Talk To Me

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

"Are you sure you're going to be alright?” I let out a deep breath before nodding to my bestfriend. “Stay strong alright?”

We were at my place, to hang out for a bit before I was to leave for China. EXO was going to film for Happy Camp as 12 for the show’s 15th anniversary. A few of the full time makeup artists and stylists had to stay with Super Junior to help with their comeback stages so I was recruited to go abroad for two days.

Unfortunately, since we were off to China, it meant that I had to see Jongin more often and I had to confront Luhan as well. At this point, I still had no idea what to say to him after our argument.

“I’ll try.” I told Ji Eun who looked at me sympathetically.

“Do you need me to drop you off at the airport?” She asked.

“No, it’s alright, but it would be nice if you could drop me off at the SM building. We’re meeting there.” She nodded and not long after, we left.

When we got to the building, all the members were there. Ji Eun and I quickly greeted Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were chatting excitedly about the trip and seeing the others again despite it only being a few weeks since their last encounter.

“Ji Eun! What are you doing here?” Chanyeol greeted hyperly as we walked towards them.

Ji Eun eyed their manager not standing too far away before turning back to her boyfriend. “Just dropping off Yoonae and checking on my cousin’s second family.” She replied.

Chanyeol, who didn’t seem to catch on, looked at her in utter confusion.

“Chen’s her ‘cousin’, remember?” I whispered to the clueless giant.

Chanyeol let out a soft “oohhhh” after finally understanding the situation.

“Guys, we have to go now.” Suho said, appearing seemingly out of no where. “Let’s get in the van now.”

I gave Ji Eun a brief hug before following the others to the door. From the corner of my eye, I saw Chanyeol and my bestfriend lingering in a hug before sadly leaving each other.

“I miss her already.” Chanyeol pretended to sob as he caught up to me.

“Deal with it, you’ll only be gone for two days.” I replied. He sighed.

“I don’t know how you and Luhan do it.” I didn’t say anything to that. Sure, for the most part, the long distance thing worked out great but I did miss him so much. Not only that, our relationship wasn’t necessarily in the best condition at the moment.

For the most part, I stuck with Baekhyun or one of my co-workers for the duration of the trip. Somehow, I even managed to stay in Baekyeol’s room and avoid Jongin’s room completely this time.

I couldn’t say the same for the next day though. We went to the set to film early despite the fact that the group wasn’t even going to be on the entire show.

Without a word, I set off to do Jongin’s makeup. Neither of us made eye contact or spoke a word to each other. It was harder said than done. The atmosphere between the two of us was tense and honestly speaking, I didn’t like this side of Jongin. Without his snarky remarks and cheesy jokes, Jongin was just....empty.

“LUHAN-HYUNG!”

Both Jongin and I visibly flinched from the loud outburst by Sehun who greeted each EXO-M member as they entered the room. I stood there, watching the exchange between members as they energetically greeted each other.

Luhan looked up, his eyes met mine and almost instantly, his smile vanished from his face.
“Yoonae, you’re not done yet, are you?” Jongin’s voice snapped me back to reality and away from Luhan’s peircing gaze.

I mumbled a quick “sorry” before turning around and continuing with my work. When I was done, I let Jongin go and set off to look for Baekhyun, my second usual target. Unfortunately, his makeup was already done, all I had to do was touch up his eye-liner.

“Yoonae, we don’t have much time left. Is it alright if you help me with Luhan’s makeup?” One of the EXO-M coordis asked.

I looked bewilderedly up at Luhan who remained with an unreadable expression. My heart began beating faster as he walked up to me. There was so many things I had to say to him, but at the same time, I had no idea where to start and what to say.

“Hwaiting.” Baekhyun whispered as he walked by me and patted me on the shoulder. Without a word, Luhan took the vacant chair that Baekhyun had just left behind.

Neither of us greeted each other as I began doing my work. When I was about half way done, I sighed and decided, if there was any time to do it, this was my time to talk to him because he couldn’t run away even if he tried.

Taking a deep breath in and letting it out, I began.

“Luhan-ah, can we talk?” He didn’t say anything.

“Okay, I guess I’ll talk then.” I said. Once again, there was no reaction from him. Regardless, I began.

“Luhan...I love you and only you. You know that don’t you?” He didn’t respond.

“I love you with all my heart and honestly speaking, Jongin and I are just friends. Nothing more.”

“And how am I supposed to believe you when you two are obviously so close and everything?” Luhan finally spoke. His words struck me like a bullet.

“You...don’t trust me?” My voice was broken as I tried to consider the possibilities. Has our relationship really taken such a damaging toll?

