New Job

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

About a week later, I was awakened by the ringing of my phone. Luckily I was supposed to get up for class within the next 10 minutes anyways so I didn’t feel the urge to murder whoever was calling.

“Yobeosaeyo?” I called into the phone.

“This is Kim Soo Rin, the employment manager for SM Entertainment. Am I speaking to Ms. Park Yoonae right now?”

I took a while for my mind to digest everything she just said. Some lady, employment manager, SM Entertainment, looking for me. What?

“U-Um, yes this is Park Yoonae.” I replied, unsure of how to continue the conversation. Fortunately, I didn’t have to.

“So recently I had received a resume from you about applying in the celebrity management field of our company. You had applied to be a coordinator and make-up artist right?”

I did what?!

“I...Actually I don’t remember-”

“Sorry, I have a very important meeting to attend to soon. Is it alright if I see you for an interview this afternoon? 4pm. I will meet you in the lobby of the SM building.”

“U-Uh, sure.”

“Alright I’ll see you then. Bye Ms. Park.”

I sat there stunned while staring at my phone. What...just...happened?

---

“So...what should I do?” I asked Ji Eun as we had lunch together between classes. I told her about my whole sudden job offer and everything and how I absolutely knew NOTHING about it at all.

“I don’t know...shouldn’t you go anyways? I mean it is a job offer and you get to work for such a big company alongside the boys.”

“Yeah but what if it’s just a scam?” I replied.

“They knew your name didn’t they? Besides, there’s no harm in going to the SM building especially if you have an invite. It’s not like some crazy guy is trying kidnap you or something.”

“It doesn’t help that I didn’t even send in my resume there! I didn’t even think of looking there!”

She rolled her eyes at me. “Well you know what Yoonae? Someone did. And you should take the opportunity to check it out alright?”

I sighed and finally gave in. There’s nothing wrong with trying. “I guess I’ll go.”

She smiled. “I knew I could convince you.”

---

I fiddled nervously with my fingers as I sat in my seat at the interview. Across from me was the employment manager and lead coordinator of SM Entertainment.

“So...we asked you to come today because we wanted to tell you the basics of what your job involves and what your schedule will look like.” Ms. Kim, the employment manager said. “I understand you are a student, yes?”

I nodded. “I’m a full time student at Kyunghee University. A music major.”

“That’s good! So you are generally free in the evenings and the weekends right?” I nodded. She then went on to tell me that I will be working part time and basically job shadowing all the main coordi noonas, assisting them with hair, make-up, clothes and anything they basically saw fit.

Although I was nervous at the sound of the job despite the fact that I had landed it without trying, I felt an even greater relief when I found out that I would mainly be working with EXO since they are a new group and as they become more popular and have more schedules in the future, I would hopefully be able to work full-time for them.

“So...are you busy next Thursday evening?” I shook my head. She grinned immediately.

“Great! We’ll see you at the CJ E&M Center Studio. I’ll send you the address and time some time this evening alright?”

“Yes, that would be great.” I said, smiling at her. “Thank you so much, I really appreciate this job.”

She stood up and I followed. We shook hands and she sent me back a warm smile. “No problem. Did you have any questions?”

“Um...yeah actually. How did you receive my resume actually? I don’t remember....”

She winked at me. “It’s a secret.”

A....secret?

---

On Thursday the next week, I walked into the CJ E&M Center Studio and searched for EXO-K who was going to perform on M!Countdown that evening.

When I walked into the waiting room nervously and began bowing to all the senior stylists and managers there, I quickly got attacked by a tall force, almost knocking me over as whoever it was, strangled me in a hug.

I finally caught sight of the anonymous figure when he pulled away and grinned at me. “Hi Yoonae!”

“Sehun-oppa~” I cheered and hugged him again. A cough came from inside the room, separating us apart.

“Yoonae-shii, I believe you are here to help with the hair and make-up?” Their manager hinted. I quickly avoided Sehun and bowed to everybody in the room who was staring at us by now.

“Ne, Park Yoonae-imnida, I hope that I will be able to assist you from now on. It’s nice meeting you all.” After my introduction, Sehun dragged me into the room with a giant smile on his face.

“Is it true? You’re working with us now?” I nodded and got him to sit down on the couch before I went to find out what I could help with. When I finally managed to find the head make-up artist and ask them what to do, they directed me to Kai who was untouched and sitting casually in the corner.

“Can you just prep his face for me? You know, foundation, cover the blemishes and all.” I nodded and set out to do as I was told.

As I approached him, he looked up and grinned at me. “You’re working for me now?”

“Working along side you.” I corrected. He rolled his eyes. I grabbed his arm and ungracefully dragged him to a vacant chair in front of the giant make-up mirrors.

“Aish~ Why do you always have to be so rough? Not feminine at all.” I glared at him and began touching up his dark eye circles with concealer.

“You should sleep more.” I commented as I began to blend it in a bit.

“Easy for you to say.” He replied. I then began setting the foundation on his face and noticed a scratch on his cheek, it seemed fresh, but not extremely noticeable.

“What happened?” I asked him as I stopped to trace it with a finger. He flinched at the contact.

“I got attacked by a fangirl while we were walking in.” He said without care. “Can you cover it up?”

