Lost and Found

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

A few days after I had last seen Luhan, I found myself in the hospital again for a whole other reason. I sat on the chair and waited anxiously in the hall, the pit of my stomach feeling ridiculously empty as I tried to distract myself with my phone.

“Are you the daughter of Ms. Park?” I jumped at the sound of a male’s voice and looked up to find a doctor standing in front of me.

“Yes I am.” I stood up and shook his hand. His face did not look pleased.

“I need to talk to you in my office for a second.” I nodded despite the dreadful feeling I had and followed after him around the corner and into a white consultation room.

“Before I tell you what is happening, I must warn you that the news isn’t...pleasant.” I nodded, unable to find the words to speak anyways.

“Luckily, your mother didn’t sustain any serious injuries when she passed out. However, as we were researching the cause for her hyperventilation, we found out that your mother is suffering from the final stages of lung cancer.” I sat in place, shock overwhelming me as he continued. The words seemed to take hours to process in my mind.

“When your mother last checked into the hospital, they didn’t check her for cancer. Her lungs must have been already inflamed by then. Also, she doesn’t smoke so they never suspected it but when we looked into your family history today, it seems that it could have been due to genetics.” He paused, giving me time to digest the information.

“So...what can we do?” I finally spoke, my own voice sounded distant to me. “You’re going to help her right?”

He nodded. “We’ll try. I promise, we’ll try. Starting in two days we’ll put her through chemotherapy. It would have been easier to treat if they had detected it ahead of time but...we’ll definitely try our best.”

He stood up and offered me his hand again. I shook it absentmindedly. “You can visit your mother now Ms. Park. She should be around in a bit.”

I thanked him quietly and walked out. Rounding the corner, I finally collapsed next to the wall. I hugged my knees close to me and buried my head into my arms. Without another second of waiting, I let go and the tears fell endlessly.

I didn’t want to lose my mother. She was the only one that raised me since my father passed away when I was 3. She raised me, supported me, she was my only family.

Memories played in my head like a movie as I thought about her. I was so selfish. For my whole life, all I thought about was myself. For the past month, she was suffering on her own without a single word of complaint. All I cared about was school, EXO, Luhan....

Even towards Luhan....I’m so selfish.

A crushing thought ran through me as I thought about my future. What if the doctors can’t do it? What if they can’t cure the cancer? Afterall, there were no guarantees. He didn’t even say that it would work...he just said he would try.

I don’t want to be alone. I really don’t want to be alone.

My phone vibrated in my pocket indicating a text and for a moment, I almost convinced myself not to check it, but in the end, a second set of quick vibrates urged me to check.

New Message
Kai (Jerkface) (2)

“Jongin...” I murmured. Simply the sight of his name convinced me to open it.

From: Kai (Jerkface)
Hey where are you right now?

You wanna visit Luhan-hyung? I’ll go with you.

I wiped a few tears out of my eyes to see the keyboard clearer as I typed back.

I’m at the hospital right now.

Kai...I’m scared.

From: Kai (Jerkface)
What happened? Are you okay?

Can you come now? I’m in the east wing, second floor.

I tucked my head in my arms again. Why was I even asking him to find me? Why did I want him to be here? I shouldn’t do that, he must be busy. He should be resting, he is injured afterall. I shouldn’t be distracting him this way. My phone vibrated again and I looked down at it again.

From: Kai (Jerkface)
Hold on. I’ll be there as soon as I can.

I should have just told him to go home, but I didn’t. I could have just left, but I didn’t.

Time passed and eventually, I lost track of how long I had been sitting on the floor. It shouldn’t have been long but being there, alone, it felt as if hours have gone by.

“I found you.” There was no mistaking the familiar voice. His presence hovered over me for a second before he sat down beside me and prompted my head to rest on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms warmly around me and pulled me close to him.

It was his simple actions that triggered my tears again. Without a word, he held me until my tears had dried up and I was physically too tired to even cry anymore.

“Are you going to ask me what’s wrong?” I cringed at the sound of my own voice. It was so unappealing, I didn’t even want to hear it anymore.

“No. I’m sure you’ll tell me when you’re ready.” He replied gently.

“Kai...”

“Hmm?”

“Can I call you Jongin?”

“Why?” He asked.

“Because I’d rather be your friend than a fan.” I said. I also don’t want to be lumped in with all the other girls in your life.

He chuckled. “I guess that’s alright. Only because I know you’d be such a cry baby if I don’t let you.” I glared at him and he laughed at me.

“Are you free for today?” I asked him. He nodded and asked me why. “Can you come visit my mother with me?”

“Can I?” He beamed. I nodded “Which room is she in?”

“214. It’s around the corner.” I replied. He immediately stood up and helped me up as well. He had a mischievous grin on his face that made me an eyebrow in suspicion.

“I’m gonna go ahead and introduce myself as your boyfriend!” He declared as he started down the hall without me.

It took a while for the information to sink in. What...did...he just....

“YAH! KIM JONGIN GET BACK HERE!”

 

---

A/N: Hiiii Everyone! So...I'm exhausted from school (partially my fault because I stayed up until 2am last night reading a JongTae fanfic which was utterly depressing and I was crying...and I had to wake up at 6 this morning for school...)

 

Anyyyywayyys. I GOT MY EXO T-SHIRT TODAY! It's like...I don't know if you guys have seen the pics but it's the same ones that the members have. It's this one: (Kai baby <3)

 

So yeah....I really really like the shirt.....and yeah...Nothing else to really say but I'm exhausted and I'm about to pass out right now. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. And special thanks to KaiBaekhyunLoverr for the comment ^^ I really appreciate it and I'm happy that you enjoy the story.

Until next time~ See you!