Frustrations

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

The next morning, I got up early because I couldn’t really sleep the night before. Throughout the night, I was constantly haunted by nightmares of Jongin, EVERYTHING JONGIN. In the end, I just had to get away from him.

As I made my way down for breakfast, I said hi to a few of the senior artists. I even took some time to get to know Super Junior a bit before sitting down with my own meal. I wasn’t alone for long though.

Chen came down about 5 minutes after I started eating and sat with me. We talked for a bit about Disney, the upcoming concert, trainee life and basically everything as we slowly finished up our meal.

About 15 minutes later, I found Kyungsoo dragging a sleepy Jongin down to have breakfast. They got their food and sat at one of the empty tables for two. I looked up at him and he glanced over at me.

Without a word, I turned away and continued eating, turning my attention back to Chen. About 2 minutes later though, Luhan pulled a chair over and joined us, smiling brightly and taking my hand under the table.

“You ready for this?” I asked him. He nodded and went off excitedly about how amazing it will be to perform with his seniors and how many years he had dreamed about it for.

“Are you going to be okay though? I know the staff members are going to be pushing you hard during the show.” He looked at me worriedly.

“I’ll be fine.” I assured him causing Chen to coo at “how cute of a couple” we are.

Both Luhan and I blushed and pretended to be concentrated on our food again. We looked up slightly, both of our eyes meeting at the same time before giggling and looking down again.

It was how I always dreamed of it to be. Having a good looking, well mannered, loving boyfriend who for some odd reason loved me just as much in return. Everything was so perfect.

“I want you to break up with him.”

I almost choked on my tea when the scene from yesterday replayed in my head. Luhan looked over at me with a worried look.

“You okay?” He asked.

I nodded. “The tea was hotter than I thought, don’t worry I’m fine.” I lied.

“Be careful.” He told me before returning to his conversation with Chen. I sighed and quickly finished up, taking careful and measured gulps of whatever tea was left to prevent Luhan from being suspicious.

“I’m going to find the other coordinator and pack my stuff. I’ll see you guys on the bus alright?”

They both nodded and sent me a goodbye before I made my way up to my room again. I was just about finished packing all the necessities for the day when the door to the room opened.

“Hey Yoonae.” I didn’t have to be a genius to know who it was.

“What do you want?” I replied coldly as I finished packing everything into the bag and reached for my phone.

“Listen, I’m sorry about yesterday. I didn’t know what I was thinking-”

“You weren’t thinking.” I corrected for him as I stood up to leave.

“You’re right, I wasn’t thinking. And I’m really sorry-”

“Sorry’s not going to cut it.” I reached for the door but he cut in my way. I glared up at him and he gave me a pleading look.

“I’m really sorry Yoonae. Give me another chance alright? I won’t do it again.”

“Aren’t you doing it right now?” I replied eyeing his position against the door, keeping me trapped inside.

“I’ll leave as soon as you forgive me. Please?”

“Get out of my way Jongin.”

“No.”

“REALLY? ARE WE DOING THIS RIGHT NOW?” I screamed. “I SAID GET OUT OF MY WAY!”

Stunned, he finally stepped aside. I yanked the door open and marched out into the hall where I met the curious eyes of Baekhyun. Before he was even able to ask about the commotion, I stopped him.

“I need to talk to you later.” I told him, only relaxing a bit when he nodded and gave me a brief hug in comfort.

---

“HE DID WHAT?” I quickly hushed Baekhyun and checked around me to see if anyone was looking. We were sitting in the audience seats as we watched SHINee run through their performance for that night.

“He told me to break up with Luhan.” I repeated. Basically, I told him everything minus the horrific kissing scenes.

“But why?!”

“That’s what I wanted to ask YOU!” I replied in frustration.

“What did he say afterwards again? SORRY?” I nodded. He groaned. “Sorry? Sorry. Sorry! That’s all he can say?”

“At least someone understands my frustration.” I agreed and leaned back against the chair. All this analyzing was making me tired.

“Why....why did he even...why would he even say that?” I mumbled.

“So...are you going to forgive him?”

“WHAT?! Are you kidding me?”

“Well, knowing you, you would.” Baekhyun replied. “I mean, you two have gotten in so many arguments before, it’s only natural that you would forgive him right?”

“No...not this time.” I said only to hesitate again. “I...I don’t know. Maybe? It’s just so confusing. I don’t understand what to do anymore.”

“Listen...Yoonae look at me.” Baekhyun said with a suddenly serious tone. “Do you love Luhan?”

“Of course.” I told him. “I love him with my life.”

“Do you trust Luhan?” He asked me.

“Always.”

“Then there’s nothing to worry about.” He said. “Nothing Jongin says will change that fact so you, need to have so confidence in yourself. I don’t know what’s going through Jongin’s mind but in the end, it’s up to you. Don’t let him get to you.”

“I just....as much as we argue and everything....he’s such an important friend to me and I don’t want to lose him.” I admitted. He nodded.

“That’s understandable.” He paused before continuing. “And you’re mad at him right now. Let it go for a bit. Don’t talk to him, just calm yourself down first. Collect your thoughts and let him collect his thoughts. Talk to him afterwards alright?”

