Indonesia

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

The first thing I did when I woke up in the morning was check my texts only to feel disappointed when there wasn’t any waiting for me. I sighed, maybe Jongin really was angry yesterday.

I didn’t have much time to laze around before heading to the office to report to my manager and then going straight to the airport to check in for my 7 hour flight. As I sat on the plane, I looked around me and fiddled around with everything possible. It wasn’t my first time on the plane, (my mother brought me on vacation when I was younger) but it was definitely my first time sitting in the first class section.

The flight was completely booked up so as a last minute plan, they had to book me a first class seat. After about 3 hours of fiddling with the touchscreen in front of me and watching a movie, lunch was served and then I fell asleep. I woke up just in time for the landing and immediately contacted EXO-M’s manager.

There was barely any time left before the concert and I was rushed backstage without time to even drop off my bags at the hotel.

When we got in, the manager directed me to the lead coordi who was not looking very pleased at the moment.

“Um...excuse me, I’m Park Yoonae, a new makeup artist in training. Is there something I could help you with?” I asked her as calmly as possible to protect myself from a potentially hostile creature.

“THANK HEAVENS YOU’RE HERE! Okay, you know what you’re doing for makeup and stuff right? I need you to help me with Kris. Go find him and do his makeup. We have ten minutes.”

I looked around and found Kris already sitting in one of the makeup chairs, his hair perfectly styled for their guest performance.

“Um...Hi Kris.” I greeted nervously. I found myself still being very cautious around him because after everything that happened, I still wasn’t sure which level our relationship was at.

“Oh, Yoonae, what are you doing there?” He asked, looking up from his phone in surprise.

I grinned at him. At least he wasn’t grouchy today. “I’m a new coordinator in training. I’m here to do your makeup today.”

He gave me a skeptical look. “Are you sure about this....?”

“I’d like to believe so...I’ve been doing Kai’s makeup for the last two weeks so...it’s something right?” I asked hoping- begging to God that he would trust in me this one time or at least not make me feel any worse about myself than I already felt.

“Hm...” What kind of answer was that? I tried to read his expression, was I in trouble? I watched as he closed his eyes which was -hopefully- a signal for me to proceed.

I did all the basics, primer, concealer, BB Cream and after his skin looked basically flawless, I began panicking. I’ve never seen anyone work on his makeup before, and I didn’t pay nearly enough attention to him as I should have in the few interviews I have watched him in, so how was I supposed to know what to do with his makeup?

He opened his eyes to look at me as I hesitated. “What’s the matter?”

“I...nothing. What are you guys performing today? History and MAMA?” He nodded.

“And the finale with Super Junior.” He said. I nodded and began to visualize the details of his face for the History MV and the makeup he had on during the showcase.

He gave me a reassuring smile. “You can do this. Take your time.”

It didn’t help that immediately afterwards, someone poked their head into the room and told us 5 more minutes until they were due to be back stage.

I began with going through the usual routine I do with Kai and then added a bit more from there. The eyeliner was thicker than the usual amount I would put on Kai but it worked well with Kris’s features. Afterwards, I made sure to put on slightly more blush and bronzers to balance off the harsh lighting they would have on stage.

After I was finished, I called one of the more experienced ones over to look him over. She touched up the tiniest bits before giving him the okay.

Kris in turn checked himself in the mirror and smiled at me. He SMILED.

“I...” He began to speak but then he stopped himself half way, his smile disappearing and his usual scowl taking its place. “Thanks.” He told me before walking off.

---

After the show, I was finally able to greet the members who were tired and sweaty from the long concert. The second my eyes met Luhan’s, his tired frown turned into a bright smile.

“Yoonae, why are you here?” He asked me before hugging me tightly. I returned it, not minding the looks from others. It wasn’t over board....friends hug too.

“You just noticed?” I pretended to be disappointed. “I’ve been here since the beginning of the concert.”

“REALLY?!” I nodded and laughed at his stunned expression.

“I’m your makeup artist for the next two days.” I told him.

“Why didn’t you...”

“I didn’t want to distract you from your work.” I said and finally let go of him. “Speaking of which, I better to my job now and clean up after you guys. Hand me your jacket please Mr. Lu.”

He rolled his eyes before shrugging off his jacket and handing it to me. I looked around and since everyone was busy with their own thing,  I quickly reached up and pecked him on the cheek.

He grinned before my cheek. “I’ll talk to you later alright?” I nodded, and without another word, I tore myself away from his loving gaze and returned to the task at hand.

After I finished everything that I was supposed to do, we loaded onto the vans to head back to the hotel. I didn’t really have time to talk to Luhan until we were situated in the hall for the hotel rooms.

“Where are you sleeping tonight?” Lay asked me. All the boys were outside waiting with me which I was extremely grateful for considering they must have been so tired themselves.

“I think I’m sharing a room with your manager. It’s the only one-”

“NO!” Luhan automatically intervened, grabbing my hand. “You are not going in there and sleeping beside some random man. Sure he’s our manager, but I won’t allow it.”

“Luhan, don’t you think that’s a bit exa-”

“I said NO!” He snapped at Xiumin who held his hands up in defeat.