“I’ll try my best.” I told him as I began to work away at it. For some reason, being this close to him and actually being able to help him in some way in return made me happy. I still had a weird feeling though, every time I got close to his face, touching up his almost flawless skin, his shining eyes and his soft- I mean....pretty? Um...nice lips.

At first I thought the feeling was because I was nervous about messing up my job. Who knew how many fangirls would be after me if I did. Even after two weeks of working there though, the feeling still continued.

---

“Why are you so happy today?” Jongin asked as I worked on his make-up. They were at M!Countdown again and it was already my third week on the job. By then, all the other make-up artists had trusted me enough to do all of his make-up in hopes that I wouldn’t ruin the image of EXO’s visual.

“Oh nothing~ I just got a really happy call this morning.” I said cheerfully as I brushed over his forehead in rhythm.

“I see...was it from Luhan or something?”

“Nope. But it was about him.” I watched he closed his eyes and allowed me to continue with my work.

“What about him?”

“Oh...just that I’m going to see him tomorrow because I get to go do his make-up for Super Show 4!” I cheered and jumped a bit in excitement causing a feel looks and giggles from around the room.

His eyes snapped open and he stared at me. “You WHAT?!”

“Close your eyes Jongin, I need to put on your shiner and shadow.” He closed them again and I began to explain.

“See, they don’t have enough make-up artists for EXO-M tomorrow and the two days after for Super Show 4 in Indonesia because one of them has gotten sick. Since I’m a part-timer, they’re sending me off tomorrow morning to help them.”

As soon as I was done fixing up his eyelids, and the rest of his eye makeup he opened his eyes and glared at me.

“What about me?” He asked. I dipped a lip brush into some natural coloured lip gloss and began tracing it over his lips.  

“You have other noonas here to help you. You don’t need me.”

“But we have 3 more performances this week.” He replied. I shrugged and finished up.

“Deal with it.” I told him and gave his face one last look. “Perfect. You look a million times more acceptable now.”

“So what you’re saying is, you’re ditching us tomorrow and for the next 2 performances after.”

“Jongin, stop being so childish.” I told him, “This is my job besides, someone else has done your makeup before.”

“Job? You know what else is your job? I want water right now so go get me some.” He demanded.

“What am I? I’m your make-up artist, not your slave.”

“Same thing!”

“Yoonae, can you help me with Baekhyun’s eyeliner? It’s not sitting properly.” One of the girls called. I gave one last glare to Kai before walking over to Baekhyun’s chair.

From the reflection of the mirror I watched Kai storm out of the room. What’s up his today? Sheesh, way to ruin my mood.

“You and Kai got in an argument again?” Baekhyun asked as I began drawing thin lines right under his eyelids.

“He’s such a child honestly. I don’t even know why I put up with him. He got mad because I’m not here to do his makeup for the next 3 days, can you believe it? Just when I was so happy about being able to see Luhan again too.”

“Maybe he’s jealous.” I scoffed.

“Or he’s just a self-conceited, narcissistic jerk.” I grumbled. Baekhyun chuckled.

“You know, he’s not a bad guy really.”

“In what way?”

“Well...he did help you hide from our manager that day you stayed over. And then he did help you when your mom passed away too right?” I began to feel bad after he said that.

“Yoonae, I don’t think he wants you to know this but...he also helped you get this job too.”

I looked up at Baekhyun in utter shock. What? I always thought it was Baekhyun that helped me land the job after I talked to him about it and everything. It only made sense because I did give him a copy of my resume after he said he would help me look.

Baekhyun chuckled at my speechlessness.

“Yup, that day you told me about the job thing, he heard us. After that, I gave him a copy of your resume and he personally went up to the head office to make a request for you.”

“He wouldn’t...” I mumbled, still not believing the words that I was hearing.

“But he did.” He replied and smiled at me. “Trust me Yoonae, he’s not that bad of a guy.”

“FIVE MINUTES!” The stage director yelled from the door. I immediately snapped back into reality and finished up Baekhyun’s eyeliner. After the all went on stage, I left to go home and pack for my trip to Indonesia all the while feeling extremely guilty inside.

I took out my phone and texted Jongin before going to sleep.

From: Yoonae
Sorry.

I waited for a bit but there was no reply so I sighed and closed my eyes, forcing myself to go to sleep before the long day tomorrow.

 

---

A/N: Hii everyone! I hope you liked this chapter. And thank you thank you thank you for all those that did the poll and commented as well as all my subscribers =]

 

If you haven't yet answered the poll, or wasn't able to choose-like me!- please go back and pick one at some point. I'll probably post the link next chapter as well. Tehehe.
 

The results I got so far actually did shock me a bit. You guys really like Jongin eh? (Who am I kidding? It's to be expected since all...if not most of you guys came here for him. And I made him pretty nice for the last few chapters.) But Baekhyun...I put that in randomly xD I didn't expect anyone to actually vote for BaekYoon. No worries, their relationship does evolve as does LuYoon and KaiYoon as well of course. =]

 

So yeah....coolios....gotta do homework...while catching up with To The Beautiful You. Tehehehe.

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Chen, Luhan, Taemin, Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Youngmin and Kwangmin's Wifey