Recovering

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

After who knows how long, I brought my head out of my knees and took in my surroundings. In a desperate need to get out of Jongin and Luhan’s view, I ran without even thinking where I was going.

I found myself sitting along the Han River, knees tucked into my chest as I looked around. It was already pitch black outside, the only light came from the busier part of the city across the river. Cars zoomed by behind me on the free way but other than that, there was no sound.

“How long have I been here?” I asked myself. It must have been at least an hour already. Are the others looking for me? I don’t even have a way of contacting them. I left my phone in my bag, back in the dorm.

“I should start heading back.” I mumbled. “How did I even get this far?”

“You tell me.”

I jumped at the sound of a voice behind me. I turned around, shocked to see Jongin standing there, twirling a set of keys around his index finger. Behind him was my car, parked alongside the road.

“What are you doing here?”

He didn’t look too happy with my reaction. “I was worried about you. And it’s getting late, you shouldn’t be out here on your own.”

“Why do you care?” I grumbled before I turned away from him and buried my chin in my arms above my knees.

I felt him sit beside me and stare out at the river as well.

“So...will you go back with me now so we can call off the search party?”

“Search party?!” I accidentally exclaimed in shock. “You guys have a search party?!”

“Well, Ji Eun was thinking of gathering one before I left but then again, I left like an hour ago.” Jongin replied casually.

“You’ve been searching for an hour?” I asked him. He nodded and I immediately felt guilty.

“Sorry.” I mumbled. He laughed.

“Don’t say sorry, it’s not your fault.” He replied. “Say, you haven’t been crying again have you?”

“N-no.” I stuttered. To make matters worse, my voice chose that exact moment to crack from the amount of sobbing I had been doing earlier.

“Aish you cry baby. You never change do you?” He asked jokingly. I pouted and slapped him on the arm.

“What did I do?” He protested. “It’s not my fault you’re so overly emotional about things.”

I knew it was supposed to be a joke. I knew he didn’t mean it but for some reason, his words still hurt me more than it was supposed to. I didn’t even reply to his comment as I tried to refrain myself from breaking down again.

“Hey, you’re not crying again are you?”

“Leave me alone.” I said before getting up and heading to my car. Just as I was about to open the door to the driver’s side, I realized I didn’t have the keys.

I looked up and found Jongin smirking and waving the keys in his hand as he approached me.

“Get in the other side.” He commanded. I didn’t budge and held my hand out for the keys. He simply shook his head.

“You’re not in a stable mind for driving. I don’t want to get arrested for letting an impaired driver drive.”

I glared at him. “I am not drunk.”

“Might as well be.” He said as he reached for my hand and pulled me to the passenger side. He opened the door and motioned for me to enter. I sighed and stepped inside, buckling the belt around me.

“Where are we going?” I asked him after a while of seemingly directionless driving. I looked over at him when he didn’t respond.

When we hit a red light, he turned to return my gaze.

“We’re going to forget everything that happened today.” He told me before driving again.

After driving a bit, he parked off on the side and walked over to get the door for me. We walked into an ice-cream shop and made our way to the counter.

“What do you want?” Jongin asked me as he took out his wallet. “It’s on me.”

“Hm....vanilla.” Jongin turned to me and gave me an ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look.

“What? What’s wrong with vanilla?”

“So plain and boring. Try something new.” He said. Something new....I sighed.

“Well...I guess if I’m gonna forget and start all over...strawberry?” He grinned and turned to the cashier.

“One strawberry scoop in a cone and one vanilla.”

I dropped my jaw at his order. “Why do you get to have vanilla?” I whined as the employee went to make us our icecream.

He shrugged and smirked. “I never said I couldn’t get it. You’re the one starting anew, not me.”

When we got our icecream, we walked out of the store and made our way casually down the street. I had to admit, the strawberry wasn’t bad but I couldn’t help but to eye his vanilla scoop every once in a while.

He caught me in the act after I glanced a few times. “Would you like some?”

I shook my head stubbornly. He smirked. “Okay, if you want some, just ask.”

It was a tempting offer but...my eyes widened in realization. “You did that on purpose!”

“Did what?” He blinked several times, pretending to be innocent. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“You ordered vanilla so that I would ask you to share.”

“And why would I do that?” He asked teasingly.

“B-because....”

“Hmm?”

“Never mind.” I mumbled and returned to eating my own icecream. From the corner of my eye I saw him let out a victorious grin.

“Where to now?” He asked casually. I shrugged and began looking around us. I spotted an arcade just down the street and pointed at it.

Jongin raised and eyebrow at me. “You just broke up with your boyfriend and you want to shoot zombies?”

“I was thinking something like air hockey but shooting zombies is fine too.” I replied. He chuckled incredulously at me as we walked on.

Almost an hour later, we exited the crowded arcade with sweat covering both of our faces. Not only was it hot in there, but the game was just too intense.

“You know, for a guy, you really at video games.” I remarked as we set off walking again.

“I’m sorry I spent half my childhood training to be a hot and y celebrity.” He replied. “On the other hand, I’m sure you scared off half the guys in the arcade with your manliness.”