“But hyung, what else can we do?” Tao asked quietly.

Everyone stood in silence and waited for someone to come up with an idea. What really confused me was how a few minutes later, Kris walked into his room and dragged out his luggage. Without a word, our eyes followed him until he walked to the manager’s room down the hall and knocked on the door.

“Hyung, can I stay with you tonight? I have some stuff to talk to you about.” Kris said.

“I wish I could Kris but the new coordi trainee is sharing a room with me.”

“I already talked with her about it, we agreed to switch. Please hyung? It’s really important.”

We all listened anxiously for the manager’s answer.

“Well...I guess that’s okay as long as you guys have talked it over.” With that, Kris disappeared into the room and we all let out a breath of relief. I left a huge mental note to myself to thank him as soon as I saw him again.

I felt a hand take mine gently, entwining their fingers into mine. I looked up at Luhan and he smiled down at me.

“Shall we go?” He asked, picking up my small luggage from the ground. I beamed at him kissed him on the cheek.

“Let’s.”

Just as we closed the door, there was a dramatic shout from outside our room.

“Oh dear God! I’m not going to be able to get any sleep tonight!” Chen yelled. Luhan and I looked at each other and blushed at his words. Outside, we could hear Xiumin scolding the younger for causing a ruckus.

Both of us took turns taking a shower before turning in for the night. When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Luhan sitting with his back against the headboard of one of the beds as he casually surfed through the channels on TV. He looked up at me and patted the spot beside him.

I immediately climbed in and made myself comfy in his arms, ignoring the other perfectly made bed in the room. He leaned down and kissed me slowly and gently, both of us savouring the moment. I sighed in content when we parted.

I could get used to this feeling. I told myself. It was awkward to compare to but the last and only time I was in a closed room, on a bed with someone else was with Kai when he was hiding me from the manager.

I shook the horrifying thought from my head and returned to concentrating on Luhan. It didn’t surprise me that he was staring back at me the entire time.

“See something you like?” I asked him. He smirked...Luhan smirked....before attacking me fully on the lips again. We broke apart, gasping for air this time, both of us ended up laying on the bed.

“I love you.” He told me before kissing me softly one more time. “I’m so happy you got this job.”

“I love you too.” I told him, kissing him in return. “And yes, I’m very happy to be here.”

“How did you get this job anyways? I thought you were still studying.”

“Jongin helped me.” I replied honestly. It hurt me when I said it though, I owed Jongin and apology and a big giant thank-you.

Luhan raised an eyebrow. “Jongin helped you? First of all, since when were you two so close? Second of all, how did he help you?”

“According to Baekhyun-oppa, he personally went up to the head office with my resume to request for an opportunity for my employment. I knew nothing about it.”

“Oh...I see.” Luhan said. “You still didn’t answer my first question though.”

“What question?”

“Since when were you two so close?” He asked again. I shrugged.

“I don’t think we’re that close, he still picks on me and I still hate his guts. He’s just more tolerable some times. I guess we’re ‘friends’ or something...afterall, he did help me.”

“Oh...I see...”

“Oh please don’t tell me you’re jealous Hannie.” I teased.

“I.....I-It’s hard not to be.” He blushed, “He gets to spend so much time with you and everything.”

I chuckled. “If you’re jealous of Jongin, then you have a long way to go Hannie. Do you know how much I fangirl over like...everybody? Jongin introduced me to Taemin about a month ago.”

“He did?!” Luhan exclaimed, a hint of jealousy flickered in his eyes. “What did you say to Taemin?”

“Oh nothing...just that he’s one of my favourite idols EVER and that I totally love him and he dances so well. He was so sweet and everything too. Oh and I got to see him perform live. His dancing is …HEAVENLY.”

I looked over at Luhan who immediately had “I-am-jealous” written all over his face. He pouted the most ADORABLE pout I had ever seen and looked away from me.

“Unfortunately, he’s not my ultimate bias though. Did I ever tell you who they are?”

“Do I wanna know?” He grumbled under his breath.

I smirked. “I have two actually.”

He sighed. “Even better.”

“Ryeowook and Sungmin from Super Junior!” I cheered. “I can’t believe I got to see their concert today and I’ll be working with them tomorrow. You’ll introduce me to them won’t you Luhan? Won’t you pleasseeee.”

He full out frowned. “You’re kidding me right?”

“Nope.” He didn’t say anything but I knew that I should stop the teasing now or things would escalate again. I shivered at the memories of what happened last time.

“Lulu.” I called to him.

“Oppa~” He didn’t respond. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him my best pout ever.

“Luhan-ah, you know I love you right?”

“And Sungmin-sunbaenim and Ryeowook-sunbaenim.”

I shook my head and smiled. “Sure, they’re my favourite idols but I love you Luhan-ah, only you.”

I leaned up and kissed him which he returned instantly. “You have no idea how happy I am right now. I missed you so much.” I told him.

He grinned. “Me too.” He kissed me again before tucking the both of us in. “We should go to sleep now. Sweet dreams my love.”

I yawned and smiled at him before closing my eyes. “Goodnight. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

---

 

A/N: For all you LuYoon shippers =] Finally some fluff. Happy Thanksgiving!