it’s more beautiful.” I whispered and hugged her tightly. “Seriously, Daehyun..” she chuckled and pulled away. “Cheesy and romantic isn’t your types.” She started laughing. “Well, do you like romantic?” I asked her and she nodded abruptly.

“Every girl likes romantic things.” She said and I nodded with that. “How about this then... You go home, put on a pretty dress, meet me in 20 minutes in front of your house. Let’s go on a picnic in the park, okay? I will prepare everything what we will need." I smiled while looking at her. “How about your parents?” she asked and I took a deep breath while thinking. “I will distract them.” I told her and she nodded.

Then she put her original clothes on and we quietly walked downstairs while holding hands. “Shh…” I placed my finger on my lips as we walked closer and closer to the living room where the TV was playing. I then let go of her hand and we made signs for both of us what to do. “I’m going.” She whispered and was about to walk to the door while I was supposed to go into the living room and distract my parents, but I grabbed her hand again and spun her around.

“Not before I do this.” I said as I cupped her face in my palms and kissed her. “Romantic Daehyun starts from now.” I whispered as she chuckled and backwards walked to the door with a big grin. ‘Bye.’ She mouthed for me as she quietly started unlocking the door. That was when I went to the living room. “Mom, I’m the happiest man alive!” I announced as my whole family looked at me weirdly.


End of Daehyun’s pov.


After 20 minutes, just like we agreed, I went out of my house and met Daehyun in front of it. I of course didn’t forget to call Himchan and ask about MInah, he said she was still sleeping and that he doesn’t mind taking care of her if that will give me free time with Daehyun. “Hey.” Daehyun smiled at me and got a little flower from behind him. I noticed that these flowers were growing around the house and scoffed at him.

“You just picked it up, huh?” I asked and he sheepishly smiled while walking closer to me and tucking the flower behind my ear. “It fits you.” He said and I smiled while rolling my eyes. “Oh! What did you take?” I asked as I saw the bag in his other hand. “Just stuff. Come on.” He took my hand and we started walking. “Are we going to the park?” I asked and looked at him. “Maybe.” He shrugged his shoulders.




***
“Maybe my .” I muttered as we arrived at the park. “Oh, I see a spot!” Daehyun grinned as he pulled me towards a big tree where there were no people. “Is this okay?” he asked me and I nodded with a smile. This was perfect. “Can you help me?” Daehyun asked as he let go of my hand and pulled a blanket out of the bag. “Sure.” I nodded as I grabbed two corners of it and we spread it on the grass under the tree.

“Please, tell me you have food… I’m starving.” I sat down first and then Daehyun followed. “Of course. Do you think I’m a bad husband who would let you starve?” he asked as he leaned his back on the tree and pulled the bag on his lap. “Well, technically.. I’m starving right now.” I said and he flicked my forehead lightly. “Be patient.” He kissed the spot where he flicked and ped the bag.

“First of all, here’s your drink.” He smiled as he gave me a can of soda and I laughed. “Why thank you.” I said and he placed another can next to himself. “I have sandwiches.” He said super excited and pulled a lunch box out. “Did you make it?” I asked and he shook his head. “Your mom, huh?” I asked and chuckled when he nodded. Then suddenly he pulled a sun lotion out and I raised a brow.

“We’re under the tree... there’s no sun.” I said and he nodded, but then he placed the bag away and placed his head on my lap. “Yah.” I whined as he sheepishly smiled and showed the lotion in my hands. “Put it on my face, baby.” I frowned. “No baby.” I said and he nodded understanding that it sounded stupid coming out of his mouth. “What if I call you a bunny? You gave me a stuffed one, right?” he grinned while I squeezed some lotion on my hand.

“That’s a rabbit and no.” I shook my head and with my index finger lightly placed dots of lotion on his face. “Why so suddenly you want to give me a nickname?” I asked him and he pursed his lips. “Just because, princess.” He frowned himself with the nickname. “I don’t need a nickname, honey.” He stared at me as I did circle motions on his cheek. “See?! You can give me a nickname, why can’t I?” he pouted and I sighed.

“Your skin is so soft.” I tried changing the subject and I probably succeeded because he suddenly smiled. “Really?” he asked and I nodded. I then rubbed the lotion on his nose and I could feel how he stared right at me. “Why are you looking at me like that?” I blushed as I was done with the lotion and Daehyun sat up. “Because you’re beautiful.” He said, cupping my face in his hands and leaning in for a kiss.

“Sweetie.” I started laughing before he could kiss me. He looked so funny when he said that. “Daehyun, I don’t need a nickname from you!” I laughed and hit his shoulder. “Fine.” He lied down on the blanket and bent his knees. “Come here.” He placed his hand on my shoulder and lowered my back on the blanket. My head was on his shoulder and his arm was wrapped around me securely.