I scoffed. “Don’t be jealous just because I doubled your score in the end and won us the game.”

“I wasn’t even paying attention.” He argued. I laughed and linked arms with him.

“Jongin, let’s go watch a movie.” I said.

“Why a movie?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I haven’t been to one in a long time.”

He sighed. “That’s so boring though~.” He whined.

I pouted. “Isn’t this date for me?”

I felt him freeze a bit on the word date and realized I had gone too far but before I was able to make up for it, he spoke up.

“Movies it is.” He declared as we walked to a nearby theatre. It was already late and by the time we got there, there was only two more shows.

“Jongin! Jongin! That one!” I told him as I pointed to a romantic comedy that I had seen the trailer of a few times.

“Yah, Yoonae, that’s a chick-flick.”

I pouted. “I thought this was for me!”

“B-but I’d be caught dead going to watch a chick-flick.”

I crossed my arm and glared at him stubbornly. “Again with you and your pride.”

“Well I’m sorry I can’t change my personality Mrs. I-Want-Everything-To-Go-My-Way.” I widened my eyes the same time he did.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that.” He stuttered.

What am I doing? I asked myself. Throughout this entire evening, Jongin did more than I could ever ask for by always being there for me but here I was, causing so much unnecessary drama, and making such a big deal out of everything.

“Yoonae?” Jongin took both my shoulders and looked deeply into my eyes. “I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to say that.”

I shook my head and smiled at him. “It’s alright. Actually...it’s getting late now, maybe we should just head back.”

“W-What? No! If you want to watch the movie then it’s fine.” Jongin insisted.

“It’s fine Jongin, really. Truthfully, I don’t think I’ll be able to stay up through the movie.” I told him. “Let’s leave alright?”

He stood there, thinking a bit before he suddenly brightened up, a giant grin forming on his face. He checked his phone for the time briefly before taking my hand.

“We still have time.” He told me before he began running back out the door. By the time we got to the car, I was already sweating and struggling to catch my breath.

Both of us got in the car the same time and before I was even able to settle down completely, he managed to buckle himself in and slam on the gas.

“Chill out Jongin.” I told him as we sped down the roads well over the speed limit. If the cops caught us, we would be in so much trouble. Imagine how badly his image would be affected if he was arrested right after debut.

“Don’t worry, we’re just about there anyways.”

I held my breath as we continued to speed past the cars. For the most part, the streets were empty so it wasn’t too bad.

I gasped when we arrived at the destination. The N Seoul Tower. He parked the car and within seconds, was at my side ushering me out. We ran to the ticket booth and immediately asked for two tickets to the observation deck.

“The tower closes in an hour though.” The lady replied.

“That’s fine.” Jongin said. “An hour is enough.”

She gave us our tickets and we walked inside, heading for the cable car to the top of the mountain where the tower was. Because it was so late already, Jongin and I had the entire cable car to ourselves. As we ascended the mountain, I gasped in awe at the brilliant street lights from below.

“It’s beautiful right?”

I nodded speechlessly.

I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind and rest his head on mine. I relaxed in his arms, feeling oddly comforted by his embrace.

“This is something that Luhan could never do for you.” He whispered into my ear.

It was true. Knowing Luhan, he would be so scared of heights that I would never be able to go with him up the mountain, nonetheless by cable car to visit the top of a tower.

The cable car ride was short lived but regardless, I was excited to go up the tower.

“Let’s go!” I rushed Jongin who was being held back by the ticket collector.

Less than 5 minutes later we were at the top on the observation deck.

“Waaahhh! So pretty!” I yelled as I leaned over and touched the window in front of me. He laughed and took my hand as we slowly made our way around the circle.

“We’re so high up.” I commented as we continued to walk around slowly.

“Enjoy it while it lasts shorty.”

I pouted at him but he only laughed. Not long after, we were forced to go down and leave before the cable cars closed for the night.

“Thanks for everything Jongin.” I told him as I leaned against his shoulder on the way down. He wrapped both his arms around me.

“You’re welcome. Are you feeling better?” I nodded wordlessly as I watched the city gradually getting closer under us.

“Jongin...”

“Yeah?”

“Stay with me tonight?”

“Alright.”

The rest of the ride there and home was spent in silence. That night, I slept in Jongin’s arms. One of his hands my hair softly as I snuggled closer to his body.

I had just about fallen asleep when Jongin called my name. I didn’t have the strength to respond, but after a while, he continued speaking anyways.

“Yoonae-ah...I’m willing to wait as long as it takes...” He kissed me lightly on the top of my head and not long after, both of us drifted off to sleep.

 

---

A/N: Sooooo how was it? KaiYoon <3 lol I promised you guys a happier chapter for Christmas but 1) I missed Christmas day because I was busy doing my own stuff and 2) it's not exactly the happiest chapter, especially not for LuYoon shippers =P

But anyways, I'm going to go to bed now. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks for the comments, subs, and readers!

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Kai, Luhan, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Sehun, and Baekhyun's Wifey