“I...I don’t know anymore Yoonae. It’s hard.”

“It shouldn’t be hard.” I retorted instantly. “If you say you love me, then it shouldn’t be hard for you to trust me.”

“It’s not that. It’s hard to constantly be away from you, knowing fairly well that Jongin sees you day in, day out.” He sighed. “I thought about our argument that day and...I’m sorry Yoonae. I didn’t realize how jealous I was and how irrational I was being.”

That surprised me quite a bit. “You are jealous of Jongin?!” He blushed and nodded. I simply stood there, flabbergasted for a while.

“Luhan...you....are jealous of Jongin. Kim. Jong. In.” He looked down and began playing with his fingers.

“Out of all people, you should have no reason to be jealous of Jongin! Are you kidding me? You’re so much better than that jerk! You can sing, you can dance, you speak 3 languages almost, if not, completely fluently. You are caring, you are smart, you are sweet, and as far as looks go, you can’t even lose to him! You’re cute and handsome at the same time. I don’t mean to sound like a fangirl, but you’re all I could ever ask for.”

“I’m not as perfect as you think, Yoonae.” Luhan said quietly. I sighed.

“I know that. And I’ve never asked you to be perfect. I don’t expect you to be perfect. I mean look at how jealous you get over the smallest things. You’re scared of heights and yet, you fly from city to city, country to country as part of your job.” I said.

“I love you for who you are. You have no reason to be jealous.”

“Great. I’m so stupid.” He grumbled and buried his face in his hands.

“YAH!” I scolded him. “I was working on that!”

He immediately lifted his face, both his cheeks tinted in pink. I couldn’t help but laugh before fixing up whatever he messed up and continuing.

“So...are we okay now?” I asked him nervously. Luckily, his eyes were closed so I didn’t have to meet his gaze, otherwise, I would be completely trembling by then.

When he didn’t reply for a while, I stopped my work and stepped back. So I wasn’t forgiven. It really is over this time.

“Yoonae?” He opened his eyes to look at me.

“S-Sorry. I’ll keep going with your makeup.” I stepped forward again, the brush trembling in my hand. Before I was even able to touch his face with the brush, he took my shaking hand in his.

“You shouldn’t be the one apologizing.” His voice was smooth and gentle as he spoke. “I’m sorry for accusing you the other day. I’m sorry for not listening to you and I should have trusted you.”

“It’s alright, I can see where you’re coming from...”

“No.” He said. “It’s no excuse. I should have trusted you. You’re my girlfriend afterall.”

“Luhan, enough.” I stopped him. “Let’s just pretend it never happened alright? Let’s just start again, just you and me.”

He broke out into a huge smile and reached up to kiss me.

“Yah!” I scolded him after backing off. Our lips had met just the slightest bit but yet, I could feel my face turning red already. “There are other people around.”

He rolled his eyes. “Who cares about them?”

I hit him on the head and told him to sit down while I finished up my work. Not long after I finished, all the boys were called on stage. He gave me a long hug before whispering into my ear: “I love you.”

I felt a grin subconsciously forming on my face. “I love you too.” I told him.

With that, they left.

Luckily, we were allowed to watch the filming. Luhan looked like he was in a much better mood than he was in this morning.

All the boys joked around as if they were 8 year olds but at the same time, when it came to the performance, they were so serious it was like completely different people.

I watched as Luhan and Jongin conversed without a care in the world as the camera focused on other members. It was then that I remembered that the two were bestfriends long before I was even in the picture. I was just happy that whatever arguments I had with either of them didn’t affect the way they were with each other.

It was then that I decided, I wasn’t going to tell Luhan about what happened between Jongin and I. Even though I knew I shouldn’t be hiding something like that from him, their friendship was a lot more important.

I sighed as I looked at Jongin. I had no idea what has gotten into him. It wasn’t like him to do something so stupid. I wanted to confront him about it, afterall, he was one of my bestfriends. But my conscience screamed for me to stay away from him.

Just for now. For Luhan. I thought to myself. When he finally becomes the Jongin I know again, we can be friends.

Jongin, I miss you.

 

---

A/N: To all my Luyoon shippers out there: YAY! Seeee I'm not that mean. 
To all my Kaiyoon shippers: Sorry =( They'll be friends again soon...I hope?

Anyways, I'm off to a party soon so I'll leave it at that. See you all soon!

Thank you all my subscribers, commenters, and readers! You guys are amazing!

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Kai, Taemin, Luhan, Sehun, Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Baekhyun's Wifey!