"I Love You...It's always been you" (final)

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

There was a brutal ringing by my ear, piercing through my dreams and resulting in the worst headache I had all my life. I groaned, rolling over in my bed and using the pillow to cover my ears instead. This was too much.

“Jongin turn it off~”

No response. The ringing continued, louder than before. I sobbed, feeling the pounding in my head increase by the second.

“Jongin~ Kyungsoo-oppaaa! Turn it off!”

And then, it stopped.

“GE! NI XING LAI LE BA!” I jumped at the sudden burst of Chinese, picking up only about half the words in my groggy sleep.

“Ten more minutes.” A deep voice next to me groaned. I twitched, that didn't sound too familiar at all. Where was...

“JONGIN!” I shot up from my spot in bed, wiping my eyes desperately to relieve the fog from them. I struggled to roll off the bed and barely found my footing before a wave of nausea hit me. My legs gave way, and I found my body being hung off a pair of long skinny arms.

“Yoonae? What are you doing here?” I looked up at Lay and smiled sheepishly before regaining my balance.

“I...I came to sleep over with you guys silly! Kris invited me over last night, but by the time I got here you were already asleep.” He didn't look convinced but before he could question me, I excused myself and pushed past him towards the door.

I stood outside the door, lost for a second as I tried to remember which way my room was. As I approached my door, I realized I didn't have the key with me. My knuckles were millimeters away from making contact with the wood when suddenly, it all came back to me.

Jongin didn't come after me. He didn't want me anymore.

All my resolve disappeared when the memories returned. My knuckles turned white, fingers gripping tightly into my palm as if want to hold on to something, but there was nothing there.

Tears formed in my eyes as a wave of guilt and regret consumed me. Why did I do that? Why did I let him go? Why did I even go to Luhan that day? Jongin.....my Jongin.

The door in front of me swung open all of a sudden. The figure almost running me over before realizing I was there.

“Yoonae? What are you doing out here?”

“I-I....I didn't bring the key with me.” I said, voice faltering much too often for comfort. Kyungsoo took my hand and led me into the bed room before sitting me down on the mattress.

“Where did you go last night?” He asked, a hint of maternal instincts lingering on his voice as he brushed a few tears aside, and held me close.

“K-Kris's room.” I didn't want to speak. I didn't trust myself speaking.

“Did you and Jongin get in an argument again?”

I couldn't find the words to say so I just nodded. “W-Where is he?”

“Jongin went down for a walk early in the morning. I warned him not to go out, there are too many fans around, but he insisted anyways.”

“I-It's okay. I'm sure he's fine.” I tried to convince myself, but inside I knew he wasn't fine. If anything, he was just as bad as me right now. He was angry with me. Jongin who rarely got mad....was angry with me.

“Hush.” Kyungsoo commanded. “No more crying. We'll talk to Jongin later alright?”

But he doesn't want to talk to me..I nodded.

“Come, get dressed, and we'll go down for breakfast.”

I followed his instructions and headed for the bathroom to freshen up first. I cringed when I saw my reflection in the mirror. It didn't look like me. Nothing looked like me. In the end, I couldn't help thinking, would things ever be okay again? Maybe I did screw it up this time.

---

When we arrived in the lounge area for breakfast, most of the members were there already. Kris waved Kyungsoo and I over. We joined him after grabbing our food.

“Can I sit with you guys?”I looked up to find Luhan smiling down at me. Me and no one else. I met Kris's gaze, he sent me a skeptical look whereas Kyungsoo seemed to speak a bit too soon.

“Sure hyung!”

I felt a sudden loss of appetite as Luhan sat down beside me, his hands automatically finding mine underneath the table. I tried to pull it away, but to no avail. He held on tightly, using his left hand to eat. It didn't take long for Kyungsoo and Kris to engage in a conversation, but I could still tell the leader was watching Luhan and I closely. For a second, I actually feared that once again, I may have hindered the relationship between the singer and rapper.

“Have you thought about what I said?” I shivered as Luhan's lips grazed the shell of my ear ever so slightly, his breath hitting my face with every word he said. I felt dizzy, claustrophobic even, as the memories returned to me.

---

Yoonae!” I felt a body attack me as soon as the door to the hotel room was flung open. Chen had his arms wrapped securely around my waist as he dragged me into his and Luhan's room.

Hyung~ Yoonae is finally here!” Chen announced as he let go of my hand and bounced up and down excitedly on his bed. He pointed towards the other one in the room. “That one is yours and Luhan-hyung's.”

I cringed at the thought of that, not because it disgusted me, but because I felt a sudden string of guilt shoot through me. There was a slight clicking sound, and Luhan emerged from the room not much later. He casually threw himself onto the bed, patting the space beside him as a signal for me to join him.

