The Next Morning

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon and eggs. I sat up and looked around, not the slightest bit surprised that I was at the EXO dorm and in Jongin and Kyungsoo’s room. Everything that happened from the night before came back to me. The dinner, drinking, and last but not least, Jongin’s confession.

Right after Jongin kissed me, he collapsed onto the bed, taken out by the alcohol and emotional exhaustion. I looked over at Jongin and smiled softly. He looked so innocent, burying his head in the sheets and sleeping peacefully without a care in the world.

I got out of bed and shivered slightly when the air in the room hit me. I searched around briefly and grabbed one of Jongin’s sweaters before slipping into it, and walking out.

“Good morning.” I greeted Kyungsoo who was already up and making breakfast. He didn’t look so pleased to be up but greeted me regardless.

I found some pain medicine in the cabinet and grabbed a glass of water before returning to the room. Knowing the way Jongin was drinking yesterday, he would probably be suffering from a hangover for the rest of the morning and afternoon.

I dropped the stuff off and went back to assist a sleep deprived Kyungsoo with breakfast. Somewhere around 20 minutes after the meal was done, the members started emerging from the rooms. A high pitched scream came from Chanyeol’s room making everyone that was awake, stop in their tracks.

We all watched in confusion as Ji Eun stormed out of the room with an oversized t-shirt pulled on her.

“Yoonae, we’re leaving.” Ji Eun demanded as she passed me, pulling me with her without further explanation.

“Wait! Ji Eun, I can explain!” Chanyeol yelled as he chased after her into the main dining room.

“No! I’m leaving! Park Chanyeol, I never want to speak to you again!”

“Love, you can at least put some pants on?” He insisted, eyeing her bare legs.

Her eyes widened in realization. She squealed and hid behind me, trying to avoid the stares of all the other males in the room.

“Chanyeol....don’t tell me...” Suho started. Everyone else seemed to have the same thought in mind.

“It’s really not what you think!” Chanyeol insisted.

“How would you know?! You were drunk!” Ji Eun snapped.

“But I was fine half way through the night and-”

“And you decided to take advantage of me, didn’t you?! I already told you that we are not going to do it! But I bet you and your self can’t hold back! You did something to me last night!”

“Ji Eun, at least let me explain, please?”

“There’s nothing to explain! I can’t believe you took advantage of me! You took my first! Not to mention I was drunk too. I don’t even remember what happened anymore!”

“Aren’t you over reacting?”

“OVER REACTING?!” She shouted incredulously. “You think I’m over reacting?”

He sighed and walked over to her but she made sure to keep me in between them.

“Ji Eun, you drank too much last night and threw up on your clothes. I brought you back to my room so I could change you, or at least get you out of the dirty clothes, and so that you wouldn’t have to sleep on the floor or the couch.”

“You did...what?” She stood there shocked. I finally stepped out of the way, allowing the two lovebirds to make up.

“Now can we please get you back to my room so I can find you some pants to wear?” He pleaded. A few of the bandmates coughed when he said that, automatically turning away from the situation.

Ji Eun grew bright red and immediately ran back to where she came from. I grinned at the couple. Chanyeol was such a sweet guy.

“Oh, look who’s up.” Suho greeted. I turned to find a sleepy Jongin walking out of his room, his eyes adjusting to the bright light. I immediately ran over to him.

“Are you okay?” I asked him in concern. “Did you take the medicine I left you on the night stand?”

He nodded and gave me a thanks. He began walking away to get freshened up in the bathroom but stopped after a few steps.

“Hey Yoonae, can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

He paused for a bit before speaking.

“What happened last night?”

I froze, taking his words in. He didn’t remember. Jongin didn’t remember anything that happened yesterday. So his confession....should I tell him about that? He looked at me, his eyes meeting mine and in wonder and confusion.

“U-uh....just go wash up first, we'll talk later alright?”

He nodded obediently and walked away. I let out a giant breath of relief, at least that bought me some time.

Just ask the door to the bathroom closed, another one opened. Sehun walked out of the room looking extremely sleep deprived.

“Ummaaaa~ My head hurts.” Sehun whined as he rubbed his forehead. I watched as Kyungsoo’s motherly instincts clicked in, and he ran to grab some painkillers for the maknae.

I giggled at Sehun’s subconscious aegyo as he rubbed his eyes and then I set my eyes on his bandaged arm. I went to get the first aid kit and brought him back into his room.

“Sit.” I commanded. He did as he was told and slowly, I unwrapped the bloody bandages from his arm. Luckily, the cut wasn’t too large yesterday and it had already started healing.

“Thanks Yoonae.” He mumbled after I applied healing cream to the wound and tucked the loose end of the bandage in.

“You’re welcome.” I replied as I started putting everything back in the kit.

“So....Jongin told me about you and him....” Sehun started awkwardly.

“He doesn’t remember he did.” I told him. Sehun looked up at me wide-eyed.

“Seriously?!”

“Yeah. He was too drunk yesterday.” I replied. “Anyways, what were you going to say?”

“N-Nothing really...just that if...you know, you need someone to talk to, I’m here. I know my hyung can be a jerk sometimes.”

I laughed a bit. “I thought you were going to be on his side.”

He smiled. “I’m on no one’s side.”

I pulled him into a hug and felt his arms wrap around me as well. “Thanks Sehun. Can you do something for me right now though?”

“What is it?”

“Don’t tell Jongin that you know and don’t tell Luhan about it alright? I don’t want this to ruin their friendship.”

He sighed. “This was what I was worried about too.”

“Hopefully everything will be okay.”