“I guess.”

“Tonight you can stay in my room. I’m sure Chanyeol won’t mind.”

I smiled slightly, finally feeling a lot more relaxed than I have been since the incident yesterday. “And you won’t tell Luhan right?”

“Yoonae, it’s not my job to tell him. If it really bugs you, and you feel the need to, you tell him.” He said before holding up an index finger to his lips. “In the meantime, this is between you and me.”

I grinned and wrapped my arms around him. “Thank you so much.” I mumbled into his shoulder.

“You’re welcome my love.” I froze.

“Luhan told me to tell you to never call me that again.”

“Then that can also be a secret between you and me.” He replied with a wink. I laughed and hugged him tightly again.

---

As it got closer to the evening, I was forced to begin working again. All of the makeup artists and hairstylists were scrambling to get their respective singers ready to perform.

“Thanks Yoonae.” Kris said after I finished touching up his look. He gave me a brief hug before going off to find someone to talk to.

I looked around the room, almost everyone was ready for the pre-show conference.

“Who’s left?” I mumbled to myself as I tried to find the EXO members amongst everyone else. There was more people than usual in the room from concert filming staff to all the managers and performers.

“Kai-shii is waiting for you.” My co-worker pointed out as she walked by me. “He’s a stubborn kid. I’m jealous Yoonae, after you came, he wouldn’t let me touch him.”

I frowned. “You’re making it sound so wrong.”

She winked. “You know you can’t resist him either.”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks but no thanks, I think I’ll pass on the most spoiled prince in SM Entertainment.”

“That’s true. You have Luhan too.” She replied. “Lucky, lucky girl.”

I chuckled and allowed her to go off to do her own work. I looked around and spotted Jongin in the corner talking to Taemin. I made my way over and bowed to Taemin while greeting him.

“Hey Yoonae, how are you?” He asked me.

“I’ve been better.” I replied honestly. I saw Jongin stiffen from the corner of my eye.

“Yeah, the backstage rush is insane right?” I nodded. He smiled in return. “I won’t bother you then. Jongin, don’t pick on her too much alright?” He said before leaving.

Ironic. I thought in response to his comment.

“Let’s go.” I told Jongin without sparing a look at him. When we got to the chair, he sat without a word. I was pretty much done prepping his face when he finally spoke up.

“Yoonae-”

“I don’t want to hear it.” I said while continuing my work. “Close your eyes.”

He did but furrowed his eyebrows when he couldn’t get his way.

“Stop it.” I told him. He sighed and relaxed his face.

“I’m so-”

“Sorry, I know. I don’t believe you anymore so shut up.” He remained silent for the rest of the time until I was finished with him. After putting everything on, I took his face and checked for anything that needed to be fixed.

He flinched when I grabbed his cheeks.

“What happened?” I asked him without caring....too much.

“You...Yesterday...you slapped me.” He mumbled, looking down in embarrassment. I felt a pang of guilt hit me.

“That hard?” He nodded.

“Sorry.” I muttered before gathering my stuff and packing it all up. I turned to leave and find anything that I could possibly help with when he grabbed my arm.

“Can we talk please?” I turned to face him impatiently.

“Are you going to let go of me?”

“If you talk to me.” He insisted.

“I’m not joking. Let go of me now.” He did without a second thought. As soon as I felt his hand disappear from around my arm, I walked out the door. He followed me.

I sighed and stopped in an empty corridor. “What do you want?”

“Truthfully? I want you to forgive me.”

“Really? Because that’s not what I heard yesterday.” I replied coldly as I glared at him.

“I know, I know. But I can explain-”

“Really?”

He paused and sighed. “No...no I can’t. I don’t know why I did that yesterday.”

“Okay. Then do you at least know why you kissed me?”

He shook his head guiltily.

“Why were you bashing my boyfriend then?” He didn’t say anything.

“I’m asking you one last time Jongin, why are you doing all of this?” There was a long pause before he opened his mouth to speak.

“I don’t know.”

I took a deep breath, already expecting such an answer from him. “I have work to do.” I told him before returning the way that we came from.

“Yoonae wait....won’t you forgive me?”

I bit my lip, imagining his expression right now. After all the arguments and everything....he was still a very important friend of mine. He was always there for me when I needed him...

“Not this time.”
 

 

---

A/N: Kai baby <3 T.T I'm so sorry, I don't mean to be mean to you!
Anyways, slightly emotional bit at the end I mean, you have to understand, although the decision to not talk to Jongin again would be quite apparent, he still was her pillar of support and one of her best friends right? It's hard to let go.
Anyways, the note is going to end here because I need to do dishes and watch GLEE.
Thank you for all those that subscribed and helped me hit 100+.
Thank you for all your comments, it really makes my day and I love replying to them (many of them I sent while I was bored in music class.)
Thank you for answering the poll last chapter, if you haven't yet, feel free to go back. It's amusing finding out the results.

Thank you all for reading!

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Kai, Luhan, Chen, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Baekhyun and Sehun's Wifey