I'm right here..

Childhood sweetheart.

 

The next day. 
 
I woke up on Minah's bed. Yesterday I had to go home since Daehyun mom called and said that Minah was having a fever and crying while yelling that she wants me to come home. I guess my baby sister isn't taking this situation easy as well. "Umma?" she cutely sat up first while I was still stretching and rubbed her eyes with her little fists. I hugged her while sitting up and kissed her forehead.
 
"Are you feeling better?" I asked her and she smiled while nodding. "Because umma is here." she said and I patted her head with a chuckle. Then we both got out of the bed and changed into something more comfortable. We ate breakast and she started to get ready for school, but I stopped her. "You don't need to go to school." I said and she looked at me with a confused pout.
 
"Why?" she asked me. "Dad said he wanted you to come to the hospital today, don't you want to see dad?" I asked and her expression saddened. "I do, but I can see him after school, right? Daddy won't go anywhere. Right, umma?" she asked and I didn't know what to say. What if I say that he won't and then after school.. no, no.. I can't think like that.
 
"Let's just go to the hospital, okay?" I asked and she nodded, putting her shoes on. I quickly texted Daehyun, who stayed in the hospital with Myungsoo instead of me, telling him that I will come soon. After he texted me back a simple okay, I got ready as well and we both with Minah went out. "To the XXX hospital." I said to the taxi driver and he nodded before starting the engine.
 

 
 
"Thank you, ahjussi." I bowed after paying and we both with Minah got out of the car. "Let's go, umma. I really want to see dad!" Minah beamed as she dragged me into the hospital. "Daddy!!" she cried out as she ran in the hospital's room and hugged dad. I watched how my dad's expression brightened, but my eyes went on Daehyun, he didn't look too good. 
 
"You didn't sleep, right?" I asked as I sat next to him on the chair and he nodded while rubbing his cheeks. He had big eye bags too, and I felt sorry. "Sorry..." I said quietly and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Before he could smirk at me I quickly stood up and went to dad. "Look what Minah drew yesterday." I pulled a drawing from my bag and handed it to him.
 
The drawing wasn't perfect or wonderful, but it was so cute. In the middle of it, there was me with green hair, dad with grey hair and Minah with a pink dress, we all were holding hands. Behind us Myungsoo and Daehyun were holding hands too and when Daehyun looked at the drawing his eyes widened. "What's that?" Dad pointed at the cloud which had a smiley face on it.
 
My heart ached as I heard Minah's explanation. Yesterday I cried as well when she said this. "It's umma, I didn't see her, only in pictures.. but I know that her smile was beautiful, she's looking after us in the heaven, you told me that, dad." My dad took a deep breath like me. "Will dad look after us as well?" my eyes started to get teary with Minah's sad question.
 
Her cute lowered head told me that she was about to cry too. I wanted to hug her, but Daehyun did it first. "Uh, why is my Minah crying, oh? Daehyun oppa will be sad too then. Of course your dad will always be with you, sweetie." he said with a bright smile, but I could see that he wasn't in the best mood too.
 
"I brought food!!" Myungsoo awkwardly stepped in the room and blinked a couple of times. He noticed that everyone were serious and playfully glared at Daehyun. "Yah, yah, yah..." he went over to him and after placing the snacks he brought he took Minah into his arms. "You took Jihyun, leave my princess alone." he said sternly, but jokingly and we all chuckled.
 
"Oh, what's this?" Myungsoo saw a drawing and my dad handed it to him. "OH? Who are these people?" Myungsoo pointed somewhere in the drawing. "It's you and Daegyun oppa." Minah said and his eyes widened. "Why am I holding his and not my princess's hand, huh?" he placed the drawing on the bed next to the snacks and started tickling Minah.
 
I turned to Daehyun while smiling and saw that he turned around. I quickly stepped in front of him and my face fell. "You're crying?" I asked and he quickly wiped his eyes. "N-no.." his cracking voice told me something else. "Don't be like this, okay? I'm holding it in, I know that you can do it as well.." I said and wiped the tears under his eyes with my thumbs.
 
"I'm just so... so sorry.." he suddenly pulled me into a hug. "I don't want you to go through something like this again.. I can't forget how you were after your mom.... I swear, Jihyun.." he pulled away and looked at me seriously, while holding my shoulders. "I swear that I would take your father's place if I could." he said and my eyes widened. "Shut up, you idiot!" I hit his shoulder and ran out of the room.
 
What the hell is wrong with him?! How can he say something like this right now?? I started to wonder as I ran through the hallway. My tears already escaped my eyes and I wasn't able to see clearly. I got to some kind of waiting room and my back hit the wall, my landed on the floor as I cried even more.
 
I hugged my knees and buried my face in them. Even the thought about losing him makes me so mad and upset. "Are you okay?" I lifted my head and only saw girl's hair and that she was wearing white. I assumed she was a nurse. "I'm fine.." I lied and stood up. "I'm just a bit sad." I wiped my tears away and faked a smile.
 
"But I'm fine." I said and started walking away. Then I saw Daehyun panting and was about to turn around, but he was fat enough and ran to me. "Why did you ran out? I was so worried! I searched everywhere for you!!" he scolded me and I froze for a moment before hugging him tightly.
 
"I don't want to loose you, Daehyun.." I said and he hugged me back. He placed his chin on the top of my head and chuckled. "Who said that you will loose me? I'm right here.. I will always be with you." he said and I bit my lower lip. "Well, unless you get fat." he joked and I chuckled, pulling away.
 
"Did dad got worried too?" I asked as he wiped my tears away. "He did. Myungsoo though, wanted to run after you, but of course your amazing boyfrien---I mean husband didn't let him." Daehyun said and I nodded. "Kuere.. you're amazing." I said and tip toed to give him a kiss.
 
He then wrapped his arms around my waist as I did the same around his neck. The kiss deepened more and I can say that it took some worries off of my shoulders. "I love you.." Daehyun whispered as the kiss broke. I smiled brightly as he kissed my nose gently.

"I love you too." I said.

Just a short chapter to show how sweet Daehyun is. Comment and tell me what you think, okay?




Oh, and I wanted to ask.. Do you like Myungsoo's character in this story? ;)



I see you're really trying to kill me, huh Myungsoo?