What To Do?

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

I sighed as I stared out the window of my new classroom. It’s been a while since I last truly concentrated in school. With the Kai madness first and then Luhan entering my life, I didn’t really concentrate on my last year of highschool, luckily though, I managed to get into Kyunghee University for their music composition program.

“This is boring.” I murmured to myself as Chinese teacher rambled on and on in the foreign language. There were so many other classes to take so why did I take this class again? I sighed as I thought back. Luhan. I missed him.

It was the mid-March already, the start of a new school year and there were only a few weeks left until EXO’s debut. Their showcase was at the end of the month and I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to go anymore.

At the end of class, I went to find Ji Eun for lunch. We agreed to meet in a new cafe that had just opened. When I entered, I found her sitting at one of the tables as she waved me over.

“So, how was your day?” She asked cheerfully. She had a huge smile on her face reminding me of someone eerily familiar.

“Um...boring? Ji Eun, have you been talking to Chanyeol again?” Her smile grew even wider...if that was even possible.

“How did you know?” She asked. I rolled my eyes. Should I even bother telling her how painfully obvious it was? “Anyways, Chanyeol said that he managed to grab VIP tickets to the showcase for us and that we could drop by their dorm tomorrow night to pick them up.”

“And by night you mean 2 in the morning.” I mumbled sarcastically as I took a bite out of my tea biscuit.

She shrugged. “It’s better than nothing. Besides, they said the guard would let us through.”

“That’s not the point, what if there are fans hanging around? Paparazzi?”

She sighed. “Admit it, you just don’t want to face Luhan.”

“I never-” I tried to protest but she cut in again.

“Are you two even together still?” I sat back silently because truth was, I didn’t know how to answer. It’s been what? 2 weeks now? We never talked to each other once. He kept his word and never contacted me.

“Yes...he’s just busy.” I told her after a while. “We agreed not to contact each other until after his debut.”

“Sure...anyways, you did see the History MV right?” I shook my head. “What?! It’s been out for over a week now!”

“I was busy with classes.” I lied. Truthfully, I had been avoiding everything to do with EXO again. Every time I heard about them, it only reminded me more and more about wanting to see them again...to see him again.

She sighed. “So...how’s your mother doing?”

“Not so well.” I replied. “She still hasn’t gotten much better. I’m taking her to the hospital for a full body test after school today.”

“Don’t worry, she’ll get well soon.” Ji Eun replied. I nodded and tried to convince myself of that too but it was easier said than done.

“You’ll come with me tomorrow though right? Chanyeol said they’d be home before midnight so we could drop by at 12am or something.”

“I’ll think about it.” I told her. She smiled in understanding.

‘I just don’t know if I’ll be able to stay away any longer if I see him again.’

---

When I got home, I checked on my mother and then went to turn on my laptop. There was news everywhere about EXO’s new video and for the 100th time since the video came out,  I found myself debating whether or not I should watch it.

“Just EXO-K then.” I finally said to myself. I clicked on the link and watched the video stream.

‘The idiot actually looks good.’ I thought to myself as each member popped up. I couldn’t help but grin at Chanyeol’s baby face and Baekhyun’s eyeliner. Who would think that these guys are such dorks in real life?

The song was extremely catchy and by the second chorus, I found myself singing along. Then came time for the bridge. I froze in my chair as brief clips of EXO-M members started popping up. First Lay, then Kris, then Chen....

I knew I should have stopped the video but I didn’t. When Luhan’s face popped up, I was once again awestruck. He looked beautiful, there was no other words to describe it. At the same time though, seeing his familiar features made my heart clench in pain.

I wanted him back. I missed him so much. I sighed as I thought about him...about us.

‘Maybe I’ll go see him tomorrow.’

 

---

A/N: Short, I know T.T It's pretty much a useless chapter too but it's something? I promise the next one will be better!