Meeting _________

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

“Yoonae! Can you go down to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine for me please?” My mother shouted from her room. Her voice was lower than usual and made an unhealthy crack as she yelled.

I quickly went over to her room. “I’ll get it for you mom. Just get some rest alright?” I smiled sweetly at her before she closed her eyes and went back to sleep.

It was a few days after my last encounter with Kai and Chanyeol. I got back to my house around 3:15 am that night and went straight to bed. It wasn’t long before I was awoken again by strangled coughing sound coming from my mothers room. I checked the time. It was only a few minutes past 5.

Despite my drooping eyelids and ridiculously energyless body, I managed to pull myself out of bed to check up on her. She sat up, coughing madly on her bed. I quickly ran over to hand her a glass of water and returned to her side. After a few moments, her breathing calmed down and she gave me a weak smile. “Thank you.” She said.

“Anything for you mom.” I replied and yawned. “Make sure you take your medicine when you get up though.”

“I will. It’s not too bad.” She insisted. “You go to sleep now, sorry for waking you up.”

I nodded and returned to my room, hoping that she would take my advice and get better soon. It’s been days now, but nothing has changed. In fact, her condition probably got worse if anything.

I went to the pharmacy a few blocks away and handed them the prescription that we picked up yesterday. I looked through the store shelves absentmindedly as I waited for the pharmacist to return with the medicine. They said something about a large order being shipped to the hospital so I guess that’s what took them so long.

I turned my attention to a shelf of “Get Well Soon” cards and decided to pick one out. Just as I reached up to pick the one I had picked out, my hand came in contact with another person’s. I looked up to the figure beside me to find a man staring back down at me.

“Sorry.” We both said at the same time. “You can have it.”

We stared at each other for a bit longer before we started giggling. What was so funny? I had no idea, maybe it was the fact that we were so in sync despite never having met before.

After he insisted that I kept the card and I waited for him to pick out another one, we picked up our respectful sets of medication and went to the cafe next door to chat.

“Who did you have to pick up medication for?” The stranger asked me. Sitting next to him now was the first time I was able to take in his appearance. He had a baby face, wide doe-like eyes and a pair of thin lips. His hair was dyed light brown but it suited him quite well. He himself was average height but he had such a small graceful build that it made me feel some what jealous.

“My mother.” I replied. “She’s been having a horrible cough for the last few days.”

“Oh...” He said. “I’m sorry about that.”

I grinned. “It’s alright, I’m sure she’ll get better soon. What about you?”

“Oh my bandm-....roommate is sick. He caught a fever a few days back. Overworking and all. I also had to pick up a compressor for his ankle, he twisted it a while back and it got worse too.” He replied.

“Oh...tell him get well soon?” I said, unsure of how to word the sentence. I barely knew the guy!

He laughed. “Thank you.” Suddenly his phone rang and he picked it up. As he had a conversation with whoever was on the other end, I busied myself with stirring my unfinished coffee.

“I have to go now.” He told me after he finished his call. “But before that...can I have your number?”

I sat there stunned by his sudden proposition. I barely noticed him looking down with a tint of pink decorating his cheeks. I could feel my face getting warm as well.

“Yes of course.” I finally said. I took my phone and swapped it with his before entering my number.

“T-Thank you.” He said as he returned my phone to me and took his phone back. “I’m Luhan by the way.”

“I’m Yoonae. It was nice meeting you Luhan-shii.” I said shyly. It was weird, I never usually act like that around guys but for some reason, he was different.

“I’ll call you soon?” He suggested, smiling shyly at me as well. I nodded a bit too quickly to my utter embarrassment.

“I’ll see you around then.” He said.

“Yeah, see you.” With that, he left. I touched my heated face and wondered how stupid I looked just now. I looked at my phone as it vibrated in my hand.

Luhan: Have an amazing day. Tell your mother I said get well soon.

I looked out the window to try to find him but he was gone already. I covered my mouth as a goofy grin spread across my face.

I think I like him.

 

---

 

A/N:

Hi! So I made sure not to spoil who the new person is in the chapter title. Frankly, I couldn't think of another title because I'm physically wiped out from softball practice and studying for my music theory exam tomorrow. BUT! I had to update =]

I don't know about you guys but when my friend read the end of last chapter she was like "wait....so how will she meet Kai again?"

I told her I had my ways. tehehehe.

So yesh......I should probably go to sleep soon.....

As always comments and subscriptions are much appreciated. 

Love you alls~

-BB