New Apartments, Jackets, and Teddy Bears

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

“Wow! This is your new place?” Ji Eun ran into my new apartment and bounced excitedly. I couldn’t help but laugh at her childish behaviour.

“I’m only renting it for now. I might just buy it after I start working full time and finish college.” I told her. I went in to turn on the air conditioning and check out the rooms. Earlier in the week I had already gotten people to help move the furniture over and the landowner was nice enough to provide the appliances for me.

“Where do you want these boxes?” I turned around and laughed as a giant Chanyeol came in with a box where his face used to be.

“Um, that box should go in the bedroom.” I peeked behind him only to find the rest of the EXO boys in the same position. “Baekhyun-oppa, Kyungsoo-oppa yours can stay in the living room. Suho-oppa, can you drop that one in the empty room? Jongin, that one belongs in the bedroom and Sehun’s in the kitchen.”

“So demanding.” I heard Jongin mumble as they all scattered to their respective locations.

“So...is there anything to do here?” Chanyeol asked as he lounged on the couch with his arm around Ji Eun.

“Well...I don’t have cable yet but if you want, you can set up the PS3 and play.” With that, the giant immediately shot up out of his seat.

“Which box?” He asked excitedly. I pointed to the correct one and watched as he pounced on it. Ji Eun watched her boyfriend and laughed at his childish behaviour.

I left the happy couple to themselves and went to the kitchen to see how things were going. Inside, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were stacking up all the dishes and utensils I brought over.

“Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate this.” I said, hugging them each individually. They smiled in return and shooed me away from the kitchen, telling me to relax.

I spotted Suho and Sehun sitting by the television with Chanyeol and Ji Eun, trying to figure the gaming system so I left them in search of the missing member.

I found Kai lounging on my bed with his phone in his hand, beside him was all the boxes of clothes that I had brought from the old house.

“What are you doing?” I asked him as I sat beside him.

“Nothing, just checking out our fan cafes and stuff.”

I looked at his phone and actually caught him searching up photos of himself. “Seriously?” I mumbled.

He shifted so that his head was on my lap before looking up at me. “What?”

“You’re looking up pictures of yourself.”

He shrugged. “So?”

I facepalmed myself and decided not to argue against him. Stupid prince syndrome.

“By the way, what do you think you’re doing? Get off my lap.” I scolded, giving a frustrated sigh when he refused to move.

“Tch, you look so ugly.” I murmured under my breath as I looked at the pictures he was going through.

“EXCUSE ME?!” He exclaimed in disbelief.

“Didn’t I ever tell you that you look so ugly when you’re on stage? So full of yourself and everything, trying to act all cool when you’re not.” He opened his mouth, about to argue back but I stopped him when I noticed the jacket was wearing that performance.


“Hold on.” I hushed him and pushed him off me. He cursed when he was thrown aside and glared daggers at me. Meanwhile, I just ignored him and began searching through the boxes.

After a few minutes of searching, I managed to find the bag with the jacket that I bought for him in Indonesia.

“Here.” I held the bag out for him and he eyed me questioningly before taking it. “I bought it for you in Indonesia.”

He took the jacket out of the bag and held it up, inspecting it carefully. “This looks like the jacket I wore for the performance the other day.”

I nodded. “I thought it looked nice on you so I bought this one. It’s not the same but....try it on!”

He nodded obediently and slipped on the light leather jacket. I smiled at the outcome, it actually really looked nice on him. He fiddled with the sleeves and I stopped him before I reached up to fix his collar.

“Now all you need to do is learn how to wear it properly.” I said, giving him a pointed look. “Without slipping it off your shoulders.”

“You have a problem with that too?” He seemed pretty annoyed by my nagging.

“Everybody has a problem with it.” I corrected before stepping back and smiling. “Looks good.”

“Everything looks good on me.” I glared at him. “Sorry.” He mumbled.

I laughed at his sudden submissive behaviour. “It’s alright, I was expecting you to say something like that anyways.” I replied. He let out a smirk but then suddenly became serious.

“Are you sure you’re going to live here alone?” He asked as we sat on the bed again.

“I’ll be fine.” I reassured him but at the same time, it almost seemed like I was trying to convince myself. I can’t hide in my past forever. It’s time to move on. “I’ll be fine.” I repeated.

“Well...you know I’ll always be there if you need me right?” He stumbled a few times on his words and avoided eye contact with me. I tried to see his expression but he was looking down, concentrated on playing with the sleeves of his new jacket.

I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. This right here is my favourite Jongin. Not the charismatic one on stage that all the fans scream over. And although the jealous and playful one is fun...I liked this one the best.

“Hey Jongin....”

“Yeah?”

“Um...Thank you. For everything.”

“No problem...”

“YAH! JONGIN! YOONAE! WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!” Chanyeol shouted before bounding into the room with a wide grin on his face. Someone had a little too much sugar this morning.

Both Jongin and I immediately parted from each other, faces red as if we have been caught red handed in some criminal act.

“Ooooo what were you two doing together all lovey dovey?” Chanyeol teased, wagging his eyebrows jokingly.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol!” Jongin shouted, chasing after the laughing idiot.

“That’s hyung to you!” I heard him shouting down the hall. I sighed and grabbed everything I would need for work before heading out.

“These idiots.”

---

After the show, we all went to a small fair. It was dark already but the time we got there so not many people were able to spot the boys clearly.

“Channie! That looks delicious!” Ji Eun cried and pointed to a korean snack stand, immediately dragging him off.

The rest of us walked around the place, looking at all the small booths, some selling stuff, some containing games with prizes. There was even a photo booth that we all crowded into and ended up occupying for about half an hour.

“Oh my gosh! It’s a giant teddy bear!” I tugged on Kai’s sleeve and jumped up and down enthusiastically as I pointed to the booth with a whack-a-mole game. “Get me one! Get me one!”