Hesitantly, I slipped in next to him. It must have taken a while because by the time I had made myself somewhat comfortable, the two males were already discussing what shows happening on TV.

After long discussions, and me just sitting there awkwardly, Chen finally called it a night and switched off the lights, leaving the bathroom light on so that we could see in case anyone woke up at night.

There was an eerie silence, but I knew Luhan wasn't asleep, not yet. I could feel him tense next to me.

You really are avoiding me.” His voice suddenly broke the silence, making it seem much louder than it really was.

I'm not avoiding you.” I replied. He shifted closer to me, I could feel his body heat radiating off of mine. I felt his hand rest on my waist under the blanket. I shifted away.

Then why won't you let me touch you?”

B-because we're not together anymore, Luhan.”

Well you're not together with Jongin and I'm willing to bet that he gets to hold you to sleep at night.”

I felt my heart tug guiltily as he said Jongin's name. “I'm still committed to him.”

He shifted over again, this time successfully wrapping an arm around my waist in pulling me closer to him. His lips found their place beside my ear. “Is that why you're here then?”

I'm here for...for...for Chen.” I replied, trying to find a comfortable position since I figured he wasn't planning on letting go of me any time soon.

Regardless, I'm just happy you're here.” He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I shivered. “You don't know how much I miss this.”

Then why?” I found myself asking.

He took in a deep breath before pulling away so that we were looking each other in the eyes. “Because,” he said, “you were lonely. I didn't want to see you suffer like that, not because of me. I didn't know how long either of us could last, with me traveling so much for work. You know...I love you, I always have loved you. You're the one for me Yoonae, and I wish I could take it all back, but I can't...won't you...can you...give me another chance?”

I tried to look away, but I couldn't. There was a nagging feeling in my chest, and it only ever increased. “I can't...Jongin...”

Please Yoonae. I know I screwed up. I should have tried harder, but I can't lose you. Not to Jongin, not to anyone.”

I shook my head. “I can't...I can't leave Jongin.”

He'd understand.”

You don't understand. “I can't leave him.” I can't let him go.

Suddenly, I felt his lips on mine. I closed my eyes, leaving everything around me behind. For once, I tried to focus, focus on what could have been.

We parted. I opened my eyes. He was staring at me.

Promise me you'll think about it.” I nodded. He smothered me into a hug.

I love you so much. Just give me one more chance, one more chance and I swear, I'll never hurt you again.”

---
I pulled my hand away from him and shook my head. My voice came out as nothing more than a whisper as I spoke. “I'm sorry. I can't let him go.”

I looked at him one last time to make sure he heard what I had said. He blinked. Once, twice, almost as if he was trying to digest what I had just said.

“I'm sorry.” I said quietly. “I hope you can find someone better. Someone who loved you the way I did...better than I did. Jongin's the one for me, and...although I know that it's going to be difficult...I want him to be the one. I'm sorry.”

I stood up, suddenly gaining the attention of Kyungsoo and Kris who were in their own world until then.

“Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asked. Kris grinned and looked around before cocking his head to the side where Jongin had just entered the room.

“Go for him.”

Without being told twice, I sprinted after him, almost colliding head first with many people along the way. I could see some of them giving me dirty looks as I passed, but it was the last thing on my mind. I just needed Jongin.

I reached out, fingers clasping desperately to the fabric on the figure in front of me. He looked up, seeming genuinely surprised by my presence. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms tightly around him, burying my face into his warm, built chest with streams of tears staining my face already. He wasn't even returning the embrace, but I already felt at home. I missed this so much.

He wrapped his hands easily around each one of my wrists before prying them apart. I cried as I desperately tried to hold on. “I'm sorry.” I said. “I'm sorry Jongin.”

I felt my heart shatter into pieces when he finally managed to pulling my hands away, unwrapping my arms from my waist.

“Follow me.” He said, pulling me from a single wrist through the onlooking crowd, into the lobby, and into the elevator. He didn't let go of my wrist as we rode it up to our floor, and I only followed silently as he led me to our room. Fetching the key, he unlocked it and ushered me in.

“What the hell was that back there? Do you know how many people were watching? There could have been reporters and fans around.”

I cringed at the sound of his angry voice, however, strange sense of relief rushed over me when I realized it really was him. He was talking to me again.

“I-I'm sorry.”

He sighed, weaving the fingers of one hand through his thick black hair, something I always loved about him. It was so natural. “It's alright.”

I took in a breath of fresh air when I realized he wasn't angry anymore.

“Jongin...I think...I need to tell you something.”

“What is it now?”

“There...was a reason why I went to Luhan's room that night.” He groaned, hints of frustration showing on his face again.

“I don't want to talk about it.”

“You don't, but I do.” He didn't say anything. I took a deep breath and continued. “I went over because...I wanted to make sure that I could be yours.”