“You know, this is our first date.” I stated and he nodded with a smile. “Daehyun, do you love me?” I seemed to shock him with my question as he quickly looked at me with wide eyes. “Of course, what the hell?” he asked confused and I pressed my lips together. “Would you do everything for me?” I asked and he nodded. “What going on?” he asked me. “You see, it’s because of Minah.” I told him and he sat up, bringing me together with him.

“What about Minah?” he asked. “I have documents at home, but Daehyun I can’t be her lawful mom if you won’t sign it.” I said and he raised a brow. “So what’s the problem?” he asked and I looked at him surprised. “You’ll sign it?” I asked and he nodded with a smile. “You thought I wouldn’t? What a dummy.” He hugged me tightly and kissed the side of my head. “You know,” he pulled away with a grin. “Dummy fits you, dummy.” I hit his chest and crossed my arms.

“Jerk fits you too.” I said and pushed him away, but he just pouted and neared towards me. “Ani.. Call me honey… just like before. Honey.” He pleaded and I started giggling as he started tickling me. “Puahhhahahah…. Daehyun, yah!” I started squealing, but suddenly Daehyun fell on top of me and grinned evilly. “I wouldn’t kiss you if it was really the first date, but since we’re even married, I can just kiss you the whole date. What do you think about that kind of romantic?” he asked and I rolled my eyes with the last chuckle.

“ert, get away from me.” I sat up with him and hugged him tightly. “No more kisses.” I whispered and he pulled me away by my shoulders with wide eyes. “WHAT?!” He shrieked and I nodded. “Take this as we’re really on the first date.” I said and he sighed. “Then just the last one..” he was about to lean in and kiss me, but I pulled away and placed my index finger on his lips. “No.” I stated playfully and he groaned.

I secretly laughed while he took the lunch box and got one of the sandwiches out. “If I’m going to be good, will you kiss me?” he asked and I tilted my head to the sides. “I don’t know, I don’t know.” I said with a wink and took a bite of the sandwich. “Is it good?” Daehyun asked and I nodded. “Oh, you’re so clumsy.” He chuckled and leaned in. “What are you—“ I was cut off as he brought his finger on the corner of my lips.

He pulled his finger away and suddenly it. “You had some mustard there.” He said with a smirk and I could feel my heart beating faster. “You look so cute right now I could just kiss you, but,” he took another sandwich and started eating. “you said no kisses.” I could see how he tried to provoke me, but I guess he still doesn’t know with who he’s playing. “I wanted to kiss you for taking good care of me, but you reminded me of my words, so no kisses.” I could hear how he quietly cursed.

Our first date continued just like that. We didn’t really do anything meaningful, but it was fun. We talked about our future, how it would be. We laughed thinking that one day Daehyun will really become a singer with BAP, he said they if they would, they would be better than Infinite and Myungsoo. We talked and talked, but sometimes suddenly it would become quiet as we both would stop talking, it was nice too. We both felt relaxed.

“Um.. the sky is getting darker.” Daehyun worriedly bit his lips and I opened my eyes to look at the sky. The dark cloud was getting closer and I pouted thinking that it will start raining soon. “Should we go home?” I asked and Daehyun nodded. I groaned as he quickly stood up and I was left alone on the blanket. “Come on, you don’t want it to start—“ Daehyun couldn’t continue his sentence as the rain drops started to fall. “Raining.” He finished and tugged on the blanket. “Come on!” I stood up as well and helped to clean up.

As we finished putting everything in the bag Daehyun put it on his back and grabbed my hand. “Let’s hurry up.” He pulled me closer to him as he started running and I ran a little bit behind him. We both ran as it started to get darker and darker, the rain poured stronger and stronger. “What a romantic date!” I said sarcastically and laughed a little bit, but Daehyun stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and looked at me with a poker face.

“Why did you stop? Come on, it’s pouring! We’re going to get a fever.” I tried tugging on his hand so I could pull him away, but nothing worked and suddenly Daehyun grinned. I looked at how the rain was wetting his hair and the bangs were sticking on his forehead, he looked so crazy. “Daehyun, I’m cold.” I whined and he smiled softly. “Look around.” He told me and I did, turning my head to the sides.

People were running as fast as they could from the rain and only the two of us were standing like two idiots. “Don’t you see?” he asked raising his brows and I shook my head with a pout. “This..” he suddenly cupped my chin with his index finger and his thumb while nearing closer to my face. “This is romantic.” By surprise, he placed his lips on mine and gave me a long, soft kiss that took my breath away.

I’m going to have a fever? Totally worth it.


Okay, you can kill me now.. I'm so sorry for not updating for so long, but a lot of stuff came up.

I tried making this chapter romantic and fluffy, but I don't know if I succeeded.

Oh, and I have to warn you, that this story is going to end soon. Probably 1/3 chapters more.


I haven't decided yet.


I really want to thank you for supporting me. You're all so awesome! I love you~ ♥