I can't keep calm!

Childhood sweetheart.

I was resting peacefully on the chair next to my dad, who was sleeping as well on the hospital's bed. My head was placed next to his hand as I held it. Yesterday the surgery went well and his heart rate went back to normal, but the doctor said his cancer is no joke. I couldn't believe that Daehyun could keep something like this from me. I haven't talked to him since I ran out of the hospital yesterday, when I came back he wasn't here since I texted Zelo to get him out of here.

I needed to think. I know he didn't mean anything bad for me and probably had a reason for hiding this, but if he had told me, maybe this wouldn't have happened, especially during our wedding. Oh, yeah.. the wedding. I have no idea what will happen now, but I will take care of Daehyun later, now I need to stay by my father's side as long as I can.

"You're sleeping?" a hand brushed over my back. "Hm..?" I sleepily lifted my head and saw Daehyun with his brows furrowing in worry. He was biting his lower lip, I know he was sorry. "No, I can't sleep.." I replied ignoring the fact that I'm kind of mad at him, but I can't just make myself to yell or push him away. "I'm sorry for not telling you, your dad asked me to." Daehyun said and he took another chair and sat next to me.

He brought the chair closer and wrapped his arm around me. "You know if you had told me.. Maybe I would have had more time with him." I said and he sighed. "I know.. I'm a bad guy here." he said and I turned to him. "Did you get any sleep?" I asked as I cupped his cheeks and brushed my thumbs over his eye bags. He shook his head not looking me in the eyes. "Yesterday, Yongguk literally carried me out of the hospital." he said and I chuckled.

"They said you didn't wanted to see me.." he added and I pulled my hands away. *Let's not fight now...* I stated in my head and placed my both elbows on the hospital's bed,looking at my dad. "What will I do now, Daehyun?" I sighed and tears escaped my eyes. "What do you mean?" he asked me as he rubbed my back, making me feel a little better. "How can I take care of Minah? She won't have anyone.." I cried even more while Daehyun pulled me into his chest.

"You've been taking care of Minah her whole life, she has you.. And you, you have me." I felt how his grip tightened and he kissed the top of my head. "Daehyun, I'm so angry at you, but you do these kind of things and I start to hate myself for being mean to you before." I said sternly, choking a bit with my tears and Daehyun just lightly chuckled. "I love you too, jagi."



Two hours later.

Daehyun went to talk to the doctors while I was still next to my dad. Suddenly his eyes started opening. "Dad!" I jumped up from the chair and stared at him. He slowly woke up and I helped him to sit up. "Do you need something? Should I call the doctor?" I asked worriedly and he shook his head. "Where's Minah?" he asked.

"In school.. Daehyun's mom took her. She wanted to stay here, but I told her that she can see you after school." I replied and he patted my head. "Good job. Now I'm sure you're going to be fine taking care of her." He said while chuckling but I looked at him with a poker face. "Why didn't you wanted me to know? You know that we could have spend more time together! Why endure this alone, dad?!" I raised my voice up.

"So you know everything now, right? I guess it would be the right time to explain." he said while sitting more comfortably on the bed. The door then opened and Daehyun stepped in with a doctor behind him. "Oh, when did you wake up, uncle?" Daehyun asked after bowing. "Just now." he said and the doctor came closer.

"Are you feeling alright? Does it hurt anywhere?" he asked and my dad shook his head. "I will send a nurse in later, she will give you some pills that you will have to drink. For now it would be good you'd rest." the doctor said and we all nodded. Then the doctor checked a couple of things quickly and left. "Should we leave too and let you sleep some more?" Daehyun asked.

"No, I need to talk to you two. I may have no time later." he said and I choked. "Don't say that!" I raised my voice again. Daehyun then held my hand and made me sit on the chair while he sat next to me. My dad nodded telling Daehyun that he did good. "First of all.. I arranged your marriage because I wanted to find someone who can take care of you, now I see that you went with the right choice." my dad said talking about Daehyun.

"Second, I'm sorry for not telling you.. I thought you wouldn't marry anyone after I tell you. But now I guess after you know.. you will divorce Daehyun, though I'd like you to stay with him." I looked at my left side and saw Daehyun with his head lowered. I squeezed his hand a little bit and he looked at me. I gave him a little smile and he nodded. Did he thought I would divorce him?

"But dad, isn't there any way that you could--" "No. I went to all of the best doctors and they all said I have no chance.. I'm sorry, Jihyun-ah.." he said and I stood up, hugging him. "Dad, I don't want you to leave me.. Mom was enough, please.." I cried on his shoulder as he hugged me back. "You'll be fine.. You have Daehyun, right?" he patted my back and that made me cry even more.

"I love you, Jihyun-ah, sorry for being a bad father to you.." he said and I pulled away. "You were the best father I could get. I love you too, dad.." I said wiping off my tears. Daehyun my back gently as I sat down and tried to look strong. Then I remembered one thing. "Uh.. dad, if you have cancer.." I stopped to clear my throat. "If you have cancer then.. is that a wig?" I asked and he lightly chuckled.

Suddenly he tugged on his hair harshly as it fell off. Me and Daehyun gasped seeing my dad bald..  "Dad.." I felt completely uncomfortable the same with Daehyun, we didn't know where to look or what to do. "It's okay.. I know that your dad is not as handsome as he was." he tried joking, but in the end we still could feel uncomfortable and sorry..

"How much time?" my eyes widened at Daehyun's question. "My personal doctor said it could be either a day or two." my dad replied simply as it was nothing. "WHAT?" I shot up and my hands clenched into fists. "Dad, I can give you my blood!" I tried finding a way out of this, even if my suggestion was stupid.. I know that won't help, but I can't just do... nothing. They both just lowered their heads and sighed.

"Calm down.." Daehyun took my hand into his and tried sitting me down, but I harshly pushed his hand away. "NO! I can't keep calm! Would you be if you were in my place?!" I shouted and was about to leave but before I could get out Daehyun cought my wrist. I turned around and saw his sad and apologetic eyes. I felt sorry for yelling, but I just couldn't stay calm.. Who would?

"Let me go, let's talk later. I'll go to talk to the doctors." I tried softly removing his hand and he sighed. "Call me if there's anything you need." he kissed my forehead and I nodded. Tears already started escaping my eyes as I walked out of the room, leaving Daehyun alone with my dad. I walked to the waiting room and sat on the bench. First, I need to think this through..

"Jihyun?" I lifted my head as I saw a blurry figure coming towards me. Tears were covering my eyes. "It is you!" he announced and neared to me even faster. I wiped my tears away and narrowed my eyes trying to get a better view of this guy. "Don't you recognize me?" he asked as he was just a step away. My lips parted as I finally could see him clearly.

"O-oppa?"

 


Okay, I'm so sorry for leaving you for such a long time.. I'm really busy these days..



Anyway, sorry. But did you like it? I mean this chapter was short and maybe boring, but still. I didn't make Jihyun so mad at Daehyun, because I thought it would be the best for their relationship. However, a new guy is coming and who is he? I still don't know myself it depends on you. Please vote, okay? Because in the previous poll Hoya and Myungsoo kept on winning and losing. I just made a new poll. So yeah,
vote vote vote.
 

 

 




OH, AND COMMENT, please? ^^ I really want to know your opinions. And I really need to thank you all, actually I didn't expect to get this much subscribers on this story. I know it's nothing compared to other authors' number of subscribers, but...

each of you mean a lot to me. ♥