“Be mine? What are you talking about Yoonae? That doesn't even make sense.”

“I wanted to make sure that I was over Luhan.” I took his hand in mine shyly, barely gripping it in case he would pull away. “I wanted to know if I could give my whole heart to you.”

“Y-you went for me?” He seemed stunned for a bit, so I nodded to confirm.

“I wanted to make sure I was over him...before I could be your girlfriend.”

He pulled me into his arms and I happily reciprocated the gesture. I relaxed in seconds, knowing that this, was where I was meant to be.

“Why didn't you just say something?” He mumbled. “Pighead.”

“Hey! Watch who you're calling a pighead!” I cried, reaching up to flick him on the forehead. He laughed and rubbed the sore spot with the pads of his fingers.

“Jongin...can I tell you something?”

“What now?” Was he irritated with me? I frowned and swatted him on the arm.

“Seriously!”

He laughed before leaning down to kiss me lightly on the forehead. “I'm just kidding.” He said. “Go on.”

I flushed at the mere contact of his lips on me. “I-I-”

“Love, speak up.”

“I...yesterday, Luhan asked me to get back together with him...but I couldn't.” I quickly added the last part. He hummed in acknowledgment.

“And...he kissed me. But when he did...” I looked up and gazed longingly at him. “When he did...it didn't feel the same...that's how I knew; everything between him and I are done. Only you can make me feel this way...Jongin, it's always been you.”

He smiled, the same one that I had fallen in love with since day one. “What are you trying to say?”

He wrapped his arms tighter around me, prompting me to speak. I couldn't help but smile with him.

“I love you, Kim Jongin.”

“I love you too.”

He leaned down so that his face was mere inches away from mine. I could feel my heart speed up, just like every other time he was this close to me, something that I could never get over (not that I was complaining.)

I closed my eyes, waiting for his full, soft lips to land on mine.

There was none.

In fact, I felt a small little peck on my right cheek and opened my eyes to find him smirking amusingly at me. I glared at him.

“What?” He asked 'innocently.' “Did you want something?”

By the way, you are never to kiss me again without my permission.”

I gasped when I realized what his intention was. I narrowed my eyes at him. “I'm not going to ask you.”

He blinked several times. “Ask me for what?”

I groaned as I buried my face in his chest, hiding the forming blush on my cheeks. “Kiss me.”

“What?”

“Kiss me Jongin.”

“I'm sorry, what was that, love?”

“Just kiss me already!”

He took one hand and reached to tilt my chin upwards, away from his torso. “Repeat that again?”

I blushed even redder as he gazed meaningfully into my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning up on my toes slightly as I brought my face close to his.

“Kiss me Jongin.”

With that, our lips met, sealing a promise of love, acceptance, and imperfections. Afterall, we had each other, and that was all that mattered.

...

..
..
.
.

He smirked when we parted. “You should have just told me you wanted a kiss, no need to be shy.”

I hit him on the arm again, feeling my face flame up impossibly. “Shut up Jongin.”

“Why should I? You're so cute when you're embarrassed.”

I groaned. “Stop teasing me. You're such a jerk.”

“Sometimes.”

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He grinned.

“It's okay! You love me anyways.” He leaned down and kissed me one more time.

“And I love you too.”

 

---

A/N: Hi everyone! So this is the end of It's A Love/Hate Relationship. Sorry I didn't warn you guys ahead of time, because honestly, it was a last minute decision.

 

To tell you the truth, I have many things planned for this and I want to continue it, but after rereading, I realized...okay 50 chapters and they're still not together this is ridiculous. So I decided to end it here for a more....natural ending? But this is the "alternative ending" so to say, because I have other stuff planned for another ten chapters.

 

The original chapter 50, is nothing like this...well baby a bit...but afterwards, it gets hectic again. There's a long circle of drama that I have planned and will continue to write, however, I don't want to subject all my readers into reading it because it will get repetitive and like I said, it will be 60 chapters long.

 

With that being said, if you're still interested in reading the "original ending" I guess, here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/378625

The original Chapter 50 is up already!

I will be posting updates there because this one will be officially marked complete. Also, I have a few sidestories planned as well, which will go in that link.

 

Thank you all sooo much for your support. I can't believe I hit 176 subscribers right before the end. Thank you for all the comments as well, they really motivated me along the way.

 

For those who wish to continue reading the original last 10 chapters, please follow the link above, and I will see you all there. For those who don't want to read more circles of drama anymore, I hope the ending was satisfying...it could have been less abrupt, but I apologize, it was a last minute decision. If you still stayed subscribed here, I will post you on updates on sidestories. I swear I have some amusing plot bunnies running around in my head.

 

Thank you guys for everything <3

 

-BB

aka Ryeowook, Sungmin, Luhan, Taemin, Jongin, Chen, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Baekhyun, and Sehun's Wifey