“How old are you?” He asked me, rolling his eyes.

“Jongin, just get it for her.” Suho insisted. I looked up at Jongin who stared down at me disapprovingly.

I pouted. “Please?”

“I told you not to do that, you look ugly.” I full out scowled at him and started to hit him harshly on the arm.

“Alright! Alright! I’m just kidding.” He ducked away from my hand, moved behind me and started pushing me towards the booth.

“She wants that bear.” He told the guy there and pointed to the teddy bear. “How do I get it?”

“You’re making it sound like a burden!” I whined at him. Jongin rolled his eyes and turned to the booth tender.

“5 dollars a round. You just need to win against at least another 3 people.” He motioned to the kids lined up to play beside him.

Jongin bit his lip and turned to me. “You sure you want me to play with these kids? It’s hardly fair! They’re like what? 8?”

I looked at the kids and then looked at the bear hanging on the side. “Please Jongin?” I begged him.

“But it’s so embarrassing. When I beat them, they’re to be sad. And their parents are going to think that I pick on children or something.”

I pouted and crossed my arms. “Only you would be worried about your stupid image. I bet Luhan would do it for me in a heartbeat.”

“I’ll do it!” I smirked and mentally celebrated in victory. I knew it would work.

As expected, Jongin beat the kids by over 100 points, leaving the kids with frowns written all over their faces. Their parents didn’t look impressed.

“Umma~~ The ahjussi is really mean!” One of the little boys complained, on the verge of tears as Kai took the bear from the booth tender.

“Hey! I’m not an ahjussi! Do you know who I am-” I immediately cover his mouth with my hand, giving him a look.

“Do you want them to know who you are?” I threatened him. He thought about it and shook his head.

I let go of him and almost jumped out of my skin when I saw him getting to eye level with the small boy and the boy hit him on the head with a closed fist.

“YOU!” I sent him another look. He sighed. “I guess I deserved that.”

“Hey kiddo.” He started. “You see this pretty noona over here?”

The kid looked up at me with wide, innocent eyes and I grinned at him happily. He returned it greeted me with a cheerful “Hii Noona! Jaewon-imnida!”

“Hello Jaewon. I’m Yoonae.” He immediately smiled and jumped into my arms, almost knocking me backwards.

“I like Yoonae-noona!”

Jongin chuckled beside me. Jaewon smiled up at me. “Yoonae-noona is very pretty.”

Jongin decided to speak up then. “So...this pretty noona here really wanted the teddy bear so she asked hyung to win it for her. So don’t be mad alright?”

Jaewon looked at Jongin for a little before turning back to me. “Noona, is that true?” I nodded. “So noona’s boyfriend wanted to win a bear for noona?”

I nodded but then froze. Boyfriend? “N-no, no no no. Jaewon-ah, he’s not my boyf-”

“Yes, I just wanted to win this for my girlfriend Jaewon-ah. Is that alright?” Jongin asked as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

Jaewon nodded enthusiastically. Jongin smiled and ruffled his hair. “That’s good. Thank you Jaewon-ah.”

“You’re welcome hyung-nim. Noona, are you happy?” Jaewon asked me. I looked at Jongin who just smiled back at me. I felt my face heat up under his gaze so I immediately looked away and turned to Jaewon instead.

“Yeah, noona is happy.”

“That’s good!” It was then that Jaewon’s mother told him they had to go. “I hope to see you again Noona! By evil hyung! You better take care of Noona for me!”

“Aish! This brat...” Jongin mumbled but there was a smile etched into his face. We stopped up and Jongin gave me the bear before we went to find the others that were conversing a few meters away.

“Thanks Jongin.” I told him just before we got there.

“Hey! You guys are back!” Sehun greeted, running over to me.

“I see you actually got it.” Baekhyun said with approval in his voice. “You’re nice today.”

“You think I’m nice. I just took the chance away from 3 kids that could have won it.” Jongin replied.

I frowned. “Fine, if you’re so worried about the kids, I can give this to one of them.” I said. I watched as Jongin draped his arm around my shoulders again.

“I won that for you, you better not give it away.” He threatenly whispered into my ears. I shivered at the close contact and nodded with a blush tinted on my face.

“HEY GUYS!” Ji Eun cheered as she joined us with an ice cream cone in hand. Chanyeol was beside her with one of his own.

“Oh, who won the teddy bear?” Chanyeol asked. They all looked pointedly at Kai who shrugged as if it was no big deal.

“Let’s go home now guys, we still have a photoshoot to go to tomorrow morning.” Suho said. We all began to walk towards the parking lot when Jongin (whose arm was still around me) leaned over again.

“Are you coming tomorrow?”

“For the photoshoot?” I confirmed. He nodded. “I’m not coming, it’s in the morning right? I have school.”

He frowned. “Alright.”

I laughed and pinched his cheek. “Don’t miss me too much.”

“As if.”

---

That night, I went to sleep in my new house with the giant bear in my arms. I snuggled my face into it as I thought about everything that happened.

I hated it, my mind was completely occupied by him. The way he smiled at me, his shy look, the way he interacted with Jaewon and besides his (sometimes) jerky personality, how sweet he was to me today.

I hugged the bear closer to me before closing my eyes. I sighed.

Kim Jongin, stop confusing me already. I don’t know what to expect anymore.

 

---

A/N:

Double update for today~
Was writing like a maniac...
Got a surprise for you guys next chapter =] It's gonna be fun! ...And there's gonna be drama...but shhh pretend you didn't know that.

Thank you all for the comments and subscriptions.

Will update soon!

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Kai, Luhan, Sehun, Chen, Chanyeol, Youngmin, Kwangmin and Baekhyun's Wifey