I knew I was lying to myself. How can everything be okay if one of my best friends is in love with me? How can I be alright when, despite everything Jongin has done for me, I still love Luhan so much? How can everything be alright if I can’t let either one of them go?

I don’t want to hurt Jongin, I really don’t. But how can I do it without hurting Luhan as well?

“I see you two are getting comfortable.” I immediately jumped away from Sehun at the sound of another voice.

“Jongin, what are you doing here?”

He shrugged and walked away. I felt a dull, nagging pain in my chest. Guilt.

I wish he didn’t have to like me more than just a friend. That way, I wouldn’t have such a horrible feeling in my chest every time I looked at him.

I sighed and turned to face Sehun. “Should we go now?” I said, forcing a smile on my face.

He nodded and we walked out together. Everybody was lounging around when we got out, eating their breakfast without a care in the world. I followed Sehun into the kitchen where Kyungsoo set the medication for him.

“Are you going to talk to him?” Sehun asked me quietly, the two of us eyed the subject of discussion just outside the kitchen door. Jongin sat alone at the dining table, poking absentmindedly at a piece of bacon.

“What should I tell him?” I replied.

“Just tell him he got drunk and passed out.”

“I can’t lie to him.” I said, the thought of simply doing such an act made me feel guiltier than I ever felt before.

“You’re not lying to him.” Sehun said. “It’s the truth, he did pass out after he got drunk.”

I sighed resignedly and made my way out the door. When I pulled the chair back from the dining table to take a seat, Jongin looked up at me.

“How are you feeling?” I asked him softly. He shrugged.

“My head doesn’t hurt as much, I think the medication is working itself in.”

“I see...” I looked up and in the corner of my eye I saw Sehun giving me an insistent look.

“So...” I started as I turned back to Jongin. “What do you remember from yesterday?”

He sighed. “Nothing...I just remember us play the game and then afterwards Sehun and I were just drinking a lot and....it’s all a blur.”

“You passed out after that.” I told him. He looked up at me, slightly calmer. “You well...you kind of passed out, I walked you back to your room and then you just fell asleep right then and there.”

“Really?” I nodded. He let out a breath of relief. “That’s good.”

We sat there for another long moment in awkward silence. I didn’t look up at him anymore, I just stared absentmindedly at his plate while I thought about what happened the night before.

It’s best if he didn’t know right? Afterall....I wasn’t supposed to know in the first place, he didn’t want me to know. So if I can just act like I never knew....then everything would be just like before.

“Hey Yoonae....” I tore my gaze away from his now empty plate and looked up at him. “I really am sorry about what happened before, I don’t know what I was thinking and I know it wasn’t right. I’m really really sorry. Can you forgive me?”

I debated for a while in silence. I thought back about the kiss he forced on me during the trip, the words he said, almost threatening me. It triggered an irrational fear in myself whenever he got too close even now but....last night changed everything.

He now gave me a reason and I completely understood where he was coming from. I sighed as I remembered his confession, the look in his eyes, and last but not least, the kiss that he shared with me once again. It was different last night...

“Let’s just start over again alright? Yoonae please?” Jongin pleaded, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Alright.” I agreed. A smile immediately spread over his lips. “....It may take some time for me but-”

“Thank you!” He cheered, successfully gaining attention from the entire room full of people. I felt myself flushing bright red as he ran up to me, glomping me in a hug. I almost fell back due to the force combined with his height.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you.” He muttered repeatedly as he held me tight against him. I couldn’t help but grin and hug him back. His smile kept replaying in my mind.

It was then that I realized, the Jongin I knew wasn’t the one that everyone else knew. For the most part, he never showed this type of smile on stage but once you do see it, it’s hard not being attracted to it.

Not only was I lucky to have him by my side but I also figured that, if Luhan wasn’t there...I would have surely fallen for this side of Kim Jongin.

 

----

A/N: Uhh ohhh the last line = trouble. Bad Yoonae, bad.

lol I was just re-editing this before posting and then I found out in this line: Jongin sat alone at the dining table, poking absentmindedly at a piece of bacon. I originally had "bacon" capitalized because I'm so used to just typing Bacon instead of Baekhyun. So Kai would have been poking at Baekhyun the whole breakfast =]

CONGRATS TO EXO! (and Suju, and SHINee)

So I know everyone that found out the results were like...what? where did Busker Busker come from? I had the same reaction because really, I felt like if anyone deserved it, it should have been BAP or EXO. Either one would have been fine. I mean I'd rather have EXO lose to BAP than Busker Busker but whatever, it's fine. It just goes to rub fans in the face being like, really, just stop. Both groups are new, and both fanclubs are new. There are so many years to come and as much as we hate to admit it BAP and EXO are going to be seeing a lot of each other. Stop the fanwars. It's not fair for the artists because it's them that take the consequences. Look at that, both BAP and EXO didn't get the award. Now I'm not sure if they were both disqualified or something, but really? what was all that pointless fighting for. I'm sure both artists didn't appreciate that. They're not stupid, they know what's going on. Keep in mind, it's the group that take the consequences for your actions.

On the other hand, apparently EXO did beat BAP in the votes (4o% to 36% to be exact.) But I couldn't really care less about that either because....

 

EXO IS THE BEST NEW ASIAN GROUP OF THE YEAR! 

Yeah baby! For get just winning as EXO-K for only Korean Male Rookie Group, we just won as 12 for ALL OF ASIA!

Congratulations guys, there's more to come =]

 

Thanks for the comments, subscribers, and readers!

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Kai, Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol, Youngmin, Kwangmin and Baekhyun's Wifey

PS. WHO'S EXCITED FOR EXO'S COMEBACK?! (Kris and the producer both finally announced it for reals~)